The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

"Health Officials" bust vendors, promoters at NJ Vape Expo

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by Mazinny, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mazinny

Mazinny Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2013
    NY
  2. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    sheesh... pretty soon we will be seeing warning signs on the doors to the venue where rock concerts will be playing...

Warning: Damage to your hearing may occur.... signed AC/DC ;)

• Like Like x 8
  3. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I had to lol! AC/DC left my ears ringing for a week.

• Like Like x 9
  4. GemInEye

GemInEye Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2015
    Somewhere In PA
    PA is prob next for this shenanigans! What people do out of fear of the unknown is astounding sometimes....

• Like Like x 3
  5. Jman8

Jman8 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I like the wonderful sense of compromises our adversaries engage in. How can we not be reasonable toward their position when they act like this?

IOW, I really hope organizers of this vape event fight them, win and send a message.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Sanctuary Denied

Sanctuary Denied Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    Vancouver, Wa
    Most vapers practice proper vaping edicate.
    Why can't nonvapers/nonsmoker's do the same? I'm pretty sure there weren't any of the latter there.

• Like Like x 4
  7. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Simple way for a sick city to pocket a little quick cash and grab a few headlines.

We didn't know...........

Seriously??????? And you earned you position on the Counsel how????

Just one more example of - We the few can tell you exactly what you can do!
    So much for Freedom :glare:

• Like Like x 8
  8. Rabbit Slayer

Rabbit Slayer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 19, 2015
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Why would people bother going to a vape expo where they're not allowed to vape?
    Yes the rule is stupid but, rules are rules. People knew about the no vaping before going and still went then decided to not follow the rules

• Like Like x 4
  9. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    Ya think?
    00z4u3Gh.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    That entire convention was a disaster.
    Organizers tried to circumvent local ordinances, and set themselves up for failure.
    They even tried to claim that it was a "membership only - private event" to try and find a loophole.
    That's some sketchy amateur stuff and should have been a huge clue to vendors and vapers.

Avoid sketchiness and unprofessionalism like the plague. It never works out.

• Like Like x 9
  11. crxess

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md

Bull
    Word has it it was back to business and vaping ... earlier by a bit after six p.m.
    Seems like nothing more than a publicity maneuver on the Councels part. Otherwise the Cops could have just as easily shut the place down.

If people don't at least attempt to live life the way they enjoy it as long as it does not bring injury to others we will eventually have NOTHING unless some ..... sitting in a closet decides it is approved.:grr:

• Like Like x 5
  12. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    Every vape convention I've seen has foggy rooms with low-lying vapor clouds like this. :wub:

It was a good idea to set up sampling outside. That probably should have been the SOP.

The reality is that other people use these convention centers....let's say the next trade show as soon as this one was broken down was a trade show for home furnishings or one of the big national expos like ABC Kids Expo or All Baby and Child Conference and Show.........I can fully appreciate that you simply can't have residue of VG or food flavorings hanging around in these buildings.

Really not sure I could handle being in a room that fogged up, to be honest. Its not about being anti vaping, I mean, I vape!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Rt1Rebel

Rt1Rebel Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2014
    Severna Park MD
    Hey! Let's have an e-cig convention at an indoor venue in a municipality that has strict laws against using e-cigs indoors! What could possibly go wrong?!

• Like Like x 10
  14. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    Not BS.
    Notices about the "membership system" were sent out to vendors.
    The organizers knew this was an issue.

The problem was, the organizers chose a venue in an area that already has regulations in effect, and either decided to ignore them, or didn't do enough research.
    Damn the laws, the show must go on.
    Organizers rent a venue and sell booths to vendors, and sometimes tickets at the door.
    That's all they do.

Also remember they voted those .......into
    Office, and continue to do so.

Apparently, it's what the good people that live there wanted.

;)

Laws need to be changed. It's not that hard of we all vote.
    We have the power. We always have.
    Civil disobedience is last desperate act, not a first response.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Alien Traveler

Alien Traveler Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Racehorse

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    There's been other vape conventions/trade shows where "problems" broke out.....due to not asking correct permissions and/or not having act together in general.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Racehorse

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    We've been thru this in past, over last few years, and covered this in forum posts.

Anybody looking at those kinds of photos, unless they are just so "pro-vaping" that they are in deep denial, gets it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TX Foilhead

TX Foilhead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Whoever put that together did a wonderful job of bringing the idiots who passed these crap laws out in the open and made them look as silly as the laws. It's not poor planning, it's very good planning they have everything covered so when the when everything looked like it was falling apart they exposed everyone.

Let's face it, some petitions and threatening letters from the minority aren't going to get it done, some civil disobedience that makes the news and makes those not involved think about the situation is much more effective.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Strings

Strings Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2014
    Manitowoc WI USA
    There's proper civil disobedience. And there's "due, get off of my side!"

This kinda stuff approaches the second one

• Like Like x 1
  20. crxess

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    and we are how many years into the Voting makes a difference thing? Civil Disobedience has its place.
    I do not even attend things like this. they have no appeal. However, I have attended many conventions and concerts in the past. I'm ex- car audio retail. I know what the people paying at the door are expecting........................ and it isn't ear plugs or lolli-pops.:D

* I'm not an in your face person, but this was a Promoted event with people having Expectations.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.