heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry ta hear that :( KBV takes security very seriously and has went through the endless hours of that it takes to be PCI compliant which 9 out of 10 vendors just pay the monthly non-compliance fee. We are now scanned by 2 difference independent companies for security monthly since we have 2 merchant accounts. If all vendors did this as opposed to just taking the easy route and paying the non-compliance fee your information would be some safer.

The truth is is that the odds severely favor this being a virus or keylogger on your end. KBV could be hacked, I'm not naive enough to think it not possible, look at Microsoft. The thing that never adds up when someone points a finger towards vendor is the fact that if hacked why only 1 card and not them all? We don't store your credit card information nor have access to it, what we see are the transaction ID and last 4 digits of the card. I get weekly requests from people to "add a bottle of this or that" and people believe we have access to the card when we don't.

If you can email me the date and name of the transaction I will look into by calling our merchant account but in the meantime suggest you stay away from sites that are not PCI compliant. All sites that process credit cards are required to process cards HAVE to be scanned and if they are not PCI compliant there ARE vulnerabilities detected, they just pay the monthly non-compliance fee. It's scarey when new sites pop up daily and they think an SSL takes care of everything. I also suggest to anyone purchasing anything online to use only the best anti virus software out there and scan regularly.

There are a lot of topics here at ECF on this subject if you use the search "stolen credit card". We, despite the fact have less resources to work with than many larger or higher priced vendors, do more with security than most as witnessed by this from our site:

"KICKBASSVAPOR.COM is enrolled in Trustwave's Trusted Commerce™ program to validate compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) mandated by all the major credit card associations including: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB, MasterCard Worldwide, Visa, Inc. and Visa Europe. "

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
I dont think anyone has responded accusing the OP of pointing the finger. I also took it that he was just letting people know of his prediciment. I chimed in just to inform the OP that he could probably cross off KBV as the culprit as I have used my card here thru the site numerous times without incident. I believe boB chimed in to use this post as a resource to inform his customer base to the extremes that KBV goes to to be PCI compliant.

I don't see where the person was pointing any finger, just giving a heads up if you see the card used in the near future know that it isn't them using it, or to please report...but...that's just how I read the message.

I dont think anyone has responded accusing the OP of pointing the finger. I also took it that he was just letting people know of his prediciment. I chimed in just to inform the OP that he could probably cross off KBV as the culprit as I have used my card here thru the site numerous times without incident. I believe boB chimed in to use this post as a resource to inform his customer base to the extremes that KBV goes to to be PCI compliant.

That was pretty much my point exactly Morfeeus, thank you. I also wasn't aware the card was actually stolen and was why I requested more info, but never heard back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread