Heart feels like it’s struggling to pump blood around the body after vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPilestone

Jan 21, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I’ve recently gone back on to my vape (same e-cig and vape juice as before w/ 6mg nicotine) and sometimes when I’m vaping I can feel my heart squeezing with a deep sensation like it’s struggling to pump blood. Also, I can sometimes get small little pains around my heart.

I’m probably just going to Jack the e-cig in for a while now but I would like to know what makes this happen.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I can feel my heart squeezing with a deep sensation like it’s struggling to pump blood
Hi and welcome,
How long have you smoked and how many per day?
What did your doctor(s) say when you mentioned these symptoms to her/them?

What other medications are you taking?

Cheers
I

Reactions: Falconeer

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
If I had a dollar for every time I went to the doctor and they couldn’t find what was wrong, I’d have a lot more vape money.

If you honestly believe vaping is causing this, quit vaping. I have not heard of any heart related issues caused by it yet. But also, keep telling your doctor, get a second, third and fourth opinion, and get to the bottom of it. Things don’t always show up, some doctors don’t know what they’re looking for, and some things can’t be detected unless they’re happening at the moment the doc is doing your exam.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
You really aren't going to get the answer you seek on here for two reasons

1) We aren't Medics
2) Vaping sites are being trawled for bad news/ fake health scares about vaping and no one here myself included will aid this.

You have already been given the best advice anyone can give - see a medic and keep going back til you get an answer.

If you personally believe vaping is the cause - then stop vaping.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
I'm not looking for medical advice... I'm asking if anyone else has this problem or if they know why the e-cig could be causing it...

hello. you're gonna catch a lot of this because we get alot of antivaping ppl just here to cause a panic. some just hit and run.

i guess you can feel something is in the heart, as in youre feeling diff or heavy pulsing, but pain etc how can you be sure it's the heart?
what doctor you went to?

i get chest pain when i dl too much or high power sometimes. so i take mtl breaks for a couple days. i guess heavy inhalation for a long period can tire tour heart? but first i heart of anything heartrelated. so doubr its vaping. regardless, my say is bully those conescending jerks called doctors.

btw since you've always been on/off with both logs and vaping.. why not give everything up? just curious, i mean most of us are/were nic/habit addicts here and we're esssentially fighting/adjusting our addiction for health reasons. sure we become hobbyiest sometimes. but idk, with everythting we know abt addiction now and how it starts gradually, i would avoid any potential dependency given the chance and prior knowledge.. wouldnt let my (hypothetical) kids anywhere near caffiene even for instance.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Could be a reaction to Pg, Vg, certain flavorings, most probably the nicotine ~ could be your body telling you, you don't need it anymore, or the Nic mg/ml is incorrect/more % than you think, might be a reaction to type of wire metallurgy,, most likely a mental thing like anxiety.

If you know it's caused by vaping, stop vaping, simple.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Could be a reaction to Pg, Vg, certain flavorings, most probably the nicotine ~ could be your body telling you, you don't need it anymore, or the Nic mg/ml is incorrect/more % than you think, might be a reaction to type of wire metallurgy,, most likely a mental thing like anxiety.

If you know it's caused by vaping, stop vaping, simple.

right! lot of ppl have allergies to a liquid ingredient or a metal in coils. and nic is a drug so it might effect the heart pumping... a doctor saying 'yeah it's vaping' isnt giving you the time of day and they dont know abt it.

you could ask for pg/vg nickel etc allergy tests
experiment yourself: no nic with 50vg, no nic 100vg, no nic 100pg, nic 50, nic 100vg, nic 100pg then with diff metal coils. you can look if there's any threads abt ppl who have managed to figure out their allergy and hiow they did it..

goodluck

Reactions: bsidb

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Ive got seven years of regular full blood test results, 5yrs prior to vaping while smoking and 2yrs while vaping and not smoking.
I recommend this. It helps to cut through the bs.
If I ever felt something like " my heart squeezing with a deep sensation like it’s struggling to pump blood. Also, I can sometimes get small little pains around my heart."
I would stop doing what I thought might cause that and get a full medical checkup inc full blood, urine and feces tests.
Are you over weight, diabetic, or use a lot of sugar, alcohol of fatty foods? Asthmatic? etc

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Hello Everyone,

I’ve recently gone back on to my vape (same e-cig and vape juice as before w/ 6mg nicotine) and sometimes when I’m vaping I can feel my heart squeezing with a deep sensation like it’s struggling to pump blood. Also, I can sometimes get small little pains around my heart.

I’m probably just going to Jack the e-cig in for a while now but I would like to know what makes this happen.

What flavor of juice are you using?

Reactions: virm

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Those were the exact same symptoms i had just before my heart attack. Turns out i had Angina along with PAD. A couple of stents soon put it right. Still have cold and tingly peripherals though ! ...
Oh, also - This was before i switched to vaping. 'Twas the fags wot did it ;)

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
If you're still smoking too how do you know it's not caused by the smoking? If the doctor said it's vaping not smoking I'd go to a different doctor.

you know, i always find it strange vapers use this argument... it's scientific, sure, but it doesn't work to exclude vaping as a potential health risk. it actually defers even considering it. like cig companies do when they ask a cancer-ridden plaintiff, do you have lead paint or asbestos in your house... unlike a scientist, legislator or manufacturer, we should actually be vested in knowing if vaping can cause problems, not maintaining our ignorance whether it might.

(i'm sure you and most others that have used this argument actually care and would be very sensible in receiving negative results from a legitimate study_ just saying the argument goes against our interest and should only be used to counter unjustified legislation or uneducated, pseudo-scientific blabber... not a fellow vaper who is trying to rule out vaping as a cause to whatever problem they have [giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, that they are not a propagandist/antivape ~campaigner])

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread