Hcigar DNA30 18650 (TBA) or Cana 30 or ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammy75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
Hi all. I am wanting to get a new box mod for taking to work. I would like it to be small, which is why I am leaning towards the hcigar. Does anybody have any experience with it? I haven't been able to find much on it. I know many are big fans of the Cana but it seems like it would be too big. I would like to stay around 100$ (CDN) and preferably have an 18650 but am open to built in lipos.

I use a nautilus mini and Aerotanks. Currently have an MVP (a little tall), vamo (just too big and flashy even in 18350 mode) and an itaste VV V3 (brutal battery life).

Essentially I can certainly get by with what I have and possibly adding another VV but what fun would that be. Also looking for something with a little more power as I am going to try some RDAs for around the house. I am also open to other suggestions if the mood should strike you. Thanks

Edit: the hcigar is 95$ and comes with a Sony VTC4 the Cana is 100$ and does not come with a battery.

Last edited:

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Cloupor is much better than the HCigar (hotcig, fastech, same thing) but I would go with any IPV over any of the Hana boxes (clone or not).

IPV has a wider range of usable regulated power, that alone makes it win out to me. Extra power (esp with the version 2 or 3) does not hurt either.

The form factor and the box itself of the Hana are superior IMO, but thats about it. The IPV box is a little cheap feeling by comparison and the charging port is in a horrible location, but again as far as what is under the hood it kills the dna30 and its clones.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I did a fair amount of research on the DNA30 style but ultimately placed a pre-order on a IPV3 from eciggity.com. The IPV2 can be had for 89.99 at Welcome to Vapin' in the Cape - THE 'Original' VAPE STORE! Often imitated.....NEVER Duplicated

If you are dead set on the DNA30 type and an original Hana Modz is out of the question I would go with the Cloupor Cana. I have seen it varying from 64-100 Here is one for 89.00 vapor north Cana Mod DNA30 Greenhouse has their DNA30 listed for 63.99 and said it was manufactured by Cloupor they are also a registered supplier with this site as well. Ppl also seem to like their Fasttech versions but I have no experience with any of the sites I linked or mentioned just simply basing my own opinions off of my own research

I was in this same boat recently and the Cana was on my list at first. I read a great many threads, watched youtube vids and this and that. One reason I went with P4Y is the warranty the IPV comes with a 12 month warranty. Nothing against Cloupor but when doing research for the T8 I found their warranty to be less sound. Glitches and bugs happen so a warranty seemed important for me. Hope you lock in on what you want and get a solid device that pleases you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread