• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Health Canada and new legislation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm not normally a political person. In the course of doing some reading about the recent ban in Canada I came across some interesting things. Apparently Health Canada is about to be given some teeth. At the bottom of the pasted message below there is a link to a petition you can download and sign. I intend to download it and have as many of my friends and family as possible sign it ASAP.

To all you Canadians who were worried about C51 and its effect on moving us even closer to a police state have a look at bill C-6.

This law removes the crime of trespass, allowing search and seizure with no warrants.

"if Bill C-6 passes, a precedent is set. It is completely unrealistic to assume that similar enforcement provisions and penalties would not be applied to drugs and Natural Health Products. As discussed below, Bill C-6 provides Health Canada with dramatically expanded powers to:
a. search private property without a warrant;
b. seize private property without Court supervision;
c. destroy private property without Court supervision;
d. take control of businesses without Court supervision;
e. in some circumstances to keep seized private property without a Court order;
f. impose penalties that manufacturers, distributors and retailers in the natural health community could not survive.

The real change brought about by Bill C-6 is not that it protects consumers, as the current law already grants the State significant powers to protect safety. Rather the real change is the abolition of procedural safeguards citizens currently enjoy.

Bill C-6 abolishes the law of trespass thus allowing the State access onto private property without any legal recourse.

Bill C-6 for the first time in Canadian history allows warrants to be issued to search private homes without evidence of criminal wrong doing.

Bill C-6 allows the State to seize property without a Court order, without reporting the seizure to a Court, and for an indefinite period.

Bill C-6 allows the State to assume control over the movement of private property without a Court order and without a safety concern.

The search and seizure powers in Bill C-6 are probably unconstitutional for violating the right found in section 8 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to be free from unreasonable search and seizure.

Persons can be fined and have property forfeited to the State for administrative violations. Persons so charged have no right to have a Court determine their guilt or innocence. Guilt is determined by the Minister. There is no defence of due diligence or of honest but mistaken belief. There does not have to be a safety risk to be charged with an administrative offence. The Minister who determines your guilt or innocence can keep seized property if he/she finds you guilty."

The above points were copied and pasted from a discussion paper written by Shawn Buckley of the NHPPA. The full discussion paper and link to a petition against bill c-6 can be found here.

on Bill C-6 | NHPPA.org or try this link NHPPA.org |

I have a PDF of the dicussion paper if anyone would like a copy pm me your email address and I will send you a copy.

TommyGunBC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver B.c.
This is just a part of the NWO that governments are trying to setup with the corporations and banks who actually run this world !! . I passed this info about this bill to the Alex jones show , ............

Scary times ahead people , unless we all wake up and get involved with politics at some level and defeat this agenda of takeover on our freedoms.
This is not right on any level, goverment and media has tried to dumb the population down so we don't care about what is going on WE NEED TO CARE AND ACT!!! or else face a bleak future .

We need to start a program like the alex jones show in Canada to expose the criminals , that are trying to take away OUR FREEDOM!!

Last edited:

waywardsister

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Families are already being raided at gunpoint over vitamins. That's what it has come to - total corporate tyranny.

Who was raided at gunpoint? I know there's been some truly ridiculous crap going on, like the farmer here who got busted for selling raw milk (and yes, his place was 'raided' and he was under surveillance, dragged through the courts etc), but families being raided at gunpoint for the contents of their vitamin cabinets? A statement like that needs to be solidly backed up.

If we want our voices to have impact, we need to appeal to decision-makers and such with rational, intelligent, factual information. Stuff we can back up. People who are against smoking, or addiction in general, already think smokers are stupid. Conspiracy rants do nothing to help the situation, nor do they help portray smokers (or vapers, etc) as intelligent, thinking individuals who know exactly what we're doing and why.

You are soooo very right Waywardsister. I'd kind of taken SmokeStack's post as sarcasm/humour though.... A lot of people seem to feel that HC's focus with this new legislation is to control or rein in the natural health industry, certainly those are some of the folks who would stand to lose with this. I also think it's a way to deal with people like the purepillz (or whatever) guy that they've had no authority to really stop. It just seemed to me that the same regulations, or lack of them, could be applied to vaping suppliers/consumers. We cannot appear to be the lunatic fringe, that merely lends validation to legislation like Bill C-6.
On a side note, I followed the story of the dairy farmer who was supplying raw milk. I LOVE raw milk and that's mostly what my children grew up on. The smell of hot milk, real cream, homemade butter and the taste of real milk just can't be beat. It blows my mind that it's illegal to give away real milk yet legal to sell high caffeine energy drinks to children.
Margaret

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I believe he is talking about a raid in the US on a farm selling supplements. Weapons were drawn against the family. I've seen references quite a few times so I read up a bit. I could only find references to it on blogs and other less than reliable sources so I have no idea what really happened.

And I agree with Tommy. Our freedoms have been eroding steadily for my entire life and like a frog being slowly boiled, we sit there mostly unaware. C-6 is Health Canada's 3rd attempt at a power grab. They won't stop without firm resistance.

It will be difficult to inspire Canadians to the point of writing letters and making phone calls. We're a very polite and trusting population.

Alain59

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Montreal Quebec Canada
I believe he is talking about a raid in the US on a farm selling supplements. Weapons were drawn against the family. I've seen references quite a few times so I read up a bit. I could only find references to it on blogs and other less than reliable sources so I have no idea what really happened.

And I agree with Tommy. Our freedoms have been eroding steadily for my entire life and like a frog being slowly boiled, we sit there mostly unaware. C-6 is Health Canada's 3rd attempt at a power grab. They won't stop without firm resistance.

It will be difficult to inspire Canadians to the point of writing letters and making phone calls. We're a very polite and trusting population.
Sorry i wanted to quote Nuck too
Maybe So, but its about time we stop letting ourselves from eventually led out to the slaughther house...................
Time for Canadians to worry , being nice and trusting will certainly get us in deep trouble in the near futur , we already lost many of our freedoms and most don't even know it !

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
About the e-cig-situation: At Ravings of a Mad Sceptic: Health Canada Prefers You Smoke Real Cigarettes... I came across this:
james said...

At least there is one good thing - I hear that some tobacco harm reductioninists are going on tv to defend the e-cigarette.
March 30, 2009 9:26 PM
Heathencat said...

Thank you, James, that's true... on Access TV I believe - at about 1pm (I don't know if it gets replayed later or not, hopefully so). I wish them luck, and hope they make a difference.
March 30, 2009 10:08 PM
Heathencat said...

I lied... it should air at 8pm, for anyone who's interested.
March 31, 2009 9:52 AM
Has anyone seen this perhaps?
(And wow, scary bill they are trying to pass... not that it's much different anywhere in the western world currently... we're all headed to disaster-time together unless a lot of people stand up fast and firmly...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread