Heat treated k-100 Must See!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kr3wsk8er

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2014
SB/LA 808-213
After reading up on heat treating here on ecf last night, I decided to go for it on my k-100, and here are the results.
Supplies used, my kitchen stove, a old wire hanger.
I simply took off the parts that I wanted to treat, cleaned them, and applied flame from my stove. I am beyond happy with the results, and it sparked my curiosity to try with different parts for different times, and try different techniques.

CactusGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hey there! I came across this last week and was really impressed with your setup!! I have my igo w5 that I heat treated on top of my k100. I became excited and decided I would do the same. I started the process, and it was looking great for a while. And then a bunch of rank smoke poured from the 510 connector and I realized all the seals melted out, doh!! This made it so when I screwed on the atty or the battery, the 510 connection fell out; and so, mod was useless.
So...I've ordered a new k100, it came yesterday, and I'm determined to hear treat the center tube without ruining the 510 connection. Is there any way of removing the 510 connector? If not how did you treat yours without ruining the connector??? Cheers again on yours and any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
Hey there! I came across this last week and was really impressed with your setup!! I have my igo w5 that I heat treated on top of my k100. I became excited and decided I would do the same. I started the process, and it was looking great for a while. And then a bunch of rank smoke poured from the 510 connector and I realized all the seals melted out, doh!! This made it so when I screwed on the atty or the battery, the 510 connection fell out; and so, mod was useless.
So...I've ordered a new k100, it came yesterday, and I'm determined to hear treat the center tube without ruining the 510 connection. Is there any way of removing the 510 connector? If not how did you treat yours without ruining the connector??? Cheers again on yours and any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

You can pop off the cap that holds the 510 connection. Its press fit so the tube with 510 connection put a wooden dowel in it and tap on the dowel untill the cap pops out of the tube.

PatTheThird

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Lexington Park, Maryland, USA
I tried to get it to fit heating it up and cooling it at diff temp without success. I even tried to solder it in. I finally super glued it and called it good. Hey, at least it still works! Nothing ventured nothing gained. Check out my heat treated nemi/kraken with Zen drip tip. 0508140054a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread