Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Evening..... Time for pizza and beer.. I like Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale. Pricey to drink all the time. But I keep a bottle or two for when I'm in the mood for it. I like some of the fruit blends as well.

View attachment 968503
The Sam Smith brews cost about the same as Guinness does down here , not Buttwiper cheap but not too outrageous considering . The abbey ales are the pricey brews in this neck off the woods , Scot likes them but they tend to be too sweet for me . Which reminds me , I haven't sent a nasty email to what used to be Dixie beer . I stopped buying their product when they went chickenchit and changed the name so they are PC . Fed up with all the PC and woke crap , not another cent from me will they see .

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Evening... Really cold today and going to stay that way with some snow moving in tonight and tomorrow..... Took an hour to get my tire fixed this morning.

20210620_075114.jpg

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning Everyone. A balmy 24ºF to start the morning, should get close to 50º today.
Forecasting highs in the low 40's for much of the week. Last winter I went all year on one tank of propane, but this year winter has been colder. Will probably need to order another 100 gallons or so come February. Not looking forward to those prices.
But Mamaw is cooking Sunday Breakfast, so all is well.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Both me and hubs have covid. He's been very sick, I've been a bit better than him,. Then to top it off he fell backwards in the bathroom this morning, staggered to his feet and then fell forward into the shower stall. Thank goodness we don't have a glass enclosure. I called emergency, explained the situation and 3 firemen showed up to haul him up (in addition to two EMT's and a policeman). Quite the party. I gotta hand it to emergency services, God Bless You All.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Both me and hubs have covid. He's been very sick, I've been a bit better than him,. Then to top it off he fell backwards in the bathroom this morning, staggered to his feet and then fell forward into the shower stall. Thank goodness we don't have a glass enclosure. I called emergency, explained the situation and 3 firemen showed up to haul him up (in addition to two EMT's and a policeman). Quite the party. I gotta hand it to emergency services, God Bless You All.
Not good. Keep him in bed or something. And get better. What kind of meds y'all on?

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Not good. Keep him in bed or something. And get better. What kind of meds y'all on?
No meds right now. Thank goodness he's not suffering from shortness of breath, it's fever that we can't quite shake, goes up to 103 then down to 100 then up again. I can see why some folk complain of backache with COVID though - you cough hard,....you put your back out....yep. I did that. At least I didn't break any fingers today.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
No meds right now. Thank goodness he's not suffering from shortness of breath, it's fever that we can't quite shake, goes up to 103 then down to 100 then up again. I can see why some folk complain of backache with COVID though - you cough hard,....you put your back out....yep. I did that. At least I didn't break any fingers today.
Baby yourselves.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Dam , sorry ya'll are going through that Hula . Are ya'll vaccinated ? Supposedly this latest variant can hit you either way .

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Dam , sorry ya'll are going through that Hula . Are ya'll vaccinated ? Supposedly this latest variant can hit you either way .
Aww thanks - we both received the two shots, so hopefully that DID put pay to the shortness of breath issue, though who knows. It still seems to me to be pneumonia, (covid) the flu,(delta) or a cold (omicron) but at his age, none are welcomed in this household. He's very fatigued, but for now the fever seems reduced....sorta like if you have a bad headache, stub the hell out of your toe. It'll cure your headache.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Aww thanks - we both received the two shots, so hopefully that DID put pay to the shortness of breath issue, though who knows. It still seems to me to be pneumonia, (covid) the flu,(delta) or a cold (omicron) but at his age, none are welcomed in this household. He's very fatigued, but for now the fever seems reduced....sorta like if you have a bad headache, stub the hell out of your toe. It'll cure your headache.

Yikes! I’m so sorry for you and Mr Hula! Please do baby yourselves. What an ordeal. I’ve been meaning to ask if your hand was healing up well?

Sending love and hugs to you both, and prayers for a speedy recovery.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC

Sponge bath. I doubt he will object.
Seriously, I do hope the both of you get well soon.

Users who are viewing this thread