Health Cabin meets FDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I ordered some parts, no liquids from Health Cabin. They shipped promptly and I've been expecting delivery in a week or so but I just received the following in a text from FedEx:

"FedEx: fedex.com/t/(tracking number)/en_US has been clearance delayed. Reason: Goods are subject to review by Food/Drug Agency prior to clearance.. Action: No action required at this time.. Reply HELP for help. STOP to cancel."

Has anyone else gotten this kind of message? If so, did you receive the merchandise?

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    No I've never gotten that. Sounds like you got picked for a random customs check. Since the ban isn't in place yet, you might still get your goods. If there's some funny labeling, like is usual from China, you might not. A lot depends upon your state laws too. It's a risk that we take upon ordering from China. 99.9% gets through, but if you're the 0.1%, it's tough. Good luck.

Reactions: YoursTruli

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I ordered some parts, no liquids from Health Cabin. They shipped promptly and I've been expecting delivery in a week or so but I just received the following in a text from FedEx:

"FedEx: fedex.com/t/(tracking number)/en_US has been clearance delayed. Reason: Goods are subject to review by Food/Drug Agency prior to clearance.. Action: No action required at this time.. Reply HELP for help. STOP to cancel."

Has anyone else gotten this kind of message? If so, did you receive the merchandise?
    If I import via FedEx or other express companies, I generally get hit with duties and/or fees.
    Express packages also seem to attract the most attention when paperwork is lacking or vague.

Hope you get it sorted.
    I

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

I got a Similar Notification years ago from FedEx. I called and they told me that My Package had been Delayed in Customs. And that they [FedEx] couldn't do anything because US Customs is a "Blackhole". All I could do was Wait.

So I Waited...
    And Waited...
    And Waited...
    And Waited...

And right about when I was Sure that it wouldn't arrive, about 4 Weeks, it showed up on my Door Step.

The Package was had Clearly been Opened and then Resealed. And Everything inside looked like it had been Poked at. But it was All there. And it All worked.

Not sure about Today with all the Shipping Issues that we have. But I hope that whatever you go Gets to You. Eventually.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    If I import via FedEx or other express companies, I generally get hit with duties and/or fees.
    Express packages also seem to attract the most attention when paperwork is lacking or vague.

Hope you get it sorted.
    I

I didn't really have a choice. I tried to use their basic, cheapest shipping for both cost and anonymity but was told that it didn't go to Hawaii where I live. A shipment from the same vendor a few weeks earlier by FedEx got to me in less than a week!

When you've gotten hit with fees and duties, does customs just send you a bill or do they knock on your door? Was it very expensive?

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    So I Waited...
    And Waited...
    And Waited...
    And Waited...

Wasn't there even any communication from FedEx or customs? Just a month wait and then it arrived?

As far as then versus now in regard to customs; I don't believe there's anything illegal about electronic vaping parts, is there?

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I didn't really have a choice. I tried to use their basic, cheapest shipping for both cost and anonymity but was told that it didn't go to Hawaii where I live. A shipment from the same vendor a few weeks earlier by FedEx got to me in less than a week!

When you've gotten hit with fees and duties, does customs just send you a bill or do they knock on your door? Was it very expensive?

US to Spain; If I get hit, I have to pay an additional 22% of the combined item+shipping total.
    Not apple to apples, but living on a island is different. (shrug emoji)

Cheers
    I

• Agree
    Reactions: Javichu

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Wasn't there even any communication from FedEx or customs? Just a month wait and then it arrived?

As far as then versus now in regard to customs; I don't believe there's anything illegal about electronic vaping parts, is there?

The Tracking Didn't update until the Day it was Delivered.

But if you mean Did I get a notice say'n "Congratulations. The FDA has blessed your Item(s) and they have now cleared customs!". No, I didn't.

I'm Not very current on Hawaii regs. But to get thru Customs, no State and Local regs can be violated. And if there are any Taxes that they feel should be Collected, that would need to Jive also.

If there is Tax Money involved that they think they can Squeeze out of you, you will Definitely get Notified.

LOL

• Agree
    Reactions: Izan

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Re Hawaii ...
    "The rules prohibit U.S. Mail shipments from businesses to retail customers (except shipments within the states of Alaska and Hawaii) "

I read that information multiple places...
    Vape Shipping and the PACT Act: What We Know So Far - Vaping360

So I take that to mean this whole vape BtoC shipments of ENDS can take place if you as a resident of one of those states buy from a vendor within your same state? I have been trying to figure that out...

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Re Hawaii ...
    "The rules prohibit U.S. Mail shipments from businesses to retail customers (except shipments within the states of Alaska and Hawaii) "

I read that information multiple places...
    Vape Shipping and the PACT Act: What We Know So Far - Vaping360

So I take that to mean this whole vape BtoC shipments of ENDS can take place if you as a resident of one of those states buy from a vendor within your same state? I have been trying to figure that out...

Eciggity.com sales gonna go boom.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    "FedEx and DHL are two other notable shipping companies that will also stop delivering vapor products.

DHL has already previously banned all shipments of nicotine-containing products, and FedEx was rumored to begin its vape ban on March 1. Unfortunately, it appears that the FedEx ban is already in place according to the company’s website."

UPS joins USPS, FedEx, DHL in stopping delivery of vaping products by April 5.

This might be your problem.

Guidelines for Tobacco Shipping | FedEx

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

I believe the Exemption is because Hawaii is a collection of Islands, and Alaska has Islands but also areas where Air Supply is about the Only viable way to get a Package from A to B.

So interstate Shipping is allowed.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Air Supply

Air_Supply_Greatest_Hits.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :laugh:

Status