Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Hey Arm! Painting shutters and door. Liking this new color.

What color?
I will be putting handles on the barn door project preparing to move it from the assembling place to the its final resting place, not a small project. When it is in place I am staining with Australian Timber Oil. It is looking good.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
What color?
I will be putting handles on the barn door project preparing to move it from the assembling place to the its final resting place, not a small project. When it is in place I am staining with Australian Timber Oil. It is looking good.
I thought this was a galvanized door??

I'm painting my shutters a deep, forest green. It's green, make no mistake but it's heavy on the blue so it's deep n dark. Goes well with the medium/light green/taupe siding.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I thought this was a galvanized door??

I'm painting my shutters a deep, forest green. It's green, make no mistake but it's heavy on the blue so it's deep n dark. Goes well with the medium/light green/taupe siding.

It sounds good, your house is a very inviting home.
worthless.gif

The door is total wood construction, braces and all then screws and glue. The hanging apparatus is all galvanized, rail, hanger and rollers. I will be washing all of that with vinegar and then painting it black. I am really jazzed about this, I think it will look good with black hardware and Australian Oil stain which I would call Oak, deep tan or golden tan - sort of like the Hawaiian Tan girl back before political correctness. [Wooo Hooo] This may be another two weeks depending on weather.

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Based on anecdotal evidence from this thread, men are tending to cope with the pandemic via home painting projects.

Well done, gents. The colors sound lovely. Even David’s walls. Doesn’t have to be brilliant colors to be beautiful. :thumb:

We will have to study this for eighteen or twenty-four months to know if the conclusions are valid and reliable. WARNING:
TAKE NO ACTION BASED UPON THIS ANECDOTAL INFORMATION.

Reactions: Bronze

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
We will have to study this for eighteen or twenty-four months to know if the conclusions are valid and reliable. WARNING:
TAKE NO ACTION BASED UPON THIS ANECDOTAL INFORMATION.

That’s right! Anecdotes are only instantly valid when applied to teen vaping epidemics.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
I dont understand how food companies can make, package, sell some of the stuff they do... the wifey bought some "Hot Pockets" on a wim... theyve been in the freezer for about a month now so I decoided to try one... I nuked it for the time suggested, still cold on the outside... put it in for another 45 seconds... it warmed up enuf to let the steam out... and let it finish off the last 7 seconds on the clock...
I pulled it out of the MWO and decided to open it up to see what I was getting ready to eat... :cry: first off... you could smell the salt... inside was about 14 pieces of "ham" about 1/2 the size of a dice... smeared around the inside was what looked like a Velveeta type of "cheese" mixed with a tad bit of cream of chiken soup concentrate. the dough was raw/wet/gooey on the inside, the outside cooked to a nice white pasty color o_O... it was about 25% filled considering the total volume of the item. the rest was 75% air... total filling ( "ham" and cheese) may have been about 3 tablespoons worth. As far as the ham goes, its that pressed and glued together stuff that wouldnt even qualify for some type of canned meat kinda looks like bleached out Spam, as I sed, the cheese is some type of velveeta with cream of chicken soup, the crust... ummm .. lets seeee.. its textured like pizza dough but tastes like a really thick undercooked Saltine cracker, very chewy/sticky...
I really hate wasting food, but Im not going to eat this... actually, throwing this away isnt wasting food, its got to qualify as food first... its a shame the wifey wasted money on this and the box is taking up valuable space in the freezer... ohhh and BTW, this thing is super salty too... I got 1 small taste of it and thats all I needed to make a decision that this stuff is just a waste...o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
That’s right! Anecdotes are only instantly valid when applied to teen vaping epidemics.

If I remember correctly (relying strongly on that conditional "if") the word "anecdote is Latin for "I can't refute what you say so I'll use a big word and hope this all goes away".

Example: Hydroxycloroquine

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
If I remember correctly (relying strongly on that conditional "if") the word "anecdote is Latin for "I can't refute what you say so I'll use a big word and hope this all goes away".

Example: Hydroxycloroquine

thats one hellofa molecule... sounds dangerous... a combo of hydrogen and oxygen ( very explosive...) and chlorine (and yet another toxic atom) and quine... thats definately got to do something with horses..
I guess they produce this chemical by having horses swim in highly chloronated pools heated by rocket engines. :lol:

• Agree
Reactions: CMD-Ky

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It sounds good, your house is a very inviting home.
View attachment 887423

The door is total wood construction, braces and all then screws and glue. The hanging apparatus is all galvanized, rail, hanger and rollers. I will be washing all of that with vinegar and then painting it black. I am really jazzed about this, I think it will look good with black hardware and Australian Oil stain which I would call Oak, deep tan or golden tan - sort of like the Hawaiian Tan girl back before political correctness. [Wooo Hooo] This may be another two weeks depending on weather.
That’ll look nice!

We’re playing Jeopardy!

A: What are things we learned in kindergarten?

Did I win? Is there a prize? :D
No because I’ll bet more than half the adults didn’t know that. They think Iowa has mountains and an ocean view. How would they know what makes green? :)

Wifey's operation done, went well. I'll post more when I get home from work in about 3 hours.
Awesome news DD.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Well-no new information yet,wifey says this doctor makes his rounds at night-so nothing new until then

I’m so glad her surgery went well. Now for her to get back home and start healing. Sending hugs and prayers for both of you.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
No because I’ll bet more than half the adults didn’t know that. They think Iowa has mountains and an ocean view. How would they know what makes green? :)

Hey! More than half the adults didn’t hit the buzzer and give the correct answer. I did that.

No fair. Just cause more than half the adults can’t remember what they learned in kindergarten. Hmph!

:p

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
alright... time for me to throw some water on the glowing embers of green... ;)

blue and yellow combine in such a manner that normal visioned people "see" green, since there is no 532nM wavelengths of energy present in just the presence of blue and yellow light, there is no actual green there its just a blue spike and a yellow spike, and its just our mind and the eyes capacity to take the different wavelengths and "confuse" them into a different color. And those of us who are color blind lack the cones/rods in the retina to be able to "confuse" colors to produce the results normal colored vision people experience.

There are 2 different types of color, one being the reflected combined color, and the light emmitted color. The reflected type of color is produced by white light hitting an object which results in the objects capacity to produce light, as thewhite light photons impact an object, the electrons of that object are kicked up a notch. When the electron can no longer hold its position in the "wrong" orbit, they fall back into the normal orbit and they release the energy ( which they got from that earlier strike of white light photon) in the form of a photon and that photon will have a specific energy level ( wavelength, e.g. its color).

The second type of color is what is known as emitted color. Best example is an LED, it outputs light in a very specific power range ( once again... wavelength). The item is loaded up with electrical, heat energies to push electrons to higher orbits which then result in photons being produced in a very narrow range of power ( wavelengths). Other hi energy items produce multiple wavelengths to form a multitude of colors or even white light... which is pretty much all of the wavelengths avilable. For an example of energy levels that continue to build up and produce colors 1 or 2 color bands at a time would be the hot metal rod setup. It starts out as cold, no energy available to move electrons to higher orbits, but start adding heat and the metal begins to glow a dull red, add energy and it goes to a brighter red and then orange and yellow and green and so forth and so on... keep adding heat and eventually the metal will glow "white hot" ( and then proceed to splatter on the floor since it was hotter than molten ;) )... And there you have it... reflected color due to photons from another souce of photons causing the item to emit color due to its electrons being excited... and the emitted light source which is emitting light due to its hi energy state.

Users who are viewing this thread