Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
In case you didn't know Bronze, this weekend is calling for several tornadoes, high winds, large hail, and heavy rain. We have had our share of all of that, over and over. Texas has already had 4 tornadoes from this, with more to come. It is coming my way, and we will be in the heat of the day before the worst probably shows up. Kansas, Oklahoma and Nebraska will also see tornadoes. If I'm not mistaken we've had two dam failures already in my state, recently. This summer may be like last summer, severe drought in the land but plenty of water in the lakes. Who knows for sure!

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon.. The few things I needed to do are done... Temps around 90 so had to turn on the AC for the first time. And it's working thankfully.. Got a slab of precooked ribs at the store. So ribs, salad and a bottle of
St Bernardus.

24c770455178630e7f99c6d6bf54aab5.jpg

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Oil and filter change, lube the drive shaft U-joints, add a little coolant, siphon the power steering fluid reservoir and re-fill, air up the tires and move two living room book cases upstairs to where I do some work (utilizing my daughter's boyfriend for help). All in all a productive day and ice on the old back.

Like that commercial, "Look at me getting stuff done today".

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Happy weekend! Y'all are experiencing hotter weather than me today! Our high is supposed to be 80.

Not that I'm complaining. :)
It hit 72ish a couple days ago and I almost turned the air on. From 40's the day before. Back down to 40's yesterday.

Hear it all the time "it's a dry heat" in the SW. Is it a dry heat? Never understood that cause to me "hot is hot". If it was 80 here my air would be cranked.
dryheat.jpg

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Good Morning Army. We reach 90*F today. Time for Netflix, and Grilling.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

yup its Saturday... my turn to do the cooking... menu for the night...

French Onion soup... with Provolone cheese and a slab of french bread toast covered in the cheese floating on top of the soup :banana::banana:
Filet on the grill MedRare with pink peppercorn and fresh garlic ( roasted) and the tiniest touch of salt
Brussel Sprouts with a cream/lemon sauce ( Im gonna throw in a touch of dill into my sauce, wifey hates dill)

and for desert... Bananas Foster on top of Black Walnut Ice Cream.... with a shot of Chambord or Bumba XO rum ( havent decided yet) on the side....

and then FOOD COMA!!!! :)

and hopefully 8 hrs of sleep ;)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
It hit 72ish a couple days ago and I almost turned the air on. From 40's the day before. Back down to 40's yesterday.

Hear it all the time "it's a dry heat" in the SW. Is it a dry heat? Never understood that cause to me "hot is hot". If it was 80 here my air would be cranked.
View attachment 816045

come to New Orleans or Houston, then you will definately know what a dry heat is.... we have gills in NOLA... our summers are 97+F with 99% humidity, like walking into an iron mill or an oven :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Oil and filter change, lube the drive shaft U-joints, add a little coolant, siphon the power steering fluid reservoir and re-fill, air up the tires and move two living room book cases upstairs to where I do some work (utilizing my daughter's boyfriend for help). All in all a productive day and ice on the old back.

After reading that I grabbed an ice pack for my back! :?:

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Afternoon.. The few things I needed to do are done... Temps around 90 so had to turn on the AC for the first time. And it's working thankfully.. Got a slab of precooked ribs at the store. So ribs, salad and a bottle of
St Bernardus.

24c770455178630e7f99c6d6bf54aab5.jpg

is your system going to be able to handle the dietary change? ;)

no one down here carries the St. Bernardius :( I really want to try it too.... maybe I can get the guy at my favorite store to order it for me...

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
come to New Orleans or Houston, then you will definately know what a dry heat is.... we have gills in NOLA... our summers are 97+F with 99% humidity, like walking into an iron mill or an oven :)

Even back in Pennsylvania the humidity was terrible. Nothing like what you have. But not something I miss. Even after enduring four “dry heat” summers here in Vegas, I still prefer it over humid summers back in PA. :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.

see... daughters boyfriends can be good for something... ;)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
yup its Saturday... my turn to do the cooking... menu for the night...

French Onion soup... with Provolone cheese and a slab of french bread toast covered in the cheese floating on top of the soup :banana::banana:
Filet on the grill MedRare with pink peppercorn and fresh garlic ( roasted) and the tiniest touch of salt
Brussel Sprouts with a cream/lemon sauce ( Im gonna throw in a touch of dill into my sauce, wifey hates dill)

and for desert... Bananas Foster on top of Black Walnut Ice Cream.... with a shot of Chambord or Bumba XO rum ( havent decided yet) on the side....

and then FOOD COMA!!!! :)

and hopefully 8 hrs of sleep ;)

I’m drooling! Dang, that sounds amazing. But why would you add dill? Poor Mrs BK! :D

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Even back in Pennsylvania the humidity was terrible. Nothing like what you have. But not something I miss. Even after enduring four “dry heat” summers here in Vegas, I still prefer it over humid summers back in PA. :)

Salt Lake City also has the dry winters too... went to visit the mom and suffered from serious nose bleeds since the air was way too dry for the 2 weeks I was there...

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I used go to NOLA and Houston (actually all over the USA) a lot when I was repairing comp systems. I remember that "heat". Step out of the AC and the THICK of it all b*tch slaps you pronto.
The high dew point + high humidity + high temp = thick soup.

BTW your dinner tonight sounds awesome.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I used go to NOLA and Houston (actually all over the USA) a lot when I was repairing comp systems. I remember that "heat". Step out of the AC and the THICK of it all b*tch slaps you pronto.
The high dew point + high humidity + high temp = thick soup.

BTW your dinner tonight sounds awesome.

ahhh... soo you have experienced our lovely summer time ;)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I’m drooling! Dang, that sounds amazing. But why would you add dill? Poor Mrs BK! :D

Im making a portion of the sauce on the side for dill.... Im not going to make the wifey eat dill ;) but at least she should try it... thats what she tells me to do when she makes something "new"...
she tells me " just try it " its good... o_O sounds like she was experimenting and needs confirmation on the "safeness" of it :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Salt Lake City also has the dry winters too... went to visit the mom and suffered from serious nose bleeds since the air was way too dry for the 2 weeks I was there...

Yep. Nosebleeds are still a thing for me here. I was hoping it would stop when I was fully acclimated. Doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Im making a portion of the sauce on the side for dill.... Im not going to make the wifey eat dill ;) but at least she should try it... thats what she tells me to do when she makes something "new"...
she tells me " just try it " its good... o_O sounds like she was experimenting and needs confirmation on the "safeness" of it :)

Awww. Now that’s just sweet! I knew you wouldn’t be mean enough to her to put in dill when she hates it. There’s no hiding dill either. Even a little bit is detectable.

I haven’t tried Brussel sprouts with lemon, cream and dill. I’m hooked on lemon and Parmesan on them. Haven’t ventured far from that winning combo!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread