HEADS UP - NEWS - UPDATES! (When we know, you'll know!)

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
BAD FOR PUBLIC HEALTH: "The war on nicotine has hit home for Patt Denning as it has for millions of people who vape.

“I was freaked out when I heard that I wouldn’t be able to get my vapes shipped to me,” she said. “I don’t think of my vape as medicine but that was kind of the feeling. All of a sudden I thought, ‘I found the right medicine and you’re going to take it away from me.’ I felt that desperation I imagine people on methadone feel when there is a hurricane or something. I was mad and I thought it was stupid. I had a fear reaction: ‘Oh no, I don’t want to go back to smoking cigarettes.’”

“I Rarely Vape Until Cocktail Hour”—Patt Denning’s THR Journey

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
CASAA IN ACTION: CASAA has launched a new "Facts & Myths" section on its already extensive website!

"This is yet another resource provided by CASAA in its mission to get truthful information about THR to the public," said CASAA President Danielle Jones.

Consumer Advocates for Smoke Free Alternatives Association

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
EXPOSING RESEARCH BIAS: Tobacco Harm Reduction advocate and researcher Dr. Brad Rodu lays out the facts, exposes how the US government has set itself up as a driving force behind the storm of anti-THR/anti-vaping research that's continually pummeling both advocacy and industry.

Tobacco Truth: How NIH Funding Undermines Tobacco Harm Reduction

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
CASAA THR ADVOCACY SHOW: (SATURDAYS 4:30 PM EDT/3:30 PM CDT) Did You "Accidentally" Quit Smoking? Let's Us Know on This Week's Deep Dive into "Accidental Quitting!"
Be sure to hit that notification bell & join in on what's sure to be a lively discussion!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
WINDSOR, CALIFORNIA: (URGENT CALL TO ACTION) Hearing TONIGHT at 6 PM for a TOTAL SALES BAN of nicotine #vaping products and of all other low-risk tobacco products in non-tobacco flavors. Click the link to TAKE ACTION NOW! #VapeBansKill

TAKE ACTION: Windsor, CA - Stop a Flavor Ban!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
CASAA IN ACTION: Steven Greenhut at the R Street Institute gave CASAA's Utah Call to Action--and THR in general--some great coverage in InsideSources!

"Like CASAA, we at the R Street Institute take a more practical approach—one that focuses on 'harm reduction.'"

Utah Nicotine Caps Derail Harm Reduction Efforts – InsideSources

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
STRONGER TOGETHER: This community is amazing! You exceeded the 1st goal of 5,000 signatures (by far) in just a few days and now the petition is already just a few hundred signatures shy of hitting the 2nd goal of 7,500. Keep it going! #VapingSavesLives

Petition the World Health Organization to Stop Lying!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
WINDSOR, CA: (UPDATE) The TOTAL SALES BAN of nicotine #vaping products (and flavors in all other low-risk tobacco products) has passed FIRST reading, but there will be another public hearing before it's official, so continue sending in comments!

Hearing Video: Town Council Meeting

Call to Action: TAKE ACTION: Windsor, CA - Stop a Flavor Ban!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
MICHIGAN: (HEADS UP!) Senate Bills 572 through 577 would impose excessive taxes, marketing restrictions and more on vapor products. The MI Senate isn't back in regular session until September, at which time these bills are expected to move with urgency!

TAKE ACTION: Michigan - Stop a Vapor Tax!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
ANTI-VAPING RESEARCH: Ignoring all of the real world studies showing no increased risk for HUMANS contracting COVID-19 due to vaping--in fact, it may even be protective--authors claim their study of MICE shows otherwise. (Mice definitely shouldn't vape.)

Vaping Increases Susceptibility to Coronavirus in Mice

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
VAPING RESEARCH: New Zealand study confirms that switching to vaping from smoking is a different journey for each person. Vaping researcher Prof. Janet Hoek said the observed variety in behaviors implied smoking cessation programs were too ‘‘simplistic.’’

Giving up smoking through vaping complex

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
WASHINGTON, DC: (UPDATE) Mayor Muriel Bowser has signed into law the bill banning the sale of vaping and low risk tobacco product in non-tobacco flavors, including menthol. Flavor bans irresponsibly make it more difficult for people to quit smoking.

DC Bans Sale of Menthol Cigarettes, Flavored Tobacco

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
CASAA LIVE SHOW: (SATURDAYS 4:30 PM EDT/1:30 PM PDT) Should all nicotine products be taxed the same at the same rate? Catch this week's Deep Dive!
Be sure to hit that notification bell & join in on what's always sure to be a lively discussion on Facebook Live, YouTube and Twitter!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
ANTI-PUBLIC HEALTH: Bloomberg-funded WHO report bemoans fact that 84 countries "still have no bans or regulations," while dangerously disregarding the clearly positive impact vaping has had on public health where its been embraced as a harm reduction tool.

Bloomberg-Funded WHO Report Doubles Down Against Vaping

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin