Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Boudica

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Auckland. New Zealand
Rest in Peace, Chris.

16899554827_eb484a8ea0_b.jpg

I remember Chris well, this is a really lovely pic of a gentle natured family man. I recall how much he helped his wife (Sue?) in the bakery .A very likeable, easy going man and I often wonder what became of Sue who was not in good health, and his daughter too. RIP Chris, you left too early.

Boudica

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Auckland. New Zealand
Love MASH. The best Andy Griffiths were the B&W ones. Didn't like any of the color ones.

Watched another 3 or 4 MASH last night, my most favourite character was...excuse incoming spelling errors...a British Major, he likes Hot Lips Houlihan, snobby fellow ha ha. he had a big long brit name/title, Charles "something" Winchester the III. Argg can't remember his middle name, I'm sure it started with E though?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Watched another 3 or 4 MASH last night, my most favourite character was...excuse incoming spelling errors...a British Major, he likes Hot Lips Houlihan, snobby fellow ha ha. he had a big long brit name/title, Charles "something" Winchester the III. Argg can't remember his middle name, I'm sure it started with E though?
Charles Winchester III. My all time favorite character. I laugh just looking at him.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon.... Just a normal Sunday.. Working on laundry. Got a couple burgers in the works. And I'm watching H.G. Wells The Time Machine, 1960, Starring Rod Taylor.. It's one of my all time favorite movies. Watched it as a kid and have seen it many times. The Sony is doing a good job with the upscaling considering when this movie was made.. Rod Taylor was also one of my favorite actors as a kid. Don't ask me why because I don't know. He just was. ;)

Scruffy is taking a nap.. He's been busy with some time outside today. Yes I've been letting him go outside. He's been good about staying in the back yard for the most part. As long as I check on him every ten minutes or so. And he's been coming back when I call him. For now that is.. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Afternoon.... Just a normal Sunday.. Working on laundry. Got a couple burgers in the works. And I'm watching H.G. Wells The Time Machine, 1960, Starring Rod Taylor.. It's one of my all time favorite movies. Watched it as a kid and have seen it many times. The Sony is doing a good job with the upscaling considering when this movie was made.. Rod Taylor was also one of my favorite actors as a kid. Don't ask me why because I don't know. He just was. ;)

Scruffy is taking a nap.. He's been busy with some time outside today. Yes I've been letting him go outside. He's been good about staying in the back yard for the most part. As long as I check on him every ten minutes or so. And he's been coming back when I call him. For now that is.. :)
It’s good to get him outside. Helps that he stays close.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My stuff came today. So I spent the afternoon cleaning, organizing, rerouting, labeling that cluster in the crawl space. Rough working down there. Can’t stand. Everything off my knees and ..... Bought some knee pads. Still wrecks my knees but not near as bad without. But now anyone can go down there (incl me) and figure out what cable is for what. I disconnected all but one cable because we stream everything except the one cable box. Antenna is perfect still.

They sent the wrong thing for my optical switch. Sent me an HD converter. No idea what that is but it’s going back. Reordered the switch. Should be here tomorrow. I’ll wig out if it’s wrong again.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii

Have you ever considered the Time Machine to actually consist of the 1 percenters being the morlock troglodytes in the cave, while we're the eloi idiots playing in the grass? I think this makes more sense than the other way round

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have looked at knee pads. I have been concerned about reducing circulation in my lower legs. Have you noticed anything that concerns you.

My stuff came today. So I spent the afternoon cleaning, organizing, rerouting, labeling that cluster in the crawl space. Rough working down there. Can’t stand. Everything off my knees and ..... Bought some knee pads. Still wrecks my knees but not near as bad without. But now anyone can go down there (incl me) and figure out what cable is for what. I disconnected all but one cable because we stream everything except the one cable box. Antenna is perfect still.

They sent the wrong thing for my optical switch. Sent me an HD converter. No idea what that is but it’s going back. Reordered the switch. Should be here tomorrow. I’ll wig out if it’s wrong again.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have looked at knee pads. I have been concerned about reducing circulation in my lower legs. Have you noticed anything that concerns you.
Yeah, a little. I mean it didn't seem to bother me but I can also see if someone is sensitive to circulation where it could be a problem. If you're using them for shorter stints then it's probably OK. If you have them on for hours at a time then possibly not. They were only $13 so it's probably worth a try. I have no choice but to use them in the crawl. I simply cannot crawl on my knees on that hard ground. I don't think anyone could regardless of age.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
You sold me. I have a few spots on both knees that have a serious pain when I am crawling around on my knees but I have to do it some. I am going give them a go and just get them off about every 30 minutes or so, stretch and flex several times then go back. I have some problems in my extremities, I think it may be the lingering effects of smoking.
I am avoiding the doc on this they will find something and want to open me up somewhere and mess with the veins. Then they will infect me with some drug resistant bacteria found no where but in a hospital. All of which will leave me with a cure exceeding the misery of the disease.
Thanks, General.

Yeah, a little. I mean it didn't seem to bother me but I can also see if someone is sensitive to circulation where it could be a problem. If you're using them for shorter stints then it's probably OK. If you have them on for hours at a time then possibly not. They were only $13 so it's probably worth a try. I have no choice but to use them in the crawl. I simply cannot crawl on my knees on that hard ground. I don't think anyone could regardless of age.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
You sold me. I have a few spots on both knees that have a serious pain when I am crawling around on my knees but I have to do it some. I am going give them a go and just get them off about every 30 minutes or so, stretch and flex several times then go back. I have some problems in my extremities, I think it may be the lingering effects of smoking.
I am avoiding the doc on this they will find something and want to open me up somewhere and mess with the veins. Then they will infect me with some drug resistant bacteria found no where but in a hospital. All of which will leave me with a cure exceeding the misery of the disease.
Thanks, General.
My knees still got roughed up but it was significantly less than going without the pads. Well worth wearing. Your idea about taking breaks is a good one until you figure out what you can tolerate. I have neuropathy in my feet. They're always cold, some tingling and numbness. It's a nerve issue, not circulation so the pads have no impact on that. Good luck. These are the ones I got.

https://www.amazon.com/Bodyprox-Pro...ld=1&keywords=Knee+pads&qid=1627304223&sr=8-6

Users who are viewing this thread