Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hello Everyone,

I’ve recently gone back on to my vape (same e-cig and vape juice as before w/ 6mg nicotine) and sometimes when I’m vaping I can feel my heart squeezing with a deep sensation like it’s struggling to pump blood. Also, I can sometimes get small little pains around my heart.

I’m probably just going to Jack the e-cig in for a while now but I would like to know what makes this happen.

My recommendations are (in order of importance):
  1. Find a better doctor who's going to look into it thoroughly.
  2. Make sure the experience really is vaping-related. If it ever happens at other times, don't mention the vaping to the Dr. (Dishonesty to medical personal is something I'd usually discourage very strongly, but it can be necessary if the Dr is a twit who writes you off as soon as you mention vaping.) . If it only happens when vaping, it does sound like you'll need to drop the vape.
  3. If you're sure it's vaping-related and you're determined to keep vaping, try lowering or removing your nicotine. It's a stimulant that does have an effect on the heart.
One other note - if you decide it is vaping related and drop the vape, keep an eye out for new non-vape-related occurrences. I expect it's possible for vaping/nicotine to exacerbate an existing problem, so this could be an early symptom of a developing issue.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
you know, i always find it strange vapers use this argument... it's scientific, sure, but it doesn't work to exclude vaping as a potential health risk. it actually defers even considering it. like cig companies do when they ask a cancer-ridden plaintiff, do you have lead paint or asbestos in your house... unlike a scientist, legislator or manufacturer, we should actually be vested in knowing if vaping can cause problems, not maintaining our ignorance whether it might.

(i'm sure you and most others that have used this argument actually care and would be very sensible in receiving negative results from a legitimate study_ just saying the argument goes against our interest and should only be used to counter unjustified legislation or uneducated, pseudo-scientific blabber... not a fellow vaper who is trying to rule out vaping as a cause to whatever problem they have [giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, that they are not a propagandist/antivape ~campaigner])
I'm not saying the symptoms aren't vape related but if the doctor ignores the smoking aspect and only concentrates on the vaping he's ignoring what could be a major factor. I just want OP to have every possible source checked out.

Reactions: virm

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
When I drove a racecar, I always noticed that my heart would beat fast and hard. I asked a car forum about the symptoms, and believe it or not, NOT ONE car forum member had ANY definitive medical advice! Crazy, huh? You would think a wrench monkey would have an MD at least.

C'mon! This is a forum of vapers. WebMD should net you some clue. As said, if you think you have a problem from vaping... Stop vaping.

Reactions: Falconeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread