Head Democrat Orders FDA Director to Ban E-cigs or Resign

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm thinking more battle to the death..... If like ONLY we could be promised there would be no last man standing.

It would be Hillary by the way. I'm pretty sure that woman has some (perhaps as yet untapped skill) when it comes to killing people.

Server skill, perhaps not so much. I SO miss the elections when my mom was begging me to vote for Hillary over Trump and I would say "I'm not voting for Satan, mom."

She would TRY to argue it and fail. Finally, I would offer to let her buy my vote and start demanding how deep pockets she exactly had.

It was immense fun tormenting her she seemed to like, hate Trump a fair amount.

But then again he's an outspoken gentleman who likes the ladies. I don't think my mom ever cared for that type. Had he announced he was secretly gay, she would have been ALL over it though. My mom can't help loving the gays.

One of my favorite experiences of all time was going to the Adam Lambert American Idol concert with her. I did stuff like buy her posters because she couldn't bring herself to do it. I also (upon hearing we were in the second row) secretly brought ear plugs and handed her a pair. She was adorable.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Senator Dick Durban has told acting FDA Director to Ban e-cigarettes within 10 days or Resign
Uhm, the food-chain at the FDA, like any other FedGov agency, goes up and ends at the POTUS, not some Senator.

If Dick wants e-cigs banned, he can introduce legislation to do that. It will have to pass the Senate, then the House, and be signed by the President. Maybe someone should send him the classic "How a bill becomes a law" School House Rock video?

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
Didn't know congressmen were empowered to issue orders like that.
Dick Durbin is...well....(EDITED).
But then again, we didn't know governors were empowered to issue a ban without the legislature either. Been a busy week.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Senator Dick Durban has told acting FDA Director to Ban e-cigarettes within 10 days or Resign after a third vaping death. Seems to me this is not an FDA problem but a DEA problem since it involves black market T.H.C.

When was Dick Dumbass elected President? Only Presidents can issue what amounts to an Executive Order to a Federal agency. So until Dick is elected President, he can have a Coke and smile and shut the .... up.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Senator Dick Durban has told acting FDA Director to Ban e-cigarettes within 10 days or Resign after a third vaping death. Seems to me this is not an FDA problem but a DEA problem since it involves black market T.H.C.
Whoa! That's a bit over kill, geez!

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
It's all complete madness now! I was taking a :censored: (using the bathroom) and listening to MSNBC through the door (mom's bedroom TV) and they were talking about the recent event and jumped right into "so this means e-cigs are not a safe way to quit smoking" Part of me was outraged, but actually I just got really depressed... and the "sheeple" are buying all this BS.
BTW, those "illicit drugs" are legal now here in California, and the "non-psychoactive" one is a very helpful medicinal, so the plot thickens.
Please don't get too political in these discussions (personally when I was told who the two people that were running for president last time around I just said "you have to be kidding!") I hate them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread