Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Been looking at head sets ( headphones/microphone combos) to upgrade my present puter... avg low end price is 30$, medium priced units go for 60$, and the next level up is 120$... and then there are the extremes at 300$+ :shock: I guess someone will buy them, wont be me :confused:. I figured 45-60$ is about too much to spend on an item like this but would if they had all the right goodies included. Never thought a set of headphones could be capable of Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound, but they have them, theres like 4 individual speakers in each side of the headphone cup to accomplish it :blink: only issue I see so far is that the game/software its self has to have the capacity to play back sound in 7.1 for the headphones to work correctly...

thought it was raining at first but then realized its the wind blowing thru here at 30+mph and the temps have dropped 35+ degrees... gonna be a chilly day to deal with.
Got my "2nd run at another first chance" of chemo today, scheduled for 8am - 3pm... not looking forward to 7 hrs of sitting there freezing to death, and I plan on bringing a jacket too. Last time, between the lack of pain meds and having ice cold fluids dumped into my system made for an unpleasant visit, hopefully I dont have "that nurse" again today :eek:. And, I will be bringing a 10ml bottle of DF to keep me "happy" during that session ( gonna do the Lic-A-Nic thingie ;) ).

Was trying to decide on what to use to mount the Soundbar to the wall above the monitor with and standard "L" brackets ( shelf brackets) look too industrial... I finally decided on some rather nice looking wall mount plant hangers ;) and they are only like a dollar or 2 more than the industrial types :thumbs:

While I was messing around with the Soundbar, I noticed that it has an output jack for a sub woofer, and I just happen to have a left over Sub unit from the blue smart car... I just wonder :evil: BHUHAHAhahahahhaaaa!!! The Sub unit is a dual 10" speaker set in a box with a built in 2000W amp and a 5 Farad capacitor ( for that extra thump)... wonder where I can get a 13.8Vdc power supply that can provide 2500W of power ;) lol, I would need a 120Vac wall supply at 20A to really run that amp at full capacity :shock: ... wonder how many PC power supplies I would have to run in parallel ;) to do it.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
A guy who lives down the road from me has one of those Echo back packs. I have watched him and that thing looks so powerful, leaves are going 25 feet away from where he is standing. He loves it. If a hand held was that powerful the engine would blow your hands behind your back. I put a thumbs up if you can find one for the price that makes sense to you. I am like you, it would be used so few times it is tough to justify, seeing as how I have a two year old Stihl hand held. If I had thought it through, I would have done what you are doing.

this is what you REALLY need... :)

leafblower.jpg

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I won the ebay auction for the superblower...by 5 cents! LOL!!

A word to the wise if you’re doing online bidding. Never bid an even dollar amount. Always make it a few cents more because if someone bids the exact same amount before you then they win a tie. And most people bid an exact dollar amount. By adding a nickel, I beat the other guy out. Bet he learned a lesson tonight. :)

The superblower should be here on Friday. Just in time for the next layer of leaves.

I hope you like that thing, let us know. What brand is it?

Two inches of snow here!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Been looking at head sets ( headphones/microphone combos) to upgrade my present puter... avg low end price is 30$, medium priced units go for 60$, and the next level up is 120$... and then there are the extremes at 300$+ :shock: I guess someone will buy them, wont be me :confused:. I figured 45-60$ is about too much to spend on an item like this but would if they had all the right goodies included. Never thought a set of headphones could be capable of Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound, but they have them, theres like 4 individual speakers in each side of the headphone cup to accomplish it :blink: only issue I see so far is that the game/software its self has to have the capacity to play back sound in 7.1 for the headphones to work correctly...

thought it was raining at first but then realized its the wind blowing thru here at 30+mph and the temps have dropped 35+ degrees... gonna be a chilly day to deal with.
Got my "2nd run at another first chance" of chemo today, scheduled for 8am - 3pm... not looking forward to 7 hrs of sitting there freezing to death, and I plan on bringing a jacket too. Last time, between the lack of pain meds and having ice cold fluids dumped into my system made for an unpleasant visit, hopefully I dont have "that nurse" again today :eek:. And, I will be bringing a 10ml bottle of DF to keep me "happy" during that session ( gonna do the Lic-A-Nic thingie ;) ).

Was trying to decide on what to use to mount the Soundbar to the wall above the monitor with and standard "L" brackets ( shelf brackets) look too industrial... I finally decided on some rather nice looking wall mount plant hangers ;) and they are only like a dollar or 2 more than the industrial types :thumbs:

While I was messing around with the Soundbar, I noticed that it has an output jack for a sub woofer, and I just happen to have a left over Sub unit from the blue smart car... I just wonder :evil: BHUHAHAhahahahhaaaa!!! The Sub unit is a dual 10" speaker set in a box with a built in 2000W amp and a 5 Farad capacitor ( for that extra thump)... wonder where I can get a 13.8Vdc power supply that can provide 2500W of power ;) lol, I would need a 120Vac wall supply at 20A to really run that amp at full capacity :shock: ... wonder how many PC power supplies I would have to run in parallel ;) to do it.
Those headphones should support 5.1 if the software does.

I hope you like that thing, let us know. What brand is it?

Two inches of snow here!
It's an Echo PB-755. Echo is probably the best brand behind Stihl. Then Husqvarna. Then a bunch of other brands behind that.

th

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Happy Veterans Day...

hello everyone.
BK I’m trying to keep up with you. Sounds like things are still up and down pain wise, a little more controlled? I think about you and your wife often and pray for some comfort and ease in your day to day life.
I went to Florida to visit my dad and cousin, came back and am working pretty much non stop. I signed up for extra today but they didn’t need me. Just trying to stay busy. My surgery is Friday. This one involves an overnight in the hospital which I do NOT want to do, so hoping I can somehow get out of that. Going to get some yard work done today, have my house cleaner coming Friday while I’m in surgery so everything will be spiffy when I return. It’s looking like I will need radiation after surgery, won’t know for sure till surgical path report comes back. But I’ve wrapped my head around that and I am at ease about it.
Have a great week!

Keeping you in my prayers! I admire all that planning ahead you’re doing. I hope your week passes well and without anxiety. It’s a lot to face but you are strong!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
It got colder than they said here. They dropped the forecast for tonight by a couple more degrees. The real feel will be in the teens again. At least the wind isn't as bad as last night. 11pm the power went out, no flickering, just out. Then thankfully it came back on. When it went out, you could hear the transformer arcing. This was when a big gust of wind blew, and it was way more than 30 mph. I was happy the power stayed on after that through the night. The wind was pushing cold air into the cracks in my house. Tonight will be worse. My heater can't keep up with this cold at all. So I did a little more weatherizing today. It was brutal last night. I covered my plants, but wow, that wind was pulling the covers off. I had to reposition and place more weights on it to hold it down. I hope my plants live through it. I didn't take the cover off today. I will wait until tomorrow, once it warms up some, and definitely above freezing. That may be in mid afternoon.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It got colder than they said here. They dropped the forecast for tonight by a couple more degrees. The real feel will be in the teens again. At least the wind isn't as bad as last night. 11pm the power went out, no flickering, just out. Then thankfully it came back on. When it went out, you could hear the transformer arcing. This was when a big gust of wind blew, and it was way more than 30 mph. I was happy the power stayed on after that through the night. The wind was pushing cold air into the cracks in my house. Tonight will be worse. My heater can't keep up with this cold at all. So I did a little more weatherizing today. It was brutal last night. I covered my plants, but wow, that wind was pulling the covers off. I had to reposition and place more weights on it to hold it down. I hope my plants live through it. I didn't take the cover off today. I will wait until tomorrow, once it warms up some, and definitely above freezing. That may be in mid afternoon.
Gettin' down to the 20's here tonight.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Hey All... Im still kicking :)
full day today, but it wasnt too hectic. Left the house about 7:30am, go home about 5ish pm. got alot of info into the hands of the right people :)
Also got my trackball in the mail and installed the unit... very nice unit if you are used to trackballs. Took several minutes of playing around to redevelope the muscle memory in the hand tho. Once the trackball is charged up, it is considered wireless :thumbs:....
Anyway, Im off to find the tech sheet fo rit since it didnt come with the info I want/need...

BBL :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
info found, buttons/wheels identified, this trackball is just pure awesome stuff, need to find a way to reduce the "sensitivity/speed" of the arrow. There is a button that makes the arrow go into slow motion mode... very nice for those got to get it on the item the first time, but it is way too time consuming for "all the time usage", takes about 30 rolls of the trackball to go from one side of the screen to the other.
The normal mode will shoot the arrow across the screen in 1 ball roll ( fast but not accurate and moves the arrow ( cursor) so fast the arrow gets "lost" amid the text ect.)
The bottom plate of the trackball is metal and pivots 20 degrees left/right to throw the whole unit up and down along the center line ( heel of palm to the middle finger joint) basically it allows the thumb to rest at a higher or lower rest point and is locked into place by magnets. It also seems to have a 1,2 button that will send the cursor ( arrow) to a second monitor :thumb:. there is one more set of buttons that when working with the internet will send you to the previous pages and back again to the most recient page you were viewing :)

I am also adding a few more accent lite strips ( blue led lite strips) under the seat cushion for floor effect lighting :thumbs: yup, making it all spiffy ;) gonna need to make a specific power source to power the strips since the additional strips require 12VDC and the existing lites in the back rest run off of 4 AA batteries ( 6.5VDC ) a computer power supply is looking better all the time since they output 12Vdc, 5.5Vdc and 3.? Vdc.... covers all my needs :thumb: the 12Vdc will work with the add-on strips, the 5.5 can work with the back rest lighting, and if I need 3.? Vdc, it will be available too ... And of course, I will build some type of voltage control to dim/brighten the lites for that extra "Spiffyness factor :p

Last edited:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
All I use are trackballs. Love them.

We broke record cold today for the high temperature being so low. We were only a degree off I think he said for a 100 year record. Well tonight it looks like we will tie or break the record low for the morning. Cold as it is, it still isn't as cold to me as last night was with all that wind. Yesterday I got the heat up to 69 before the cold front. It dropped to 60 in the house. Tonight I started at 62 inside, and it is 59 in here. So less wind, and my little weatherizing helped a tad. It is averaging 23-25 deg right now in my area. Still a long way to go before sunlight in the morning. Then they added another super cold unusual evening on us. Tomorrow night chance of rain, when it was supposed to not be until Thursday. You know that made my day. Even the weather guy said it was Jan-Feb weather we are experiencing. At least it will be a little warmer in the day tomorrow. At least that is what they said TODAY. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread