Headaches.... PG? Sweetener? Flavor sensitivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratocastorNM

Apr 10, 2020
So I vaped back in the day with a little ego setup, was more trouble than it was worth back then. Recently, got back into it. Picked up a little innokin coolfire with the zenith tank, also a zlide with a few coil types. Also got a hold of a few flavors (hawaiian pog, mango, berry) of naked 100 65vg/35pg 3mg nic juices. Nice little discrete MTL setup, but I felt that it left me wanting more. Additionally, found that I got a little headache going on with vaping, especially chain vaping. I dont think its the nicotine, was about a pack a day smoker of American Spirit yelows (about 1mg per cig). Anyways, was not that bad, so decided to upgrade.

Fast forward to yesterday, got my geekvape aegis x with cerberus, and man what a difference. Now at 60-70 watts, same ejuice, can really taste the juice, up to the point that it seems overly sweet. The headahces have stepped up in accordance with the increased vapor. Have tried keeping hydrated, taking smaller, more MTL style drags, doesnt seem to help. Went back to an analogue, and seemed to make the headache stop a little bit...

So Im wondering, is there something in the juice, maybe a PG sensitivity?? Maybe they are now adding sucralose or the such?? I have some Max VG blends incoming form stash eliquids, and will see how they treat me. two start from them I got a 3mg nic blend, and a 0mg nic blend, thinking 3mg might be a bit much in a DTL setup... Does any of this make sense?? Love vaping as an alternative to smoking, and would like to eventually quit... Just wondering what the thoughts of the forum say about this!! Thank you all for your input!!!

stratocastorNM

Apr 10, 2020
Too much nicotine causes headaches.
Yeah, have read about that... Just seems crazy from almost a pack a day to 3mg ejuice.. Do freebase sub oms deliver that much more??? Seems counter to everything else I have read... Well, gonna start next tank with 0mg juice from stash, and ordered a 3mg of the same to make a 1.5, will see how the 0mg hits me...

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I DTL and currently use 1.5 mg/ml nic. It is all I need.

Started out a long time ago going from 1 1/2 pack a day of cigarettes to throw away devices with around 50 mg/ml. Kept changing to devices that produced more vapor and each time ended up lowering nic level. I dropped levels over about 3 years as the devices got more powerful on the amount of vapor produced. Each time the reason I lowered the level of nicotine was because I could feel that the nicotine was too much. My body told me that.

I DTL at 1.5mg/ml and don't have any issues, it is plenty and I don't need more than that. If I vape 3 mg with the current setup, I get a headache, Nervousness and upset stomach almost immediately.

stratocastorNM

Apr 10, 2020
I DTL and currently use 1.5 mg/ml nic. It is all I need.

Started out a long time ago going from 1 1/2 pack a day of cigarettes to throw away devices with around 50 mg/ml. Kept changing to devices that produced more vapor and each time ended up lowering nic level. I dropped levels over about 3 years as the devices got more powerful on the amount of vapor produced. Each time the reason I lowered the level of nicotine was because I could feel that the nicotine was too much. My body told me that.

I DTL at 1.5mg/ml and don't have any issues, it is plenty and I don't need more than that. If I vape 3 mg with the current setup, I get a headache, Nervousness and upset stomach almost immediately.
Yeah, that sounds exactly what is going on!! I think I missjudged how much I'm getting jumping into a dtl setup!!! I tried a little bit of a 6mg juice earlier today, my got was harsh!!! Well, have two bottles from stash on the way a 3mg and 0mg of the same, gonna test with the 0mg first and add little by little to get were I need!! Thanks!!!

stratocastorNM

Apr 10, 2020
So picked up two bottles of darkstar from stash eliquids. First of all delicious.. one 0mg nic other 3mg. Think I have to sub ohm at no more than 1.5mg of nic. Get a nice fix without the headache. Crazy how much vapor the aegis x paired with a Zeus can fire. Going to start building some rta, rda, and a mtl rta here Ina bit!!! Even have some 100% vg to dilute as needed on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread