Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 filling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
I recently bought an hcigar kayfun 3.1 clone from Luxor Vapes. Rebuilding it and putting everything together was easy but when it came to filling it...it was EXTREMELY messy. What do you guys use to fill these up with? I was using just a regular syringe gauge needle and juice got everywhere LOL. I managed to fill it up but that was not enjoyable. Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

Here's a link to the Kayfun that I bought: HCIGAR Kayfun 3.1 | Luxor Vapes

jackmormon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Put your finger over the air intake hole and hold it there. Unscrew the top cap, and fill it from the top (keep your finger on the airhole.) Just barely start screwing on the top cap. Just the first couple of threads. Turn it upside down, take your finger off the airhole and finish screwing on the top cap. This retains the vacuum and no mess. (I didn't have much luck with the valve filling thingy.)

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Put your finger over the air intake hole and hold it there. Unscrew the top cap, and fill it from the top (keep your finger on the airhole.) Just barely start screwing on the top cap. Just the first couple of threads. Turn it upside down, take your finger off the airhole and finish screwing on the top cap. This retains the vacuum and no mess. (I didn't have much luck with the valve filling thingy.)

Ahh, I knew it worked off a vacuum so I didn't want to flood it, that makes sense though. I'll try that next time I fill it up, thanks for the tip! :)

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I usually fill my HCigar 3.1 through the fill hole...I've tried the 'top fill' method a few times, but I always end up with some gurgling...probably my fault, but oh well...

I found a blunt-tip syringe that fits perfectly into the fill hole in my 3.1.....not sure exactly what gauge it is, but it works great. What I do is push it in, and you should be able to feel the spring-loaded valve open when you push. I then SLOWLY push the plunger on the syringe until all the liquid is in the Kayfun (Make sure you're holding the Kayfun upside down!! You will flood it otherwise...ask me how I know!!).......I don't use the clear tank on mine, so I measure 4ml of E-liquid and put that into the 3.1.....That way there's still a bit of air in there...I heard they don't perform as well when they're packed full of fluid.....is that true??

Anyway that's what I do, and I haven't run into any leaking out of the fill hole....

Last edited:

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
I usually fill my HCigar 3.1 through the fill hole...I've tried the 'top fill' method a few times, but I always end up with some gurgling...probably my fault, but oh well...

I found a blunt-tip syringe that fits perfectly into the fill hole in my 3.1.....not sure exactly what gauge it is, but it works great. What I do is push it in, and you should be able to feel the spring-loaded valve open when you push. I then SLOWLY push the plunger on the syringe until all the liquid is in the Kayfun.......I don't use the clear tank on mine, so I measure 4ml of E-liquid and put that into the 3.1.....That way there's still a bit of air in there...I heard they don't perform as well when they're packed full of fluid.....is that true??

Anyway that's what I do, and I haven't run into any leaking out of the fill hole....

Hmm, I might get a few needle-tip adapters for my bottles and see how that works. I'll try both methods and see what works best for me. Took me a little while to figure out which was the fill hole :laugh:this was my first Kayfun so it was a bit confusing. I'm using the clear center piece and I just fill it until the liquid comes just over the top of it, it's working great so far.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Hmm, I might get a few needle-tip adapters for my bottles and see how that works. I'll try both methods and see what works best for me. Took me a little while to figure out which was the fill hole :laugh:this was my first Kayfun so it was a bit confusing. I'm using the clear center piece and I just fill it until the liquid comes just over the top of it, it's working great so far.

Excellent! Yeah the HCigar 3.1 was my first Kayfun-type atty too.....still working great!! I now have a 'real' SvoeMesto KFL+ and a Black Edition KFL+ as well, but the HCigar 3.1 is just as good as the real thing IMO....

I used the clear tank for a while, but I prefer the look of all stainless steel...once you get a sense of how much liquid it takes you don't need the clear tank anymore....unless you like how it looks...I go back & forth.... :)

Merlin21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Northern New Jersey
I have the same one from Luxorvapes, I do the top fill method that jackmormon posted with great success. You can use any tip, don't like carrying blunt needles around with me.

Hey Cantstop, How do you like the Ehpro KFL + in comparison to the HCigar? Does it whistle? I ahve the Tobecco version and every time I take a drag I attract all the neighborhood dogs :?: Love the Hcigar 3.1 but want a smaller one. Thanks

cantstopwontstop

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
cary,nc,usa
I have the same one from Luxorvapes, I do the top fill method that jackmormon posted with great success. You can use any tip, don't like carrying blunt needles around with me.

Hey Cantstop, How do you like the Ehpro KFL + in comparison to the HCigar? Does it whistle? I ahve the Tobecco version and every time I take a drag I attract all the neighborhood dogs :?: Love the Hcigar 3.1 but want a smaller one. Thanks

The Ehpro one is great. Smaller the 3.1 and no whistle that I keep hearing about, possibly just a fluke of the Tobeco. I leave the airflow all the way open or it's too tight for me. Really the only drawback of it is that it lacks the airy draw that the Hcigar 3.1 packs. But really that's more just personal preference. It is a solidly built atomizer and comes with 2 M-tanks which is great. I only use the larger one, and really like the look of it and being able to see my liquid levels. You can easily find one on Ebay from a reputable seller for under 35$ which is about the price of the Tobeco from any US vendor.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
I use these They work perfectly because they create a seal and that's what those little metal needle tips lack and why the liquid comes out of the fill port instead of into it.

I remember Pbusardo using one of those filling tips in his Russian 91% review, I just picked up a few from Litecigusa to try out. Thanks for the suggestion :)

sunnata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
voidness
I remember Pbusardo using one of those filling tips in his Russian 91% review, I just picked up a few from Litecigusa to try out. Thanks for the suggestion :)

I saw that review and was worried about the included metal tip. Russian was still being shipped, but I worried and started searching for plastic tips.

Found a link on tasteyourjuice with some shorter plastic tips, in his words "less bendy" (source: Taste Your Juice | BOTTLES WITH TIPS FOR KAYFUN/RUSSIAN FILLING)

I ordered a few and they work pretty great. But I have to say, my metal tip that came with the russian, also works pretty great.

LVGqhaX.png

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Never could get the bloody fill hole to work in my Hcigar and I have every size sarenge tip on planet earth. Thanks. The plastic tip worked liked a charm a few mintues ago. I got mine from https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10006152/1567703 and they have boat loads if your willing to wait. Various lengths also.

Thanks for the ideas.

:)

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Same model from Luxor: HCigar KF 3.1:

My issue seems to be no matter "how" I fill it (port, or from the top) is "weeps" from the fill port. Is anyone else having this issue, or perhaps knows what I'm doing wrong to cause this? If I top fill, I cover the fill port hole while doing so, am I covering the wrong hole per chance? Other than this small issue (which I'll take over gurgling protanks any day of the week!), I love the flavor this thing puts out!

Any thoughts or help are appreciated.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Thanks for the reply Jack!
Yeah, I went back and rewatched Busardo's youtube on the Russian (which is essentially WHAT the HCigar Kayfun is) and gonna try a few things, see if I can't get it all sorted. If the fill port is itself completely jacked, thinking a snapped off toothpick inserted into the "interior side" of the fill screw and then the fill screw replaced should effectively plug it.

I also noticed a few times when I DID use the fill port, it seemed to also leak into the chimney section (was filling upside down, as recommended).... could be a bad fill port drill location in the build too....*sighs* so may variables, but ah well, still probably one of the best non drip atties I've ever used.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
update: yup, borked fill port. No matter how I tried to use it, still wept from the port, so my fix to plug it was the little silicone "condoms that come with cartos, the piece that pops out of the condom (looks like a silicone toothpick sorta), slipped some of that in there, snipped it off, and re-inserted the fill screw. No leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread