Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Flashed across headlines, announced across radio stations, E Cig users took a heavy blow int he state of Hawaii October 13, 2014.
The law that went into effect October 13 2014 banning the use of e Cigarettes in all state buildings was coupled with awfully poor allegations which stated that the vapor contains carcinogenics and other harmful elements. What a Blow!
I happened to be in my car on my way to work, when I heard the local public radio station telling the general public the story including in no short measure why the use of ecigs were so hazardous. Bunk, bunk and more unsubstantiated. bunk.
SO another battle lost, in a world that is going to decide in advance for the populous what they think is good or bad for everyone, without the facts.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/...arettes_banned_in_Hawaii_state_buildings.html

Last edited:

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Regret to say, I've had some difficulty getting the links to post correctly. On my Island, (with its own county council)
they continue to debate whether or not to extend the ban to outdoor parks also.
Those that follow the legislative news through CASAA and ECF, realize we had in the order of 16 different anti vape bills to combat int he past year.
Not all were defeated. Its such a struggle as the ANTZ continue to convince themselves that vapors are second hand smoke.
WHat cracks me up, is the residents are perfectly willing to live on a island with an active Volcano!, The volcano spews Co2, So2, S04
and sulfate aerosols into the air around the clock...
But you see theres not way to fight "mother nature". So the Vapes become the targeted faction.
Council reluctant on beach e-cig ban | West Hawaii Today

panicrevs13

Oct 16, 2014
Fresno,CA
on a federal level in their buildings they already have a "rule" it cant be used in a room that others oocupy". no law tho. so i dont think they would ever get involved. But eh the not in government buildings i can understand, Its the not in private buildings that I have a problem with. It should be up to the owner of THAT private building (except with housing)

panicrevs13

Oct 16, 2014
Fresno,CA
Oh the parks thing is rediculous, ALTHOUGH we have a no smoking ban in our parks, which is rediculous too, so if those are banned i guess to be fair ours have to be banned here too, In fact i believe in my city at parks our signs actually say "no tobacco consumption" rather than just no smoking. ridiculous. they say its because they dont want kids to see it, well i dunno bout in your city, but if u go to mine at schools all the teachers have to do is walk across the street! i dont get why they dont target them, Th whole ANTI-NICOTINE, campaign is so corrupt, they wouldnt wna go after teachers

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I'm not sure why this is such a major blow to vaping. You can't smoke cigarettes in state buildings, so why would they allow vaping? I am sure that if personal fog machines suddenly became popular, those would be banned in state buildings too. Just because you enjoy chucking clouds doesn't mean that everyone else in the room enjoys it too.

Shynobi

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2014
Bay Area
I'm not sure why this is such a major blow to vaping. You can't smoke cigarettes in state buildings, so why would they allow vaping? I am sure that if personal fog machines suddenly became popular, those would be banned in state buildings too. Just because you enjoy chucking clouds doesn't mean that everyone else in the room enjoys it too.

QFT, honestly what's considered a state building? If its just things like a courthouse, DMV, or any building where they do government services, I fail to see the big deal behind them banning it there.

That's kinda what I was thinking... Is there something I'm missing? Not being able to vape in state buildings is a big loss to the vaping community? I mean, I love to vape, but I wouldn't do it "in mixed company" so to speak. Just like when I was a smoker, I didn't smoke in "smoking sections" in restaurants.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Governments are the primary beneficiaries of tobacco sales. They literally get most of the revenues and it adds up to a lot. They are not going to be able to stop the increase in vaping nor the corresponding decline in tobacco sales. Never the less there are going to be some restrictions on vaping. Some bars allow it some do not. The same will go for other public places, offices, etc. My vaping is being tolerated on my shop floor, for which I'm truly grateful.

The days of tobacco are numbered. Government might be able to slow it down but they will lose in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread