Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
interesting science fact for the week...
did you know that if you take a wet piece of cloth dampened with water and you squeeze out 1 full drop of water onto a smooth flat surface.... the drip will measure out to have a diameter of 10mm/1 cm

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
A fun food adventure today while the ginger beer happily ferments.

I made two key Ethiopian ingredients, and one dish that used them both. Niter kibbeh (spiced clarified butter) and berbere (a fiery and fragrant spice blend). I tried to go as authentic as possible and had bought 3 hard to find Ethiopian spices for this undertaking. I had a good time with this. I love this cuisine and have really missed going out for some with all of the restaurant closures.

I tried making injera once which is a spongy fermented bread made with a grain called teff. That ferment failed, but I’ll try again. You tear off pieces and use it instead of utensils. It’s yummy!

The dish I made was a potato, carrot and cabbage “wat” which is roasted in a pan with the clarified butter, onions, garlic and ginger. It took half the day to get all this together for a simple dish that takes half an hour to cook!

Here’s the butter and spices from the start of making the niter kibbeh. The aromas were incredible and it was just the start of cooking it which takes 90 minutes on a low, low simmer. After simmering, you strain out the spices, onions, garlic and ginger. Now I have a jar of it to use to try more dishes!

12A991A1-6E2E-45E1-B1EF-9871A7F58540.jpeg

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
"Been There, Done That." :)

As i imagine all of us Cat People have! :D

Of course! Now I get it! Thanks.

And yes cats are messy critters quite often. We had to take Tigg completely off of any kind of kibble. We were buying him the costly grain free variety too. But the little piggy would eat it and eat it until he got all “plugged up” at both ends. After nursing him back to healthy functioning multiple times, we had to stop the problem at its root. He’s an old guy and can’t be stressing his system like that.

BTDT TATA. (Time And Time Again) :D

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
We got a little less than 3 inches of snow. It was heavy wet snow. Lots of people lost power, like tens of thousands. A couple of times I thought mine was gonna be out. I was lucky this time. The snow is melting very slowly. Tonight it will freeze up again. The evergreen trees here really struggled under the weight of the snow. But most of them just bow down, not totally break. The little dog had not seen snow yet in her life, until yesterday. She acted so funny. She was hopping around like a rabbit. She does not like her feet wet, or cold. But she was running around the house once we came in. It reminded me of dogs that just had a bath in a way. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
We got a little less than 3 inches of snow. It was heavy wet snow. Lots of people lost power, like tens of thousands. A couple of times I thought mine was gonna be out. I was lucky this time. The snow is melting very slowly. Tonight it will freeze up again. The evergreen trees here really struggled under the weight of the snow. But most of them just bow down, not totally break. The little dog had not seen snow yet in her life, until yesterday. She acted so funny. She was hopping around like a rabbit. She does not like her feet wet, or cold. But she was running around the house once we came in. It reminded me of dogs that just had a bath in a way. :)
At least someone can enjoy the snow.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
still feeling yuckky.. should have lightened up by now... wellll come to find out, my dental insurance wont pay for the dental work I HAD to get done to continue my chemo... because the LSU School of Dentistry isnt on the Insurances list of dentist they work with. The insurance wont even offer to reimburse me the amount ( or even a portion of) that has to be payed... looks like Im going to have to come up with 1000$+ soon...
whats the since of having insurance if ya cant use it. I had no choice in setting up the dental appointments, the Chemo Dr set it all up... not a happy camper..

tenor-1.gif

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
wow 7900 dead in La. from covid 349,000 infected with it, 2000 in hospitals on respirators... 1400 new cases showed up today ( from yesterdays testing)... 40% are asymptomatic ( no signs of being infected) approx 600 are asymptomatic. I wonder how many of the asymptomatic/infected were avid mask wearers?

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Evening...... One day done...

View attachment 925661

That’s a perfect kind of cat toy. When he’s frustrated because he can’t get that ball, he can “scratch it out” — meaning he can direct his aggression to the scratcher in the middle. Nice!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
still feeling yuckky.. should have lightened up by now... wellll come to find out, my dental insurance wont pay for the dental work I HAD to get done to continue my chemo... because the LSU School of Dentistry isnt on the Insurances list of dentist they work with. The insurance wont even offer to reimburse me the amount ( or even a portion of) that has to be payed... looks like Im going to have to come up with 1000$+ soon...
whats the since of having insurance if ya cant use it. I had no choice in setting up the dental appointments, the Chemo Dr set it all up... not a happy camper..

View attachment 925659

Ugh. Insurance is the worst of Ponzi schemes, shell games and chain letters all rolled up into one big steaming pile of... well, you know the rest. The con is rotten to the core.

Users who are viewing this thread