Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Evening...pizza and beer..:thumb:

20210108_071815.jpg

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Well, BK is probably horizontal in bed by now after getting flattened by his juice session. Sleep it away BK.

more like layed back in the office chair at full recline with feet up on the desk occassionally peeking at the monitor...

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Fantastic! Thank you very much. This is saved in my notes.

One question: When you say “mash for an hour” is that just maintaining heat and cooking the mash, or is there something else involved?

I guess it would be considered stir "gently" to keep a hot spot from forming on bottom and help maintain an even temp thru out the whole of the grains... if left unattended, the outer walls become cool and the bottom center over heated, maintaining temp is critical at this point, this is when the starches are converted to those magical sugars the yeastiebeasties gobble up and make the beer worth while.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I guess it would be considered stir "gently" to keep a hot spot from forming on bottom and help maintain an even temp thru out the whole of the grains... if left unattended, the outer walls become cool and the bottom center over heated, maintaining temp is critical at this point, this is when the starches are converted to those magical sugars the yeastiebeasties gobble up and make the beer worth while.

Thanks - makes sense!

I am in the midst of making ginger beer today. There’s no quick cool down involved, you just wait for it to come to 75 degrees before pitching the yeast. Good grief! It took over an hour and a half. Now I understand the ice bath approach.

I’m using champagne yeast because I don’t want bready flavor in my ginger beer. Didn’t realize it would be liquid yeast. Cool!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Mixed precipitation, sleet and snow. The robins have showed up lately thinking spring is here. They are never here in winter, so that is strange. My azalea and some cactus are blooming. We have had unusual amounts of rain since Dec started, and more so a few days ago. They say we may get 1-3" of snow. The snow does not bother me as much as sleet. Looking at radar, the snow is close, and will snow for many hours. The kids will be happy, as long as we do not lose power AGAIN.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon... Just a normal Sunday.. A little cleaning and laundry. Scurffy got a new toy and has been playing with it a lot.. Had a bit of an issue with Scruffy this week. I was out of Blue Buffalo Kitten dry food. I keep a bowl of dry food for while I'm at work. So I bought a bay of BB adult indoor food. Well it didn't agree with him and he was throwing it up. After three days of cleaning it up I stopped letting him have it. Yesterday after racking my brain with reviews I bought a bag of this. Solid Gold Indigo Moon ™ Holistic Cat & Kitten Food - Natural, High Protein, Grain Free | cat Dry Food | PetSmart The reviews were about average but mainly my brain hurt so I said heck with it I'll try this one. Well I put a bowl down when I got home and he went right to it and started eating. Didn't even wait for his afternoon snack. Go figure..

I also went to the Medicare and Social Security websites. Because it's time for me to think about those. But it didn't take long for my brain to hurt... I think I need to talk to HR about a few things..

. 20210110_074934.jpg

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Afternoon... Just a normal Sunday.. A little cleaning and laundry. Scurffy got a new toy and has been playing with it a lot.. Had a bit of an issue with Scruffy this week. I was out of Blue Buffalo Kitten dry food. I keep a bowl of dry food for while I'm at work. So I bought a bay of BB adult indoor food. Well it didn't agree with him and he was throwing it up. After three days of cleaning it up I stopped letting him have it. Yesterday after racking my brain with reviews I bought a bag of this. Solid Gold Indigo Moon ™ Holistic Cat & Kitten Food - Natural, High Protein, Grain Free | cat Dry Food | PetSmart The reviews were about average but mainly my brain hurt so I said heck with it I'll try this one. Well I put a bowl down when I got home and he went right to it and started eating. Didn't even wait for his afternoon snack. Go figure..

I also went to the Medicare and Social Security websites. Because it's time for me to think about those. But it didn't take long for my brain to hurt... I think I need to talk to HR about a few things..

. View attachment 925529
    Applying for SS/Medicare isn’t difficult. Might be a good idea to be a bit more relaxed though.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2011
    Treasure Coast
    Afternoon... Just a normal Sunday.. A little cleaning and laundry. Scurffy got a new toy and has been playing with it a lot.. Had a bit of an issue with Scruffy this week. I was out of Blue Buffalo Kitten dry food. I keep a bowl of dry food for while I'm at work. So I bought a bay of BB adult indoor food. Well it didn't agree with him and he was throwing it up. After three days of cleaning it up I stopped letting him have it. Yesterday after racking my brain with reviews I bought a bag of this. Solid Gold Indigo Moon ™ Holistic Cat & Kitten Food - Natural, High Protein, Grain Free | cat Dry Food | PetSmart The reviews were about average but mainly my brain hurt so I said heck with it I'll try this one. Well I put a bowl down when I got home and he went right to it and started eating. Didn't even wait for his afternoon snack. Go figure... View attachment 925529

Poor baby (poor you, too, David! BTDT)!

Has he kept the new chow down OK this evening? I sure hope so. Bur yeesh -- that brand sure is spendy!:eek:

DavidOH

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 9, 2013
    Ohio
    Poor baby (poor you, too, David! BTDT)!

Has he kept the new chow down OK this evening? I sure hope so. Bur yeesh -- that brand sure is spendy!:eek:

Yes he ate some yesterday and today. So far no problem.. I bought the three pound bag. Which was still a bit high at just over $13.. But because he gets wet food in the morning and evening it'll last awhile..

Users who are viewing this thread