Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Yes, it is gamey. I can't remember what rabbit tastes like but we ate a lot of those also. Another thing I won't touch. Also, won't eat deer meat.

I had venison once not knowing what it was. It, uh, “didn’t stay down” and that’s when my hosts told me what it was. My system just rejected it outright. Haven’t had it since.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I had venison once not knowing what it was. It, uh, “didn’t stay down” and that’s when my hosts told me what it was. My system just rejected it outright. Haven’t had it since.
    I’ve had venison a couple times. The first was young and got hit by a car. Didn’t have the gamey taste and it was good. Next and last try was gamey.

retic1959

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 28, 2013
    New Orleans , Louisiana
    Is it gamey? I’ve never had rabbit either but it doesn’t appeal to me. Never had duck either.
    Big difference on both of them between domestic and wild , domestic duck and rabbit isn't gamey at all . Domestic rabbit is very mild , Think dijon and green peppercorn cream sauce with a touch of brandy , works well with duck too . Not a fan of the orange or cherry sauces served with duck . Domestic duck lends well to smoking too .

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    Big difference on both of them between domestic and wild , domestic duck and rabbit isn't gamey at all . Domestic rabbit is very mild , Think dijon and green peppercorn cream sauce with a touch of brandy , works well with duck too . Not a fan of the orange or cherry sauces served with duck . Domestic duck lends well to smoking too .

I love smoked meats and cheeses. Smoked duck could be worth trying one day. On cooking shows I see people pairing fruit sauces with meat and poultry and I don’t get it at all. Rabbit is really lean and duck seems very fatty, right?

I used to eat a lot of meat, but it doesn’t agree with me much these days. Well spiced varieties of chicken is my current fave. Cumin and chicken is a match made in heaven, IMO.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 9, 2013
    Ohio
    Morning... Friday!!! and a cold one...

20200822_121507.jpg

retic1959

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 28, 2013
    New Orleans , Louisiana
    I love smoked meats and cheeses. Smoked duck could be worth trying one day. On cooking shows I see people pairing fruit sauces with meat and poultry and I don’t get it at all. Rabbit is really lean and duck seems very fatty, right?

I used to eat a lot of meat, but it doesn’t agree with me much these days. Well spiced varieties of chicken is my current fave. Cumin and chicken is a match made in heaven, IMO.
    The fat on the duck is all on the outside and can be rendered or removed , it can be as lean as chicken but the fat lends to smoking more than chicken . Rabbit is very lean , you can treat the loin like chicken breast as far as cooking technique goes , it's white meat . BTW I've seen frozen farm raised rabbits from China in the supermarkets , wouldn't touch them . I'm afraid those "rabbits" might've said Meow at some point .

Last edited:

retic1959

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 28, 2013
    New Orleans , Louisiana
    I went and picked up Scot yesterday to give me a hand with an electrical problem , he knows a lot more than I do about that . Went to uptown N'awlinz after that for brew and munchies , this pub is known for their beer selections . Tried a Terrapin chocolate milk stout , not a fan , lacked depth , not rich enough for a stout . Went to Samuel Smith Nut brown ale after , it had everything the stout lacked , excellent beer , smooth , rich with big malt and cocoa overtones . Definitely a Samuel Smith fan , had their organic chocolate stout before , well worth the money , like the Nut brown but even more malt and cocoa , not sweet though . Don't like too much residual sugars in my beer , source of hangovers and doesn't agree with my palate . Good day yesterday , always good hanging out with Scot . :party:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    I went and picked up Scot yesterday to give me a hand with an electrical problem , he knows a lot more than I do about that . Went to uptown N'awlinz after that for brew and munchies , this pub is known for their beer selections . Tried a Terrapin chocolate milk stout , not a fan , lacked depth , not rich enough for a stout . Went to Samuel Smith Nut brown ale after , it had everything the stout lacked , excellent beer , smooth , rich with big malt and cocoa overtones . Definitely a Samuel Smith fan , had their organic chocolate stout before , well worth the money , like the Nut brown but even more malt and cocoa , not sweet though . Don't like too much residual sugars in my beer , source of hangovers and doesn't agree with my palate . Good day yesterday , always good hanging out with Scot . :party:

Sounds yum! I’m adding that to my list to try sometime. Glad you and Scot had some fun. :toast:

Users who are viewing this thread