Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-1.jpg

Hello, today let's take a look at the Hazard rta by Across vape sent to me for this test by Dovpo. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Hazard rta by Across Vape; Before starting, let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

1. The internal RBA can be disassembled and used on various systems
    2. The RBA Base is suitable for Billet type Boro Style Tanks
    3. Hazard RTA is compatible with most BB Bridges as long as they don't exceed 20mm in diameter!
    4. Kit consists of RBA and RTA atomizer
    5. Easy airflow adjustment
    6. Easy to build
    7. Unique room design
    8. Accurate atomization space for reliable MTL & RDL vaping
    9. Highly adaptable and configurable
    10. Protected side top fill system

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-2.jpg

► Hazard RTA by Across Vape; Packaging:
    The transparent ice crystal pack style allows you to view part of the contents, this surface features the "Across" logo and the inscription "Hazard RTA". On the back under the "Across" logo are; the address of Shenzhen Dovpo Technology, the barcode, color indication (SS), scratch & Check, QR-Code, trademarks and logos. On the side there are the main social icons and the wording "Designed By Across Manufactured By Dovpo".

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-3.jpg

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-4.jpg

► Hazard RTA by Across Vape; Packing List:
    • 1 Dovpo x Across Vape Hazard 24mm RTA
    • 2 pre-built coils
    • 4 Airflow calibrated pins
    • 1 Set of spare screws
    • 1 Set of spare O-rings
    • 1 Set of caps
    • 1 User Manual

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-5.jpg

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-6.jpg

► Hazard RTA by Across Vape; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 24mm x 45mm
    • Eliquid capacity: 4ml
    • Deck Type: Single Coil
    • Construction material: 303 stainless steel
    • Recommended resistance range: 0.8Ω/0.5Ω
    • Insulator: German PEEK
    • Thread: 510
    • Type of filling: Upper side
    • Type of vaporizer: MTL/RDL
    • Interchangeable air pins
    • Double slotted bottom airflow
    • Available colors: Gunmetal, SS.

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-7.jpg

► Hazard RTA by Across Vape; First Impressions:
    The idea is certainly brilliant and consists in making the various Bridge RBA compatible with an RTA type tank equipped with 510 thread to be adaptable to any Box Mod. Hazard RTA with an external diameter of 24 mm can in fact internally accommodate any BB Bridge RBA that does not exceed 20mm in diameter! Hazard RTA is made by Dovpo in stainless steel (SS) 303 with a polycarbonate (PC) tank having a capacity of 4ml depending on the base that will be inserted inside. The drip Tip is not present and this configuration gives you two choices; vape directly through the metal chimney or install your favorite 510 drip-tip to better insulate your lips from the heat.

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-8.jpg

The RBA base inside the package takes up the design of the gas mask so dear to the brand, this module is compatible not only with Hazard RTA, but also with any other Boro Tank to be inserted in the Billet Box! Hazard RBA is rebuildable in single coil and the rebuildable base is accessible by removing the two side caps. Dovpo and Across Vape supply two prefabricated coils ready for assembly, two slits are made in the structure for the e-liquid to flow towards the coil and through the cotton. The other parts include an extended chimney to be inserted onto the RBA, and a threaded bottom which will be screwed into the chosen Mod once the Hazard RTA + Hazard RBA structure is complete.

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-9.jpg

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-10.jpg

Starting to compose the parts of Hazard RTA and Hazard RBA together, I noticed very good mechanical processing tolerances, with sliding threads, and good quality o-rings. The legs of the coils are effectively stopped by the cross screws and the side feet. After tightening the screws be precise when cutting the legs to avoid contact with the metal of the dome/chimney. This RBA has the particularity of having double threaded holes on the posts, so it doesn't matter how you wind your coils if clockwise or counterclockwise, just change the hole and move the screw.

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-11.jpg

After inserting the cotton in the coil you can adjust by cutting the two flush ends of the terminal parts of the metal channels, then you can insert the metal cover and join the parts with the two white Peek caps and then insert the RBA base in the Hazard RTA.

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-12.jpg

The top cap of Hazard RTA shows the stylized Across Vape logo, the top cap is free to rotate above a large red O-ring, by pulling the top cap upwards you have access to the side charging port which is protected by a red silicone rubber. I find this filling system intelligent in its simplicity, it is also quite quick and effective to insert the approximately 4ml of e-liquid inside the tank, you can tilt the Hazard RTA slightly so as not to drip outside.

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-13.jpg

Thanks to a rotating ring equipped with end stops, the Hazard RTA offers a standard adjustment of the lower air inlets, moreover for a precise regulation of the airflow, there are five different airpins in the package. I really liked the replacement of the pins, just unscrew the RTA base and unscrew the old pin and screw the new pin with tweezers, everything is really simple and fast.

• AFC pin diameter 1mm
    • AFC pin diameter 1.5mm
    • AFC pin diameter 2mm
    • AFC pin diameter 2.5mm
    • 3mm diameter AFC pin (pre-installed).

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-14.jpg

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-15.jpg

► Hazard RTA by Across Vape; Vaping Test & Final Conclusions:
    Dovpo & Across Vape recommend a resistance range between 0.8Ω and 0.5Ω, so I installed one of the two resistances (2.5mm diameter) included in the kit, however the space available also allows you to use coils with an internal diameter of 3mm. With the coil I used I found a resistive value of 0.7Ω. The liquid I chose for this test was TOB Hypnos diluted 10% in a 50:50 VG/PG base with 3mg/ml of boost. By almost completely closing the two AFC slots on the base, adopting a 510 resin drip-tip specific for MTL/RDL, and with the pre-installed 3mm air-pin I obtained a right RDL contrast. I also tried the remaining airpins and found my ideal setup with the 1.5mm one. With the 1.5mm pin the RDL puff is well calibrated, even keeping the two lower slots completely open. By closing the lower slots to about 1/3 of their total opening, a MTL restricted puff, with hot steam and with a great perception of nicotine is obtained at 18w of power. To lighten the nicotine load on your throat, just open the airflow slightly. I really like this "aggressive MTL" configuration, the perceived flavor is high, the cotton feed is constant and without any dry hits. Hazard RTA is crackling like wood on the fire, slightly noisy in suction, but not annoying. The finishes and the assembly are really good, the only precaution concerns the polycarbonate tank which is threaded, therefore delicate and you could damage it if you screw it wrong, take a little patience in performing this operation. I would have preferred the presence of a driptip in the kit, yes it is true to vape a driptip is not necessary, but I have noticed that without the driptip the fireplace can get a little too hot in contact with the lips. The recessed position of the AFC ring is not the best of comfort, if the adjustment ring had been flush with the tank it would certainly have been easier to rotate, all in all nothing serious on this aspect either. For the rest I confirm my positive impressions, and I think that Hazard RTA + Hazard RBA are really a well thought out, simple and versatile system. Hazard RTA by Across Vape really represents everything that lovers of this kind of accessories craved.

Thank you Dovpo for sending me Hazard RTA by Across Vape.

Thanks for reading.

Hazard-RTA-by-Across-Vape-16.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread