Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Got my Ultilamp fans and pump up and running... the water system is being tested right now (as Im typing this ) for leaks. All of the fans are running too, all 5 of them. Once I get the power supply finished, there will probably be 2 more fans running, dont know yet... depends on how hot the power supply will get. Just to run the 5 fans and water pump requires 12VDC and 2A, the lite will need 32VDC and 3A. The TECs will need approximately 9-12VDC at 35A, yup TECs are power hungry little boogerz... :w00t:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
th
+
th
=
th

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
did you know that the phrase "the whole 9 yards" ( which kinda morphed into a meaning of " give it all you got") came from the situation that there was a very popular machine gun back in WW2 that had the ammo supply in 27 foot long belts... e.g. 9 yards... and to go full out against the other side required that you gave it "the whole 9 yards".... :D

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Well..........
Wifey fell couple hours ago,had to call 911 to get her up she was in too much pain from fall for me to get her up.Firefighters and ambulance got here with 8 guys,they got her up and to hospital with minimal pain(compared to when i tried).They put a blanket under her and two of the more firefighter calendar types got her up.
She just called from hospital-broken hip-waiting for orthopedic surgeon to show up.
The hospital won't allow anyone to be with her due to Covid............
I’m hoping she is doing better after surgery. It’s awful that a lot of hospitals are not allowing visitors. However, my Dad had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago and they allowed one visitor but you had to be screened with fever and get a visitor tag and wear a mask. It was awful not being with him until they told us one visitor...a full day later after his stent. I mean I understand...but it’s hard. Fingers crossed for a full recovery for Mrs. DD!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
The hanging barn door is structurally finished. The hangers and rollers are on. The remaining things are to hang the rail and level it, hanging the door and adjusting it, then the stain. I think that what remains will be easier physically. But, I am done for this day.
I am going to go David's route, pizza and beer tonight.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The hanging barn door is structurally finished. The hangers and rollers are on. The remaining things are to hang the rail and level it, hanging the door and adjusting it, then the stain. I think that what remains will be easier physically. But, I am done for this day.
I am going to go David's route, pizza and beer tonight.
This will buy you a couple months with Mrs. CMD allowing you to live in her house.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Im so bummed ... had the Ultilite all wired up and fans going pump going all system good, applied power to the TECs and they started cooling the water ( quite quickly too) set the lite voltage to low and applied power, slowly turned the power up... the lite began to glow and get brighter and brighter as I contiinued to increase the voltage... got it about 3/4s the way up and decided that was enuf, turned the voltage down to zero on the lamp, switched off the TECs, powered down the fans and pump, unplugged the system to let it cool off... As I got up my foot decided to be numb and a lost my balace a tad and ended up bumping the work table the lite was on... the cap fell over and hit the circuit board and unloaded umpteen bajillion jules of electrons into it... and it exploded... autopsie revieled 2 dead controller boards and a dead dimmer... I suppose if Im going to do it, Ill do it well... o_O:eek::confused::unsure::(

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.
Im so bummed ... had the Ultilite all wired up and fans going pump going all system good, applied power to the TECs and they started cooling the water ( quite quickly too) set the lite voltage to low and applied power, slowly turned the power up... the lite began to glow and get brighter and brighter as I contiinued to increase the voltage... got it about 3/4s the way up and decided that was enuf, turned the voltage down to zero on the lamp, switched off the TECs, powered down the fans and pump, unplugged the system to let it cool off... As I got up my foot decided to be numb and a lost my balace a tad and ended up bumping the work table the lite was on... the cap fell over and hit the circuit board and unloaded umpteen bajillion jules of electrons into it... and it exploded... autopsie revieled 2 dead controller boards and a dead dimmer... I suppose if Im going to do it, Ill do it well... o_O:eek::confused::unsure::(

OUCH!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I’m engaged in a bit of a battle with the first vape company that I ordered the Aegis Legend from.

They refused to answer my multiple emails requesting that the order be cancelled and that they confirm the cancellation. There was no way to cancel it myself via their site. They never answer their phone and their voice mailbox is full.

Saturday I get a shipping notice, 12 days after I placed the order. I again send multiple emails requesting them NOT to ship, as they had only created the label. No response until just after 8:30 pm on Monday when I sent yet another email. The reply gave me the tracking number and ignored my request to cancel and not ship! I reply again with NO, DO NOT SHIP. Ignored.

Tuesday night it entered the USPS tracking system. :facepalm:

I got my money back from my CC. This company seems to think they can ignore me, ship and get my dispute refused. Ugh!

Today the package was delivered. I left it unopened, marked it REFUSED and took it to the post office. Let’s see what happens.

This nightmare is exactly what reviewers complained about on the BBB site, Yelp and Google reviews, with the added fun of them shipping wrong items, broken items and long expired e-liquid. Wish I’d read those reviews before ordering. Live and learn. :(

Users who are viewing this thread