Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
We had the same thing happen about 3 years ago. We were able to purchase another box of the same size and same openings for the pipes. We did the work ourselves.
Yeah, hiring someone hasn’t even entered my mind. It rarely does. Two of the four pipes come in at an angle. That’s a no no. I’m probably gonna buy an injection molded box. I’ll have some pipe/fitting work to do. Oh well. The digging is what I hate. It’s all rock, roots, and red clay.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, hiring someone hasn’t even entered my mind. It rarely does. Two of the four pipes come in at an angle. That’s a no no. I’m probably gonna buy an injection molded box. I’ll have some pipe/fitting work to do. Oh well. The digging is what I hate. It’s all rock, roots, and red clay.
    Yeah, that’s not much fun.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.

is renting a mini back hoe a feesable option?

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    amid the ooddles of stuff Ive been sifting thru, I found a roll of blue led strip lites... so I got creative and ran a border of lites around the back of my monitor, put in a switch and power supply and WALA!!! I now have a backlit monitor that glows blue on the wall behind it... looks pretty kewl...
    between the chair and the monitor all lit up blue, and the computer with its RGB lighting ( when it gets here), its gonna be fun just sitting at the desk :)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY

Here is hoping that this process will be document in the "How to fix stuff" thread. I think that it would be interesting and informative, General.

• Agree
    Reactions: LAwaters

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Here is hoping that this process will be document in the "How to fix stuff" thread. I think that it would be interesting and informative, General.
    They'll all be different so there's not really a good way to post a fix. But, it might be worthy to post how to find a distribution box (beyond buying a leaf blower). That aint easy either.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    What I find scary is many septic tanks and D-Boxes are buried underground. Some way underground. These places are relegated to poking a steel rod in the ground all over the place in hopes of finding it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    is renting a mini back hoe a feesable option?
    Not really. We're talking about a small area so back hoes would be overkill. Plus I'd be digging around pipes which requires more TLC than a backhoe can provide.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    What I find scary is many septic tanks and D-Boxes are buried underground. Some way underground. These places are relegated to poking a steel rod in the ground all over the place in hopes of finding it.

My septic maintenance guy had a heck of a time finding the tank cover the first time. After he did, he mapped it out, along with the whole system including the drain field. I left that map with the new owners. I also had every user guide for every appliance including the new garage door system. The wife was so happy when she saw all of that. I wished I could communicate to them all the little quirks of the place to help them along. But that just isn’t done I guess.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    My septic maintenance guy had a heck of a time finding the tank cover the first time. After he did, he mapped it out, along with the whole system including the drain field. I left that map with the new owners. I also had every user guide for every appliance including the new garage door system. The wife was so happy when she saw all of that. I wished I could communicate to them all the little quirks of the place to help them along. But that just isn’t done I guess.
    Ha! I do the same when I move from a house. I wish I had a map of my septic system. I would have known about the D-box and would have inspected it earlier. It came as a complete surprise when I saw it. I'll be marking that spot.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    been messing around with the new attys ( Falcons) and dont know if its the shear efficiency of the atty or my temporary sensitivity to vaping, but I had to cut my DF 24 nic 2X flavor shot juice down to 12nic "single" flavor by adding VG to the juice ( made it 50% strength) to make it tolerable ( the 24 nic was just a bit too much and got too peppery)... even at this reduced strength the juice is awesome... I guess I need to test the juice ( my normal order) in another atty to compare the differences to see if it is the atty or my sensitivity. Guess Ill clean up my RSST and test it with that... ;)
    all this time Ive been doing 36nic 2X flavor shot on all my juice orders and now Im down to 12nic normal flavor levels... :rolleyes:
    I guess Im having a hard time believing that an atty design could make that much of a difference in flavor and nic delivery... :blink:

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I added a third option for my D-Box. Build my own with solid concrete block. Cheap as hell and could wind up being the easiest option. Always nice to have time to evaluate options. Doesn’t happen often when something breaks on you.
    Does every septic system have this D box? I know exactly where my septic system lid is. When it doesn’t rain the grass browns over it and I have this brown rectangle place in my backyard. But I’ve never heard of a D box.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    the property I had in LaCombe had a septic system and didnt have a "D box"... main line ran from the house to the round tank and then a single line ran into the drain field where it had 3 "Y" junctions... basically the drain field was triangular in shape.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Does every septic system have this D box? I know exactly where my septic system lid is. When it doesn’t rain the grass browns over it and I have this brown rectangle place in my backyard. But I’ve never heard of a D box.
    Not sure but I think so. One pipe runs out of the septic tank and into the distribution box.At least 4 pipes run out of that making up the leach field

Users who are viewing this thread