Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Gonna try to make some English Toffie :)
got all the goodies lined up, butter softened, sugar dampened, nuts ground up, and the double boiler set up for the chocolate dip...

hardest part will be standing for 1/2 hr while cooking the toffie :)
but first, a nap ;)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Chilling in Clayton NC. Visiting Mom, a hospice nurse came by. Mom had a tube put in since her cancer is causing blockage, making going to the bathroom difficult. I really don't need to be there for her nurse's visit or evaluation of that, so sitting at a local deli for lunch.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
welll... got the toffie made, turned out pretty good too :)
made 2 batches, one "plain" and the other, chocolate dipped. Still waiting on the chocolate dipped to go solid before I put it in Tupperware...

and I was right about the standing part... my left hip is screaming and my right shoulder is very unhappy, but in about 1/2 hr things will be more quiet ;)

anyway... I think the toffie goodness was worth the "effort"

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Hey all! I’m having an annoying day of Mac system updates. I haven’t done updates in too long. Turns out my iMac and two MacBook Airs are too old for the latest version released 3 days ago or the one before.

Meh. As long as they work, I’m happy. All of them are from mid-2011. It’s lovely that they still work. But “planned obsolescence” still finds a way to get you.

I’m still smiling. But I think I need to go make some cookies. BK’s toffee making made me crave something sweet. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So I forgot that the pistachio cardamom cookie batter has to sit in the fridge for an hour before I can slice and bake. Maybe the sweet tooth craving will be gone by then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nah. Prolly not. :D
I’m craving for your cookies or BKs toffee.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Hi yuh Arm! Nice crisp morning here. Feels good. :)

I agree, I started back with the chain saw yesterday and will be going out again today. I'll be doing my first pulling with the hitch that I put on a while back. My back is sore today from lack of activity when we were in the nineties but it is a "good" sore.
Cant Hook with a log stand, great tool for an old guy.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Hey all! I’m having an annoying day of Mac system updates. I haven’t done updates in too long. Turns out my iMac and two MacBook Airs are too old for the latest version released 3 days ago or the one before.

Meh. As long as they work, I’m happy. All of them are from mid-2011. It’s lovely that they still work. But “planned obsolescence” still finds a way to get you.

I’m still smiling. But I think I need to go make some cookies. BK’s toffee making made me crave something sweet. :)
Eh , you can always give Apple the middle finger and come to the dark side . :pervy: It takes me about 3-4 minutes to download and implement 1.5 to 2 gigs of updates start to finish on My Manjaro installation . Never a hitch with it .

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Eh , you can always give Apple the middle finger and come to the dark side . :pervy: It takes me about 3-4 minutes to download and implement 1.5 to 2 gigs of updates start to finish on My Manjaro installation . Never a hitch with it .

And I bow to your superior wisdom, sensei. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
best tool for an old guy is a hand pump that is attached to the
Fountain Of Youth ;)

Meh, youth is overrated. I wouldn’t want to be part of that group. Now, if that Fountain had a dial setting like in Back To The Future, I might be willing to rewind to my early 40’s and hang out there for a bit. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread