Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Im so bummed ... had the Ultilite all wired up and fans going pump going all system good, applied power to the TECs and they started cooling the water ( quite quickly too) set the lite voltage to low and applied power, slowly turned the power up... the lite began to glow and get brighter and brighter as I contiinued to increase the voltage... got it about 3/4s the way up and decided that was enuf, turned the voltage down to zero on the lamp, switched off the TECs, powered down the fans and pump, unplugged the system to let it cool off... As I got up my foot decided to be numb and a lost my balace a tad and ended up bumping the work table the lite was on... the cap fell over and hit the circuit board and unloaded umpteen bajillion jules of electrons into it... and it exploded... autopsie revieled 2 dead controller boards and a dead dimmer... I suppose if Im going to do it, Ill do it well... o_O:eek::confused::unsure::(
Major bummer.
I’m engaged in a bit of a battle with the first vape company that I ordered the Aegis Legend from.

They refused to answer my multiple emails requesting that the order be cancelled and that they confirm the cancellation. There was no way to cancel it myself via their site. They never answer their phone and their voice mailbox is full.

Saturday I get a shipping notice, 12 days after I placed the order. I again send multiple emails requesting them NOT to ship, as they had only created the label. No response until just after 8:30 pm on Monday when I sent yet another email. The reply gave me the tracking number and ignored my request to cancel and not ship! I reply again with NO, DO NOT SHIP. Ignored.

Tuesday night it entered the USPS tracking system. :facepalm:

I got my money back from my CC. This company seems to think they can ignore me, ship and get my dispute refused. Ugh!

Today the package was delivered. I left it unopened, marked it REFUSED and took it to the post office. Let’s see what happens.

This nightmare is exactly what reviewers complained about on the BBB site, Yelp and Google reviews, with the added fun of them shipping wrong items, broken items and long expired e-liquid. Wish I’d read those reviews before ordering. Live and learn. :(
That’s BS!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Thanks for hanging in there. With luck, a few others might benefit- either from the warning or maybe from some changes within the company.

That’s why I posted my own Google review of them. I may also post a complaint with the BBB. I looked into how to submit a complaint to Shopify where their payments are processed, but you have to allow them to share your name with the vendor. At this point, I don’t care if they do that. People should be made aware. It’s clearly some type of scam, or at least a very poorly run business.

I did consider whether they are some kind of money laundering operation. If so, then I wouldn’t want my name used in anything Shopify might do that would end their ability to get paid. Don’t need any mob figures mad at me.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
That’s BS!

It really is. Honest businesses get harassed and shut down for less than this trend. Mine isn’t an isolated instance.

I’m so careful about who I order from, so I’m mad at myself for letting my excitement override my good judgment. I’m mostly mad that anyone would be so unethical in business or commerce. We all know it happens though.

I’m watching my CC for any fraud too. Since they use Shopify, it’s unlikely they could do anything. Vendors can’t see the CC number in the Shopify system and it isn’t saved by Shopify. I know because one of my clients is on Shopify and I configured it for them.

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Pain relief in hospitals is a joke. When in labor with younger son they wouldn't give me pain relief because they said I wasn't hurting bad enough. They said I wasn't hurting bad enough because I answered all of their stupid questions. I only answered all their stupid questions so they would hurry up and give me something to relieve the pain...

Sorry about your wife DesertDweller. I'm not sure what is causing her muscle spasms so this may not work for her but I used to get them really bad, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with them and they're just horrible. I have a friend who is a pharmacist, but she's also studied herbalism. She told me for years I had a magnesium deficiency. I didn't listen. Then one night last fall I was over there and started having one. She had a magnesium supplement called "Natural Calm", she made it up for me (you dissolve it in water), I drank it and the spasms stopped. You have to get it at a health food store. There's also a cream that I've used that helps for arthritis pain, but it also helps for muscle aches and cramps. It's called Real Time Pain Relief and you can get that directly from their website or from Amazon. Best wishes to her on her recovery from the fall.
Mag deficiency is so very common. I've taken a supplement for years now.

I'm jealous of you all painting. I want to do some updating around the house but I need drywall repair first. And we are in full 'saving money' mode due to the current economy.
I want to have the cabinets and trim painted also. DH thinks it's nuts to paint oak cabinets.. I get it, but it's also a dungeon in here and I'm tired of it. I know most of you are gonna agree with him..
I did book 2 more round trip flights last night for the less than price of one, and still have a small credit.
DD I hope your wife is recovering well.
Hope you all have a good weekend!

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I’m engaged in a bit of a battle with the first vape company that I ordered the Aegis Legend from.

They refused to answer my multiple emails requesting that the order be cancelled and that they confirm the cancellation. There was no way to cancel it myself via their site. They never answer their phone and their voice mailbox is full.

Saturday I get a shipping notice, 12 days after I placed the order. I again send multiple emails requesting them NOT to ship, as they had only created the label. No response until just after 8:30 pm on Monday when I sent yet another email. The reply gave me the tracking number and ignored my request to cancel and not ship! I reply again with NO, DO NOT SHIP. Ignored.

Tuesday night it entered the USPS tracking system. :facepalm:

I got my money back from my CC. This company seems to think they can ignore me, ship and get my dispute refused. Ugh!

Today the package was delivered. I left it unopened, marked it REFUSED and took it to the post office. Let’s see what happens.

This nightmare is exactly what reviewers complained about on the BBB site, Yelp and Google Reviews, with the added fun of them shipping wrong items, broken items and long expired e-liquid. Wish I’d read those reviews before ordering. Live and learn. :(

As you have your issues with the bad company, I have mine too... I ordered a case for an Arduino board a month ago, and recieved no confirmation of the order, no confirmation of shipping, only a tracking number. The tracking # showed the order was processed and was waiting to be picked up from the shipper/company/seller. A couple of weeks go by and tracking shows its still in the companies possesion. I email the company/seller and get no responce. I then start a daily regime of emails to the company to cancel the order since I found one elsewhere. ( I ordered this thru NewEgg and Newegg rather prefers to have the buyer deal with the seller first, if nothing happens in 3-4 weeks then you can bring Newegg into the equation). So, I go thru NewEggs cutomer service complaint system, I have Newegg cancel order and send me a Return Slip... They wanted to know why I needed a return slip if the order was cancelled, told them I will need one just in case the seller decides to ship while ignoring my request to cancel... anyway I eventually make my way to the sellers info page ( didnt know this existed) and the seller had a terrible history of sending broken, used, wrong parts... also was famous for "lost in the mail" shipping errors and excessive delays in shipping and a few of " not even shipped" orders. The other 1/3 of the customer reviews were stellar 5 star ratings... I guess Newegg got ahold of this company after I gave a rather harsh review... Newegg sends me their results and the package had shipped the day Newegg had contacted the seller to cancel my order. I even got a shipping history from Newegg on my item... and it shows its stuck in some building "wating for processing" and has been for 4 weeks... it took a week to get it to the building its waiting in... the time doesnt work out right here 5 weeks in the system and I ordered it 4 weeks ago?? Either the shipper used a copy of another order and buffed it up to be "mine" and missed a date or the computer system for shipping doesnt know what day it is... o_O... Anyway, Im glad I have the RMA from Newegg, its legit and functional and will be used... wonder how long its going to take to get my funds back tho...

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
wellll... I pulled the Ultilite back out and also pulled out my ancient old archaic, built like a tank heavy duty bullet proof, weighs a ton and then some ( built this years ago when voltage regulation was done with a variac, transformers, transistors the size of your thumb, resistors you can hang a roll of toilet paper on...) POWER Supply!!! :banana::banana::banana: ( its built in a full sized computer tower case, weighs about 50 lbs) :shock: thats the reason I quit using it due to the weight and having to move it... but anyway... I hooked the Ultilite up to it and tested it out to see if anything in the actual lite TECs fans and pump system were ok. They were, nothing got ate up in that end of the system... So, while I had it up and running I decided to see how bright it could go... ITS BRITE!!! definately need :2cool:... even put on my laser glasses to check out the LED for bad sectors... no bad sectors :thumb:... all the stuf I made from scratch/left over parts survived, all the store bought stuff got trashed... should have built all of the stuff needed, probably then the cap wouldnt have hurt anything when it fell... o_O it would have just made a rather loud bang instead. Did you know that Electrons are noisy/loud when they move thru air.... :rolleyes: and while digging out the old supply I came across some hi volt flash tubes and associated control boards... :evil: got a small strobe working at the moment, think Ill go ahead and finish off the heavy duty strobe power supply I started on about 20 yrs ago... seem to have all the parts needed to bring it to life... :rolleyes:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
ohhh... did I mention that I ordered a camera earlier this week? its a knock off GoPro from Chinaland... GoPros sell for like 250-400$, the "Dragon Touch" Action Camera is 54$ its 4K video 16MP camera with wifi connect and all sorts of dodads and accessories too, even has special mounts to hook it up to your helmet... lol... if you need a helmet to take photographs/videos, your doing something wrong or not safe... o_O
knee pads, I can understand, sometimes you have to kneel to get close to the flowers youre taking pix of... :D

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
My saga continues too! The refused package made its way to the USPS mailhub and some brainiac person or system there ignored the ginormous “REFUSED” written in two places (per USPS instructions and approval at the local post office).

The package is on its way back here today. Let’s see if the mail carrier notices “REFUSED” on it. :lol:

Like a bad penny...

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
As you have your issues with the bad company, I have mine too... I ordered a case for an Arduino board a month ago, and recieved no confirmation of the order, no confirmation of shipping, only a tracking number. The tracking # showed the order was processed and was waiting to be picked up from the shipper/company/seller. A couple of weeks go by and tracking shows its still in the companies possesion. I email the company/seller and get no responce. I then start a daily regime of emails to the company to cancel the order since I found one elsewhere. ( I ordered this thru NewEgg and Newegg rather prefers to have the buyer deal with the seller first, if nothing happens in 3-4 weeks then you can bring Newegg into the equation). So, I go thru NewEggs cutomer service complaint system, I have Newegg cancel order and send me a Return Slip... They wanted to know why I needed a return slip if the order was cancelled, told them I will need one just in case the seller decides to ship while ignoring my request to cancel... anyway I eventually make my way to the sellers info page ( didnt know this existed) and the seller had a terrible history of sending broken, used, wrong parts... also was famous for "lost in the mail" shipping errors and excessive delays in shipping and a few of " not even shipped" orders. The other 1/3 of the customer reviews were stellar 5 star ratings... I guess Newegg got ahold of this company after I gave a rather harsh review... Newegg sends me their results and the package had shipped the day Newegg had contacted the seller to cancel my order. I even got a shipping history from Newegg on my item... and it shows its stuck in some building "wating for processing" and has been for 4 weeks... it took a week to get it to the building its waiting in... the time doesnt work out right here 5 weeks in the system and I ordered it 4 weeks ago?? Either the shipper used a copy of another order and buffed it up to be "mine" and missed a date or the computer system for shipping doesnt know what day it is... o_O... Anyway, Im glad I have the RMA from Newegg, its legit and functional and will be used... wonder how long its going to take to get my funds back tho...

There was a mass media story recently about how “the bad guys” are having trouble laundering their money. Recent DEA busts have seen big jumps in the amount of cash they are confiscating. Where they’d usually seize $100k at most, they now seize more, even up to a million.

Reduced traffic has made their trucks crossing the border stand out more. And reduced commerce is hindering their laundering ability.

Things that make you go hmmmm. :)

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.
so.......
Now that wifey is more clear headed than after her surgery,it turns out she broke left femur along with the hip break.They put a rod in the femur( to go with rod in right leg from femur break a few years ago),and a "plate" on the hip.
I think the left side is winning at this point of the "battle".
She got moved to a rehab facility close to the hospital,still no visitors allowed................
I guess that's ok-they claim no covid cases so far( she tested negative for Covid at surgery time).

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
so.......
Now that wifey is more clear headed than after her surgery,it turns out she broke left femur along with the hip break.They put a rod in the femur( to go with rod in right leg from femur break a few years ago),and a "plate" on the hip.
I think the left side is winning at this point of the "battle".
She got moved to a rehab facility close to the hospital,still no visitors allowed................
I guess that's ok-they claim no covid cases so far( she tested negative for Covid at surgery time).
T800 Endoskeleton

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.
So-I'll take the millenial ,Lori or General can you pretty it up?

Done! Congrats, DD!

162,000th post in the Big Thread!

One for you...

E396BA55-9E53-4D84-B690-121D4110C6BA.jpeg

And one for Mrs DD! :wub:

76225ABC-F9B6-4002-A8F5-5EA986257DD2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread