Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
?.. I think the whole myth of private clubs being exempt came about when smoking restrictions ramped up. I was in Virginia at the time and there was talk of restaurants and clubs becoming private and charging $1 for a lifetime membership. oddly, that ploy never worked...
Actually, it did, albeit with considerable expense on the part of the business. We belong to a cigar club in VA that is located above a very busy restaurant. Both the club and the restaurant are owned by the same entity. The club was given a permit after installing a ventilation system that prevents any residual smoke from entering the restaurant or adjoining buildings.

Reactions: Jman8

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Actually, it did, albeit with considerable expense on the part of the business. We belong to a cigar club in VA that is located above a very busy restaurant. Both the club and the restaurant are owned by the same entity. The club was given a permit after installing a ventilation system that prevents any residual smoke from entering the restaurant or adjoining buildings.

That's a cigar club. I'm talking about the average bar, club or restaurant...

Bgren99

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
MA
After watching Bursardo's videos...please don't ask me to vouch for those 2 organizers. It seems pretty clear that Mr. Talksalot was trying to rock the boat, and cut it close with lawyer talk and all that BS. He was too quick to treat this as a good thing becuz it will create "talk about vaping"...and Big Shady next to him just looked and acted like a typical sheister. Everybody knows somebody like these guys...thinks they know it all and tries to tangle with the big boys at their own game and loses. That's what I think happened here, he thinks he has a loophole so he went for it and his arrogance cost this event and us as vapers some credibility. He said it himself he was gonna goto Pennsylvania, but just wanted to do it in Jersey. Obviously I support vaping 100%, but with situations like we have right now, trying to skirt the rules becomes counter productive...and it seems beyond just the vaping indoors, this event with all it's hiccups (pole dancers,{Moderated} advocacy, etc) was destined to be a bad look. That reflects on the organizers in my opinion. Plus they lied about not knowing about the {Moderated} truck, and 2 seconds later said it was a concern when they were setting up.

Last edited by a moderator:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Yes rules were meant to be followed........................
But look at some of the rules written all through history that our own military has stepped in to revoke-----with force as necessary.
Then we are expected to simply comply with the wishes of those of a different mind set forcing their regulatory power upon us with little to -0- debate.
Who Wrote/Sponsored/signed that CLA into Law?
Who showed up to say, you can play ball on my court?

Sure follow the rules blindly. Then when the next set of rules are set in place taking even more away, hey - they are rules, step in line.

Exactly how far do things go before a person is to say enough is enough?
When will speaking ones mind or taking an action one believes in be acceptable?

Leasers
City
Promoters
Governor
I do not believe any of the above are Snow White in this matter.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Yes rules were meant to be followed........................
But look at some of the rules written all through history that our own military has stepped in to revoke-----with force as necessary.
Then we are expected to simply comply with the wishes of those of a different mind set forcing their regulatory power upon us with little to -0- debate.
Who Wrote/Sponsored/signed that CLA into Law?
Who showed up to say, you can play ball on my court?

Sure follow the rules blindly. Then when the next set of rules are set in place taking even more away, hey - they are rules, step in line.

Exactly how far do things go before a person is to say enough is enough?
When will speaking ones mind or taking an action one believes in be acceptable?

Leasers
City
Promoters
Governor
I do not believe any of the above are Snow White in this matter.

It's just vaping. Perhaps it just doesn't dominate and control the lives of many of us. Civil disobedience about being to inhale nicotine and flavorings in public spaces just seems a bit silly. There are far more important things in life...

Reactions: Bgren99

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
If you watch Busardo's videos, especially part 2 at the very end...it pretty much sums up the mentality and behavior that was displayed at this event that caused things to escalate to the level it did. The vaping community came out looking bad and unruly and the officials came out looking like the good guys. If there was truly confusion initially on whether vaping was allowed or not is one thing, but they did issue a warning which gave them the opportunity to correct the problem, but that didn't happen and folks kept vaping away so fines were issued. It's really hard to defend what happened here IMO.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
It's just vaping. Perhaps it just doesn't dominate and control the lives of many of us. Civil disobedience about being to inhale nicotine and flavorings in public spaces just seems a bit silly. There are far more important things in life...

Steve, I could really care less about the Vaping aspect of it individually. I will do what I do regardless of any rules in place.
It is the whole law making process that has become a sham.
I almost roll every time one of our vaping activist screams about stepping up and voting. I DO, EVERY ELECTION

If you want change you have to get the attention of the masses. Then you best be prepared to present your vision of how things should be.
Otherwise one is a speck of Dust in a Box of pepper and will go unnoticed.

I am a firm believer that fundamental freedom is a thing of the past and we are only as free as the more powerful decided we will be.

In my state alone I see taxes taked from people that will never see any benefit for a Bay that is on the opposite side of the state, yet a county Sewage plant has been allowed to continue dumping raw sewage into that Bay for years.
State Taxes have been allocated for 911 for years yet we now have a 911 tax on all cell phones and home phones. so I pay their fee 3x monthly.

Trust me, Vaping is the least of my worries.

Reactions: Jman8

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Steve, I could really care less about the Vaping aspect of it individually. I will do what I do regardless of any rules in place.
It is the whole law making process that has become a sham.
I almost roll every time one of our vaping activist screams about stepping up and voting. I DO, EVERY ELECTION

If you want change you have to get the attention of the masses. Then you best be prepared to present your vision of how things should be.
Otherwise one is a speck of Dust in a Box of pepper and will go unnoticed.

I am a firm believer that fundamental freedom is a thing of the past and we are only as free as the more powerful decided we will be.

In my state alone I see taxes taked from people that will never see any benefit for a Bay that is on the opposite side of the state, yet a county Sewage plant has been allowed to continue dumping raw sewage into that Bay for years.
State Taxes have been allocated for 911 for years yet we now have a 911 tax on all cell phones and home phones. so I pay their fee 3x monthly.

Trust me, Vaping is the least of my worries.

I used to stress out about the direction the country was going. It's a lot easier to accept the fact nothing can be done and no longer care. The country I grew up in is lost. There's no going back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread