Healthcabin, oil based flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
So I just ordered a bunch of flavors for diy from healthcabin, here's the link.

10ml concentrated fruit flavour(29 flavors)

And then I noticed further down the page

"Oil based:
Banana/Blueberry/Blackcurrant/Cherry/Cinnamon/Coconut/Cranberry Grape/Green Apple/Hami Melon/Juicy peach/Kiwi/Lemon/Litchi/Orange/Pineapple/Pomegranate/Pear/Passion Fruit/Raspberry/Strawberry/Star Fruit/Watermelon/Blackberry/Black Cherry/Guava/Cantaloupe /Kerson Fruit/Green Mango

Water based: Peach/Mango"

Does that mean they are unsafe? I have been reading to avoid oil based flavors. Is that correct info?

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I don't know if anything changed since you asked this question in March of 2015. What did they tell you when you opened your ticket?

In general, if it says "oil-based," and they can't convince me otherwise, I'm not going to vape it! There are just too many good concentrate companies out there that will tell you what is/isn't oil-based for me to waste my time on a company that wants to play games.
Good luck.:toast:

By the way; you missed the correct forum again (remembrances of 2015?). This will better reach the folks who DIY; in the DIY E-liquid forum. I'll ask the mods to move it for you; and you'll still get your notifications(no need to re-post).:D

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
I don't know if anything changed since you asked this question in March of 2015. What did they tell you when you opened your ticket?

In general, if it says "oil-based," and they can't convince me otherwise, I'm not going to vape it! There are just too many good concentrate companies out there that will tell you what is/isn't oil-based for me to waste my time on a company that wants to play games.
Good luck.:toast:

By the way; you missed the correct forum again (remembrances of 2015?). This will better reach the folks who DIY; in the DIY E-liquid forum. I'll ask the mods to move it for you; and you'll still get your notifications(no need to re-post).:D

Thanks. Lol. I have no memory of asking this in 2015, lol. But it does seem its more widely accepted these days to avoid all oil based flavours of any kind from what I have seen?

Reactions: stols001

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Thanks. Lol. I have no memory of asking this in 2015, lol. But it does seem its more widely accepted these days to avoid all oil based flavours of any kind from what I have seen?

Yes, all oil based flavors are to be avoided. They should only be used for making food products, not inhaled.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Stay away from the oils, yes. Plenty of flavorings to choose from that are not oil based, and they are not recommended for use in vaping. I'd try one of the more well-known wholesale DIY places like Nicotine River, they don't carry any oil based juices I don't think and have great selection. DIY Flavor Shack is good as well, and there are many others.

Anna

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
Thanks guys.

Well I also bought 100pg and 100vg base with 3mg and 6mg nicotine from them as well. I assume they cant/wouldnt/don't contain any oils and are fine to use,and I just need to chuck out the flavours and get them from somewhere else but the pg and Vg are fine to use? Or do I need to worry about oils with them as well?

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
Bought everything from healthcabin.

Here's the link to the flavors..

10ml concentrated fruit flavour(29 flavors)

The concerning part

"
Oil based:
Banana/Blueberry/Blackcurrant/Cherry/Cinnamon/Coconut/Cranberry Grape/Green Apple/Hami Melon/Juicy peach/Kiwi/Lemon/Litchi/Orange/Pineapple/Pomegranate/Pear/Passion Fruit/Raspberry/Strawberry/Star Fruit/Watermelon/Blackberry/Black Cherry/Guava/Cantaloupe /Kerson Fruit/Green Mango

Water based: Peach/Mango"

And here's the link to the 100% 3mg pg base, I also got 100% 3mg Vg..

115ml HC Unflavored E-Liquid (3mg)

Is there a link with a list of reputable sellers of flavours etc that you could possibly link me to? I'm
In Australia so would probably be looking for a reseller but will import if necessary. Would be greatly appreciated.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Your HC flavor link states for diy e liquids. I think the term oil based may be a language barrier misrepresentation. I would guess they my mean vg based or pg based depending on individual flavor. Simple way to test them is put a few drops in a couple ounces of water, shake and see if the flavor separates.

• Informative

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
So I got a response from healthcabin regarding their oil based flavourings and it would seem that it just means they are mixed with pg/Vg upon clicking the link they attached . However they do say its food based flavourings which are perfectly safe to vape. Although I have heard food flavourings shouldn't be vaped. Confused.

"Thanks for contacting us .
please be at ease ,these liquids are just food flavourings and safe to vape .please see in the attachment .the oil case is for dilute with concentrated liquid with unflavored .

Best regards,
HealthCabin Support

Attachments:
Concentrated.png
oil_base.png

"

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Most all the flavorings we use started out as food flavorings and are fine for vaping as long as they are alcohol or PG based. Some flavorings are in an oil base and should be avoided.

I suspected that there was a translation issue, as I've seen a number of Chinese sites refer to liquid as "oil". I think your flavorings will be fine. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread