Hcigar VT200 DNA 200 3-s Lithium Polymer Regulated Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaponeGiaccone

Mar 8, 2016
Okay so I'm just enjoying "beast" coils recently released by Smoktech for the TFV4 Subohm tank 24.5mm diameter size-my favorite tank still and even more so and here's the reason: TF-T8 .16ohm "Beast" Cloud Chaser family (of their coils which are categorized) Clapton coil which can cloud up my entire condo in 3 hits. The wattage I'm enjoying is 118W or 120W depending on if I'm giving utterly ridiculous vapor production the greatest demonstration. However, it can max out at 180W. My Sigelei Fuchai 213 handles 130W when I vaped the coil at that level so that's enough for now. Otherwise I'm charging HB6s for the new Reuleaux RX200S which is updated to 250W as of 7/4/2016. I'm finally using my DNA 200 mod because the settings I have applied are FINALLY appropriate for Kanthal & Clapton auto-VW vaping. I know there is a CSV Kanthal file but I don't know what the manufacturer is even friggin using. Out of 2 choices of Clapton wires, 4 different Kanthals, and the shape and measurements I would not know-ever. So this discontinued Hcigar VT200 200W DNA 200 mod is about 1100mAH built in cells that charge quickly, with the current firmware having a perfect 25/26 continuous amperage, ramp up time options that rival the Fuchai's, and all sorts of features that the Escribe software for Windows (I build high end/multimedia Windows Desktops for 45% more affordable than any completely identical build [down to the brand of the RAM sticks BTW]) but it's a game of trial and error that when you're not using the TC feature which the chipset basically was made almost exclusively for-custom TC options galore-so I gave up on the mod for a while. At this time it's not available, but a VT133 or something or other is it's replacement and I'm guessing it's not 200W capable by the name. If you find one of the discontinued 200W Hcigar DNA 200s buy it immediately. Lavabox is a piece of plastic with a 115 dollar chipset made in the United States but probably shipped out of the continent for assembly of the mod enitrely. It's solid, smaller than and dual 18650 but substantial in size for big hands like my own, has one of the best Lipo packs already installed in the stock model, and is truly capable of anything. The solid as a rock construction and gold plated perfectly designed 510 pin connection, simple menu, and ironically was formerly the most desired and most affordable of the DNA 200 mods at the time it was sold. I got my new replacement TFV4 Black Stainless Steel and Pyrex over-sized tank and the brand new coils from Smoktech for the tank and am thinking it has everything any type of vaporizer user would love once they learn the software. The RX200S is slower to ramp up but the tank plus the RX200S base is sturdy when placing it on a table near your work station and has a different vaping experience which I also love so Just reminding people that if they look around ebay or something for an unopened device, they would be hitting the jackpot. That is all.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I have two VT200's (1 still new in the box) and 2 Lavaboxes. The only plastic (acrylic) on the Lavabox is the front panel. They are great mods. I prefer it over the VT200 even though I like those too.

The VT133 uses the same DNA200 chip but is throttled back to 133 watts because it uses 2 x 18650's in series. The DNA200 chip has a maximum input current of 23-24 amps (The spec sheet says 23 but I believe the newest firmware raised it to 24 - there is an on-board 25amp fuse so you can't get more than 24) and an output current of 50 amps continuous and 55 amps peak instantaneous.
http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna200.pdf

L to R: Black Lavabox, Blood Red Lavabox, Reuleaux DNA200, VT200, and DX200 (in its 2 x 18650 configuration)
IMG_20160304_114738_zpsfzas6rj5.jpg

IMG_20160304_114836_zpsfj2vyqtx.jpg

Blood Red Lavabox (My favorite DNA200 3s Lipo Mod)
IMG_20160304_225122_zpsehlpqzl0.jpg

5 of a Kind (VT133's)
IMG_20160708_141522_zpspcybyvwx.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: OhTheAgony
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread