The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Heather's Heavenly Vapes - Apple Butter Rum Cake

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Reviews' started by gordong11, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gordong11

gordong11 Super Member ECF Veteran

Note: I'm an independent Vaper and have ZERO connection to any vendor, nor desire to become connected to any vendor. Just here to help in what small way I can.

I'm a fan of Heather's juices in general, but once in a while you find something special that's not expected. Apple Butter Rum Cake was just this for me. I have tried butter Rum juices from other vendors which I didn't like, but whenever I see one for sale I have to try it anyway. In this case I'm glad I did. My order was for 15mg in 100% VG. I don't think this juice is 100% VG though, it states on her page that some PG may be needed for some base flavors. Also the juice is not very thick at all, in fact it's the thinnest 100% VG I have ever vaped by far. However it's made, it vapes great. The flavor is spot on, and the Rum flavor really comes through, but it's a mellow rum flavor, not spicy or zesty at all. Together the flavors mesh well, and I can recommend this vape for anyone.

The Vapor is great and far more than I expected being its a thinner juice, and the throat hit is just right (for my taste). I like a throat hit that is noticeable, but not too powerful or too weak. All in all this is one best vapes I have ever vaped. It has it all. The flavor is Rich and Complex yet does well as an all day'er, and after each vape I think "Wow this is a nice vape"

I have been vaping it on a Kicked Bolt @ 7.8w (approx) using a Cisco LR306 (2.0ohm), with a delrin drip shield and XL delrin driptip, but this juice does well in a Boge LR510 as well. I love my new Kick!!

Key:
    Flavor: 1: (Bleh) 5: (ok flavor, not rich or complex, close to accurate) 10: (Superb,highly complex, rich and accurate)
    Sweetness 1: (dry) 5: (mildly sweet) 10: (Dessert Vape only)
    Vapor 1: (thin, very little) 5: (ok, but on the thin side) 10: (Fog Machine, Dense, Boba's Bounty like)
    Throat hit: 1(none, silky) 5: (fair, but can use a bit more) 10: (Mack Truck stuck in my throat, coughing machine). I prefer an 8.

HHV's Apple Butter Rum Cake 15mg 100%VG:
    Flavor: 10 out of 10 (Superb, highly complex, rich and accurate)
    Sweetness: 7 out of 10 (lightly sweet)
    Vapor: 9 of 10 (tons of vapor, high quality)
    Throat Hit: 8 of 10 (just right for me, noticeable

Steeping is not needed, but it gets better even after a few days. Mine steeped a week.

This is one of those vapes that most people will enjoy IMHO. It has it all and is worth a try. Thanks for reading :)

Added: Juice Vendors I have Vaped (in no particular order), feel free to ask q's if new and/or looking to try:
    Johnson Creek + Red Oak
    Heather's Heavenly Vapes
    Alien Vision
    Ms T's
    Vaperite
    Virgin Vapor
    Rawr Vapor
    Copper Creek
    Alt Smoke
    Vapor God
    Halo
    Joogler Juice
    Backwoods Bew
    Vermillion River
    White Stag Vapor
    Vapor Shark (Local Vendor, but online too)
    Vapin' Place (now VaporBurst, Local Vendor)

2. EleanorR

EleanorR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Treasure Coast
    Thanks for the detailed review! I've been eyeing that juice myself for a while now . . . :)

3. gordong11

Thanks :) HHV seems to be doing great work, I can't get over how accurate this flavor is. I ordered a bunch of sample size flavors and every flavor I have vaped so far has been good. Their prices are outstanding too.

4. Jazzmom

Jazzmom Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2012
    New York
    Thanks for the review gordong. You said "feel free to ask questions" I have been going to order from HHV but I ordered the sample pack from Rawr and hate every one of them. Everyone seems to love Rawr. But to me they all taste like perfume

Does HHV have the same type of base as far as you can tell?

Thank you for your time.

5. gordong11

No Heather is completely different from Rawr and I think Heather is using a unique base. Nothing I have tried is similar to her vapes. Definitely not using Dekang!!! LOL. it's like comparing Apples and Oranges, Heather and Rawr are very different. Give Heather a try, and you too will be amazed at the quality of the vapes. I have tried, Tuscan Cocoa, Blueberry Muffin, Apple butter Rum Cake (ABRC), and Cinn Pear. I have 5 more flavors being delivered any day now. Of the four I bought and have tried ABRC and Blueberry Muffin (wow is this blueberry good) really stood out as being incredible. The Cocoa (nice) and Cinn Pear (very cinnamonny) were good but just a notch below the other two. Along with the 5 samples, I ordered 30ml of ABRC and Bluberry Muffin. Yummy vapes!!! Don't be afraid to order 100% VG if that's what you prefer.

I did like a couple from from Rawr vapor and a lot of people love them, so I'm not saying don't order from Rawr, just that I like Heather better in the juices I have tried. I also know Rawr is run very well, but their juices need steeping IMHO. My Favorite from Rawr was Hawaii Sunset, and was better after a week of steeping. Taste is subjective.

6. EleanorR

Feb 9, 2011
    Treasure Coast
    It's true that HHV juices are good right away, but I steep everything at least a couple of weeks, and strongly encourage my fellow vapers to do likewise! :) (Unless of course your juice came via slow boat from China . . . :D)

7. icucme2

icucme2 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2012
    Costa Mesa, ca
    How do u go about steeping?? Everyone does it a lil different. Just curious to know what works for u..

8. EleanorR

Feb 9, 2011
    Treasure Coast
    Hi, Ice! I answered your question over on either the Top 5 Vendors thread or the Natural Tobaccos thread (I forget which), right after Mr. Mann's response to same. :)

9. icucme2

icucme2 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2012
    Costa Mesa, ca
    Oh okay sorry. I ask everyone, and i guess i even ask some people twice haha

10. gordong11

I just shake, uncover and remove dropper insert and put in my medicine chest for 2 days, then I re-cover, shake and let it sit in my medicine chest for another.., well at least 5 days, but sometime I let it sit for weeks...shake, uncover overnight, re-cover once a week. sometimes I will uncover the bottle, and leave in the dropper insert if I am going to do an extended steep.

Hope this helped

11. EleanorR

Feb 9, 2011
    Treasure Coast
    No problem at all! I just didn't wish to derail the OP's review thread . . . I'm very good at going off-topic! :offtopic::laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.