Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
And I bow to your superior wisdom, sensei. :)
Huh , an Irish temper and lack of patience has far more to do with it than wisdom . And yeah , Apples good for that crap of not making their OS backwardsly compatible and trying to force you in to buying a new machine , damd shame .

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Huh , an Irish temper and lack of patience has far more to do with it than wisdom . And yeah , Apples good for that crap of not making their OS backwardsly compatible and trying to force you in to buying a new machine , damd shame .

It is a shame. Their devices are not cheap. I've gotten 8+ yrs (so far) from them, so there is that. I have an old iPod touch that couldn't be updated for several years now. As long as it's plugged in, it plays my music, which is all I need from it.

PC's are less expensive, but in my experience don't last as long. And Windoze has always gone for extensive backward compatibility -- but it's a bogged down manure pile as a result.

I couldn't buy new devices anyway, but I really don't want to. I just need to get my work done. :)

I have a Germanic temper that's muted thanks to patience earned by necessity. I hear ya!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
It is a shame. Their devices are not cheap. I've gotten 8+ yrs (so far) from them, so there is that. I have an old iPod touch that couldn't be updated for several years now. As long as it's plugged in, it plays my music, which is all I need from it.

PC's are less expensive, but in my experience don't last as long. And Windoze has always gone for extensive backward compatibility -- but it's a bogged down manure pile as a result.

I couldn't buy new devices anyway, but I really don't want to. I just need to get my work done. :)

I have a Germanic temper that's muted thanks to patience earned by necessity. I hear ya!
Manjaro has incorporated and they're working on an enterprise version , it will be a static distribution based on Arch Linux and focused on stability , regular Manjaro rolls and is bleeding edge but it's remained rock solid for three years for me . The enterprise version should be interesting for those people that have need of the utmost in stability . Don't know which desktop environments they're going to use yet but it could be interesting to beta test when it comes out .

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Finally got some good news.. the Financial Aid has been granted and I have a lab tests appointment on monday. :banana:

Ohmygosh that is WONDERFUL !!!

Irish temper...German temper...I have both - with a side of Capricorn.
And I'm a red head to boot.

:lol:

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
So I forgot that the pistachio cardamom cookie batter has to sit in the fridge for an hour before I can slice and bake. Maybe the sweet tooth craving will be gone by then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nah. Prolly not. :D
Pistachio cardamom cookies? Oh my lord I’ve gained ten pounds reading this thread tonight. I can be a taste tester. :w00t:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Anywhere close to getting that done?

about 30% complete... need to get ALL of the Drs records together and summaries of what Im up against. If I get this done in entirety, I can use this for Disability application too.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Did you get a dog???? ;)

Wish I had the time for one...(or two)..;)

Cardigan-Welsh-Corgi-9.jpg

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
about 30% complete... need to get ALL of the Drs records together and summaries of what Im up against. If I get this done in entirety, I can use this for Disability application too.

Um, if you get awarded SSI Disability, doesn't that automatically get you Medicare (rather than Medicaid)??

Users who are viewing this thread