Health issues with juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
I have a couple of friends whom I helped make the switch. While I have had no issues with anything that has to do with the e-cig and vaping, and one of the friends also has absolutely no issues, I wanted to bring up the issues my latest vaping friend is having. She is a die hard to vaping, so these setbacks are not swaying her in anyway, especially since there are solutions to the problem. She has only vaped for a week, and I first gave her a juice with 50/50 pg/vg. She had a bit of ........ the first day, and was good until she got to her new juices (1 is 100%pg, 1 is 100%vg). I mixed them for her, to ensure she didn't have any issues with either solution before she goes whole hog ordering juices. We have come to the conclusion that she can tolerate a 50/50 mixture, but 100% vg makes her have awful ......... I just wanted to post to keep all informed as to what issues they may encounter. She is a trooper, especially dropping her 1.5 pad, 30 year habit immediately the day she got her kit. She doesn't like the low vapor production of 100% pg, so will have to mix, but I may try her on a 70/30 ratio pg/vg next.

Thanks for reading, and don't give up hope to any who are having problems. I know many so very knowledgeable people on here are ready to help anyone who will join and post their questions. Don't be afraid, no one will bite you!! As I see it, I love to vape, and don't plan on stopping, but if all the e-cig does for you is gets you off analogs, and then you stop vaping too, then I feel it has served its purpose quite well. It doesn't work for everyone, and nothing has been proven yet on the health department (e-cig is just so new), but if that is all you get from it (stop smoking), I believe it is 100% effective!

Good luck to you all!

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
Thanks everyone! I did pass that info on to her at her first question on the e-cigs, Classwife. I don't think she has read it, but I read it over to her. Her problem was with the high concentration vg liquid. She has been on the same mg strength nic for all her juices, and no problems til she got to the vg mix.
I am so sorry it isn't working for your sister, Swedish, I really wish there was something we could do for her. I had to start my friend on the atty/cart set-up, she coughed way too much on the carto. I don't know if that will help your sister, but it's all I have to offer for that, since experimenting with the hubby on that issue as well. He doesn't cough nearly as much with the atty/cart as he does with the cartos. I don't know if lower nic, or different pg/vg ratios would help her, as I am sure you have already tried that. I actually sat with my friend for the first 4 hours to "teach" her, which helped her out a lot.
I don't know if immodium is vapable, Archetype! But that is a very funny thought!! I guess since they could do it with ......, there are endless possibilities!

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
I wish I had gotten 1 bottle of PG and 1 bottle of VG in my first order. Finding the balance seems to be vital to the vaping experience. I also wish I had gone with a tobacco inspired flavor instead of an actual tobacco flavor. I can't taste cigarettes anymore, so why did I expect to be able to taste tobacco-based flavors?

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
She has checkups quite regularly, she is borderline diabetic. Strange how we are all so different with our vaping experience. My sister is just starting, and having issues too. She just expected to quit smoking the minute she got her kit, a bit of an unrealistic perspective. So I am working with her, had to tell her that most don't quit immediately, it takes time, as with any major change in life!

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Been vaping 50/50 Cinnamon 24 nic, then down to 18 nic. Started adding more VG and cutting the nic. Lately. . .I'm experiencing a nasal drip. Wifey says, maybe it's allergies. Far as I know, I've not had any allergies all my life. Beats me, but seems to be associated with my increasing VG content. Anybody else noticing anything like this?

Cheers,
otrpu

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
I haven't noticed anything like that, otrpu. My nose may drip a bit more when I sit and vape for hours, but nothing that is really bothersome.
Just an update on my friend, she is past her ........ problem, and now has terrible gas issues. Now she is on gasX and doing a bit better in that department. I read on the forums about that issue, and no one can seem to give a clear answer on it, as it always turns into some really funny toilet humor!! It's hard to get serious answers when dealing with such a humanly funny subject!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Been vaping 50/50 Cinnamon 24 nic, then down to 18 nic. Started adding more VG and cutting the nic. Lately. . .I'm experiencing a nasal drip. Wifey says, maybe it's allergies. Far as I know, I've not had any allergies all my life. Beats me, but seems to be associated with my increasing VG content. Anybody else noticing anything like this?
The more VG my juice has, the more congestion I get.
I try to stick with 80/20 when I can.

I have a few yummy juices that are 50/50 and I still vape them.
But not as often as I want to.
:)

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
I think it's really variable, based on the person's body chemistry.

I get mouth sores and throat irritation with too much PG in my mix.

100% VG is fine but I don't get as much flavor/TH so I usually vape at around a 50/50 mix, or 60 PG/40 VG. I've never had any bad health results with 100% VG, it's just not as enjoyable for me.

It also varies by flavor - I get more throat irritation with cinnamon flavors (tho I do love them) so I have to rotate those out with fruit or menthol so I don't get too carried away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread