Travel and Vaping Heading to Italy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engraced

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
AK-Rowdy, Ohio
I'm headed to Turkey, Morocco, Italy, Spain, and France for two weeks at the end of November. Haven't traveled internationally with an ecig, but personally, I'm not taking any APVs with me as I don't feel the risk of it getting confiscated outweighs the benefits of taking any of them. I'll be taking a dozen eGo batteries and 6 vivi novas (with additional coils) along with 60ml of eliquid (I go through about 3ml a day). Planning to stash 2-3 the additional batteries with my camera gear (which I figure will attract the least amount of attention) and the rest in my checked baggage. I'm honestly expecting at least one pair (battery + vivi) getting confiscated in at least one customs search given the number of countries I'm going to. I know France has a decent ecig population (there are two B&Ms in Paris), but I'm most concerned about Morocco.

From everything I've read, most customs agents either ignore them or inquire about them out of curiosity more than anything. I think the larger APVs will attract more attention.

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I am currently in Italy and had no trouble getting onto an international flight from the US. I am hoping the same will happen on my return flight. On the train from Rome to Solerno they announced that the 'no smoking on the train' policy also included electronic cigarettes. So I am encouraged that they are at least knowledgeable about them. I did run across a B&M shop in Rome :)

Sounds like you have a really fun trip planned! :toast:

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Have fun in Rome!

Trevi Fountain with a JS.

TreviJS.jpg

You won't have any trouble in Italy. Ecigs are HUGE there. Although they did just announce pending taxes in the 50% area coming soon. Many B&M shops are closing as a result. That's for another discussion though. The point is you should not have any trouble with your PV there around town or at customs/return flight, and will probably be able to find new stuff there if you wanted too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread