Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
passed by the gun shop and checked to see if they had primers in yet... they did... but I didnt get any.... last time I bought primers they were 37$ per 1000... they are now going for 200$/1000 :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

can we say GOUGE!!! aintnoway Im paying that much for primers, Ill do without before I pay that much, it would be cheaper to buy whole bullets than to reload now a days... well it looks like we get to keep our guns, 2nd amend says we can... it doesnt mention anything about boolits tho, so they make it impossible to get boolits or so expensive no one wants to afford to buy them... the materials to manufacture the components hasnt gone up in price, so the manufacturers arent looking at higher costs, in fact they are pumping out as much as they can to meet the demands... its the stores hiking the prices up, the suppliers hiking prices too, but the makers prices are still what they were 4 yrs ago... someone is making a fortune....

oh yeah I get joosed in 8 hrs o_O

and some good news.... I finally got approved for disability... originally I applied for disability and they sed no since I didnt have enuf quarters for the last 10 yrs of working, so I was denied. So I waited and applied for early retirement and the form asks if my reason for early retirement was due to illness that keeps me from working, I answered yup so it shot me over to the disability page again o_Oo_Oo_O so I filled it out again and waited to hear the same story of not enuf quarters... but they approved it.... go figgur...
Gun stuff is outrageous. Defund the gun owner!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning Army. 2nd Amendment is blasphemy to some in Gub'ment, so if they can't get rid of it they just tax and threaten. Firearms are the new tobacco.
Finally got rain. Several showers yesterday, and a heavy rain sometime last night.
Natasha is up, wide awake and ready to go. Next Friday she gets fixed, poor thing. But we don't need seven puppies.
Not really sure what is on the itinerary today. Seems retirement can be like that :D

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Morning.... Friday!!!!

20210603_061026.jpg

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Haven't been to a range in years because of prices... Sucks

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2008 was the time to buy hand loading supplies, it has been a mess as '09 rolled on. I saw the writing on the wall, primers were $20 per thousand.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
A former employer emailed me, asking if I was interested in working for them again.
Got fired from that job over 12 years ago, but experienced drivers, especially those knowledgable in the type of frieght and equipment (Lumber, Flat Beds) are getting harder to come by.
Still, retirement sounds good at the moment....

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
A former employer emailed me, asking if I was interested in working for them again.
Got fired from that job over 12 years ago, but experienced drivers, especially those knowledgable in the type of fright and equipment (Lumber, Flat Beds) are getting harder to come by.
Still, retirement sounds good at the moment....
There is a major shortage of truckers among others.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Pretty close. Unemployment pays more and mommies are stuck home with the crumb crunchers cuz schools are closed.
    Schools are still closed? Clarksville schools have been open all year except for a couple weeks when a lot of students had been exposed to Covid.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Schools are still closed? Clarksville schools have been open all year except for a couple weeks when a lot of students had been exposed to Covid.
    Same here Except in crappy Harris county. Who knows what goes on there. My Boy was in school 3/4 of the time. 1st semester we did virtual(wifes decision, not mine) and then she quickly realized she couldn't deal ..
    Hell everything is open here, and I don't wear a stupid mask anywhere, nor will i .

That's not true. I wear masks to avoid mosquitos :p

kkay59

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2014
    You folks in the states that are dry need some of the rain here and in Louisiana too.
    We had rain before the artic blast, then before it had melted, it started raining again. I think it has been flooded ever since. While the west has dry conditions mostly, we have had rain just about every day. One day a week we see no rain. This has been going on for a very long time here. No way you can plant anything at all this season. Even if the rain stopped, it would be quite some time before you could plant, the soil is more than saturated here. Then the heat will come right after.

I have had issues with my vehicle since the last part of May. I got two different shops to look at it, with two opinions. Next week I have another appt for a third shop to look. When it rains, it pours. :censored:

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    You folks in the states that are dry need some of the rain here and in Louisiana too.
    We had rain before the artic blast, then before it had melted, it started raining again. I think it has been flooded ever since. While the west has dry conditions mostly, we have had rain just about every day. One day a week we see no rain. This has been going on for a very long time here. No way you can plant anything at all this season. Even if the rain stopped, it would be quite some time before you could plant, the soil is more than saturated here. Then the heat will come right after.

I have had issues with my vehicle since the last part of May. I got two different shops to look at it, with two opinions. Next week I have another appt for a third shop to look. When it rains, it pours. :censored:
    :facepalm:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    the water heater decided to spring a leak.... o_O and its a gas powered heater to boot... Ive must have relit the pilot 30 times since the leak started...:mad: its a tiny leak too, just a drop of water every 2 seconds when it started.... now its a dribble stream,:cry: had to make a "tent" to cover the pilot lite until the new tankless heater arrives on next friday... o_O guess I cant complain tho, that heater has lasted 20 yrs :thumb:
    going to replace it with a tankless unit, on demand heater... that will open up about 9 sqr feet of floor space for storage :thumbs:

amazing how a tiny pin point sized hole can ruin a good heater.... and of course the dripping falls directly on the pilot flame, couldnt have fallen an inch or 2 any other direction, had to fall directly on it... :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread