Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
is your system going to be able to handle the dietary change? ;)

no one down here carries the St. Bernardius :( I really want to try it too.... maybe I can get the guy at my favorite store to order it for me...

Yup no problem. Hope you can find St. Bernardus. It's priced the same as Chimay. Which I have two of in the frig along with my Leffe…

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Another couple of tornadoes. Rotation in different areas nearby. Sirens going off where my daughter lives. Funnel clouds spotted and some type of wall storm. It was rough going for a little over an hour. People are without power again, and it is hot and humid. Luckily I have power for now, although it did blink a few times. Luckily the worst did not hit here, but it was bad enough I shut the computer down and was listening to live reports on the weather radio. We aren't through yet, but hopefully that was the worst of it. They extended the tornado watch a few more hours.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
come to New Orleans or Houston, then you will definately know what a dry heat is.... we have gills in NOLA... our summers are 97+F with 99% humidity, like walking into an iron mill or an oven :)
Carolinas. What^^^ said. It could be in the 60s with high humidity and be uncomfortable.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Went to neighbor girl’s dance recital. My little baby girl isn’t a baby girl anymore. :(

These girls are made of rubber and springs. If I tried doing the stuff they did I’d snap my spinal column in two and pop a nut.

Driving thru the country I noticed more tobacco field than I have seen in a long time.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Went to neighbor girl’s dance recital. My little baby girl isn’t a baby girl anymore. :(

These girls are made of rubber and springs. If I tried doing the stuff they did I’d snap my spinal column in two and pop a nut.

Driving thru the country I noticed more tobacco field than I have seen in a long time.

How nice that you went! You hadn’t mentioned her in a long while. I was recently wondering if she was still your neighbor and trying to think how old she is by now. I’m glad she’s not too old now to still be your buddy.

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Even back in Pennsylvania the humidity was terrible. Nothing like what you have. But not something I miss. Even after enduring four “dry heat” summers here in Vegas, I still prefer it over humid summers back in PA. :)
I had the best hair EVER when I visited Vegas. I can make it look decent here, until I step outside.. POOF. :lol:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
How nice that you went! You hadn’t mentioned her in a long while. I was recently wondering if she was still your neighbor and trying to think how old she is by now. I’m glad she’s not too old now to still be your buddy.
Oh yeah, she's still around. But she's 14 now and they keep her busy, busy, busy. She's always doing something and hangin' around an old fart gets low priority. If I want to see her I pretty much have to go to where she's doing something or wait for mom to run out of sugar or eggs.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Had a lost horse a few months back. Last year some guy was shooting off a cannon.

Takes all kinds.

Every year here, farmers shoot propane cannons off at irregular intervals to keep birds and deer out of the fields. The uptown city crews who moved in to give us some urban sophistication want to have a "noise ordinance" because it disturbs the tranquility of their new found home. They also object to tractors, tobacco wagons and other implements on the highways and single lane rural roads, going slow and pulling over is tough on a Beemer. They are all for the rural life so long as we do it in a way that will meet their needs.

The county commissioners, so far, have resisted the urge to roll over and give up. These are used for a few weeks late spring; it beats shooting the birds and deer, digging a hole, covering up the animals and then remaining silent.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Every year here, farmers shoot propane cannons off at irregular intervals to keep birds and deer out of the fields. The uptown city crews who moved in to give us some urban sophistication want to have a "noise ordinance" because it disturbs the tranquility of their new found home. They also object to tractors, tobacco wagons and other implements on the highways and single lane rural roads, going slow and pulling over is tough on a Beemer. They are all for the rural life so long as we do it in a way that will meet their needs.

The county commissioners, so far, have resisted the urge to roll over and give up. These are used for a few weeks late spring; it beats shooting the birds and deer, digging a hole, covering up the animals and then remaining silent.
And then if you shoot the animals they'll call the authorities on you.

Like these nuts who cry about climate change but then complain about windmills conking birds in the head.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
And then if you shoot the animals they'll call the authorities on you.

Like these nuts who cry about climate change but then complain about windmills conking birds in the head.

Funny and agree, two thumbs up. Solar farms are cooking birds but who cares?. Have you seen the wind and solar farms? What a @#$##@%. We have some solar farms near by, wind farms to the Northwest in Indiana. I don't think that I am ready to rely on these subsidized alternatives.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Funny and agree, two thumbs up. Solar farms are cooking birds but who cares?. Have you seen the wind and solar farms? What a @#$##@%. We have some solar farms near by, wind farms to the Northwest in Indiana. I don't think that I am ready to rely on these subsidized alternatives.
Last time I went "home" I drove by those windmills in Indiana. If I were to look closer I'm sure I'd see the piles of birds laying underneath them.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
BK you are about to get a nasty looking little storm. It probably stemmed from what we had earlier at some point. Our weather is clear right now, and the sun just came out. I stayed up late last night, just in case another storm moved in. It seems they do that more frequently late at night when people are still sleeping.

I have been watching the Oroville Dam levels. They got some heavy rain last night. Some people aren't chancing it, and have already left. The snow melt hasn't come on them yet, and rain is in the picture for the next few days.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
well... so much for getting 8+ hrs of sleep, a couple of cats decided to have a hissing contest which then turned into a full blown fight... o_O

why do they always choose to do it just outside the window to the bedroom?

What good is a Show if it has no audience? It’s a tree that falls in the forest with no one to hear it and it makes no sound. Cats are very philosophical. :)

Users who are viewing this thread