Heaven Gifts Juices - Reviews by light487

Status
Not open for further replies.

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Hi All,

I received a bunch of juices (13 in all) from Heaven Gifts (HG) yesterday for the purpose of review. I have been unable to record any videos for the last 2 or 3 weeks due to time constraints and being so busy and tired at the same time. That is about to change and along with another couple of video reviews I will be doing for another company, I will be doing some reviews of HG juices as well.

What I wanted to do is give a running commentary of my first impressions with these juices as it takes a while to formulate a proper opinion of a juice (or any product for that matter). First impressions are important though because they can mean the difference between continuing with something or not. For me though, I don't really have a choice on whether to continue or not if I don't like a juice, so I will do the hard work of continuing on regardless to make sure there is no silver-lining or rainbow just over the next hill.

I've tasted a few of the juices already but there are 2 tobacco flavours and 1 non-tobacco flavour that I have decided to give a proper bash first. That's generally how it goes really. You need to bash a handful of flavours and really give them a good go before coming to any conclusions. So the 3 flavours I have selected for my first round of testing are:

11mg Wensten (Winston)
11mg Green M.boro (Marlboro)
6mg Green Tea​

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Wensten
I've had a passion for strongly flavoured cigarettes ever since I started smoking and Winston was always one of those brands that stood out from the rest as having a full bodied aroma and taste. Of course we all know that a cigarette itself doesn't taste very nice but it's that smell of a freshly opened packet and the first drag or two that keeps us coming back for more...at least it used to.

From my very first puff of the 11mg version of HG's Winston, labelled Wensten to prevent any rights issues, I was immediately nostalgic of that genuine Winston flavour and aroma that I remember from my smoking days. It is a rich, strong and robust tobacco flavour leaning towards the more raison end of the dried fruit spectrum. The smell of the liquid itself smells a lot sweeter and more fruity than the vapour ends up tasting. The inhale tastes a little bit sweet, like sultanas/raisons but the exhale brings the flavour dynamic together into a clean yet strong tobacco flavour overall.

For an 11mg juice, it has a really satisfying throat hit that feels like I am vaping a 24mg juice. The bottle says it is PG but the list of ingredients also mentioned the use of VG. So I would guess that there is a majority of PG and a carefully measured dose of VG to boost the vapour production. The vapour produced by this juice is on average with most juices with even a short 2 second draw producing a satisfying amount of vapour. After 30 minutes or so of vaping, your mouth does get a little dry but not overly so.

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Green M.Boro
Marlboro is another one of those "strong and full flavoured" cigarettes and it's also the reason it is so hugely popular around the world. Well ok.. maybe there is also the marketing and sponsorships that help too but it is definitely a full flavoured cigarette and again, the first couple of puffs are enjoyable for the most part. Marlboro Green is of course the menthol version of the marlboro cigarette and while I never really enjoyed menthol cigarettes as much as non-menthol when I was a smoker, I know what they taste like as well as coming to like the flavour of menthol/mint vape juices.

The first thing you notice when you start vaping this juice is that it has a very strong peanut flavour with a mellow and perfect mix of menthol. The taste of peanut is a little offputting because it isn't really what you expect from a Marlboro flavour, here is where the "continuing on, looking for a silver lining" part of the testing comes into play because after 10 to 15 minutes of vaping the menthol and tobacco flavours start to come into the foreground. It ends up being a mellow yet fully-falvoured vape with a satisfying throat hit and flavour that is very reminiscent of a rich nutty tobacco with mild menthol tones.

The vapour production on this juice is above average due to the addition of menthol. Menthol tends to increase the production of vapour for some reason, I'm not a flavour expert or a chemist but whenever I have menthol based vapes, the amount of vapour is always greater. I have been really impressed by this flavour so far and it is only that initial few draws where it tastes too nutty and the amount of mouth drying (though not overly so) that detracts from the overall experience. Once you get going with the flavour though, it is a tough one to beat for an authentic, full-flavoured menthol tobacco flavour.

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Green Tea
When I was contacted by HG to do some reviews, I made a point of asking for flavours that were both common and uncommon so that the uncommon flavours would get a chance to be tried out and possibly find some great flavours that, due to being uncommon, get passed over by people who don't want to waste money on flavours that they might not like. Green Tea falls into this category but it's a known flavour in terms of what it is as a drink, so I thought I would use it as my first uncommon flavour to try out. At the time, there was no 11mg available for shipping (there was higher strength though but I have just got myself down below 18mg juices recently so I didn't want higher) so I opted for 6mg instead.

The aroma of the juice while it is still in the bottle is an exact replica of a slightly sweet, green tea fraqrance (though with a hint of black/red tea.. as all tea has a tea-like fragrance), which led me to assume that it would be strong flavour. However upon vaping the juice it becomes immediately apparent that this is a much more mellow and mild flavour than the fragrance. That is not to say it is a weak flavour, not at all; the flavour is strong but mellow like a perfectly brewed pot of green tea.. as in, not over steeped. If it were a Black (Red) Tea, then perhaps a less mellow flavour would be better but this is green tea.

One thing I am noticing with this flavour is that it is a lot sweeter than I would have expected. It's like the difference between a cup of green tea that you have in a Chinese restaurant and the ice green tea you buy in bottles from convenience stores. The juice flavour is of the latter type where it is still quite clearly green tea flavoured but has some naturally sweet additives to make it more pleasant, at least to western tastebuds. I wouldn't call it Jasmine Green Tea but more of a generic green tea but perhaps that is because of the sweetness. The sweetness seems to be a combination of Honey and some fruit.. possibly kiwi, lychee or other similar fruit; neither of which overpower the base green tea flavour itself.

The 6mg version of this is obviously a lot less throat hit but, surprisingly, it doesn't feel like I am vaping air as I can still feel a little bit of a throat hit there though it is hardly noticeable. Vapour production is on average with other juices, producing a satisfying amount of vapour on both short and long draws. This is definitely a flavour that could be vaped all day without becoming too overpowering in sweetness or flavour, though a person vaping it would definitely need to be someone that likes sweet-ish flavours rather than unsweetened. After vaping for a short time, the mouth does get a little dry but not overly so.

Last edited:

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
5*5

I've been trying to work out how to describe this flavour. Every day I vape it a little more and find it to be an extremely satisfying tobacco flavour but the description of the flavour has continually eluded me. When you think of 555/State Express, you generally think of the peanut flavour that you get from the Dekang/Hangsen varieties and all of the copies of that same flavour from the other juice manufacturers. 555 ejuice has become synonymous with this "nutty tobacco" flavour for every manufacturer I have tried juice from.

The HG variety of 555 (named 5*5) is actually nothing like that at all. Having actually smoked 555's myself, in China, I know that they do not taste like peanut. They certainly do have a unique flavour, which is why they are popular in China but it's certainly not nutty. Is the HG 5*5 juice the same as the 555 cigarettes in China? Well, it's been way too long since I have smoked a 555 cigarette for me to really say but it certainly has a unique flavour. And an enjoyable flavour at that.

I guess the best description would be that it has the not-to-sweetness and malty burnt tone of "brown sugar" mixed with a tarty but not-sweet tone of "blackberry" or maybe unsweetened liquorice. As with most of the HG tobacco flavours, the vape starts off with one of the flavours being quite heavy and dense but then, over time, all of the flavours start to balance out and harmonise into a dynamic mix of flavours. 5*5 is certainly no different in this regard as when you first vape it, it does have that malty brown sugar tone in the foreground and then as you continue to vape it, that tone drops back into the middle ground and all the other flavours merge into the middle as well.

What you end up with is a cigar-like vape that has a malty and tarty tone. After a while, you start to not notice the little bit of sweetness that there is and the malty tobacco flavour becomes bold and strong. You really do need to give this one a good go and not stop after the first few draws because it is certainly not what I was expecting. I was expecting the nutty tobacco flavour of course but I have grown to really enjoy this unique flavour as much as I enjoy the Green M.boro flavour.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
5*5

I've been trying to work out how to describe this flavour. Every day I vape it a little more and find it to be an extremely satisfying tobacco flavour but the description of the flavour has continually eluded me. When you think of 555/State Express, you generally think of the peanut flavour that you get from the Dekang/Hangsen varieties and all of the copies of that same flavour from the other juice manufacturers. 555 ejuice has become synonymous with this "nutty tobacco" flavour for every manufacturer I have tried juice from.

The HG variety of 555 (named 5*5) is actually nothing like that at all. Having actually smoked 555's myself, in China, I know that they do not taste like peanut. They certainly do have a unique flavour, which is why they are popular in China but it's certainly not nutty. Is the HG 5*5 juice the same as the 555 cigarettes in China? Well, it's been way too long since I have smoked a 555 cigarette for me to really say but it certainly has a unique flavour. And an enjoyable flavour at that.

I guess the best description would be that it has the not-to-sweetness and malty burnt tone of "brown sugar" mixed with a tarty but not-sweet tone of "blackberry" or maybe unsweetened liquorice. As with most of the HG tobacco flavours, the vape starts off with one of the flavours being quite heavy and dense but then, over time, all of the flavours start to balance out and harmonise into a dynamic mix of flavours. 5*5 is certainly no different in this regard as when you first vape it, it does have that malty brown sugar tone in the foreground and then as you continue to vape it, that tone drops back into the middle ground and all the other flavours merge into the middle as well.

What you end up with is a cigar-like vape that has a malty and tarty tone. After a while, you start to not notice the little bit of sweetness that there is and the malty tobacco flavour becomes bold and strong. You really do need to give this one a good go and not stop after the first few draws because it is certainly not what I was expecting. I was expecting the nutty tobacco flavour of course but I have grown to really enjoy this unique flavour as much as I enjoy the Green M.boro flavour.

HG offers Dekang 5*5 and their own HG 5*5. Which one did you get?

TIA

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
Thanks for the question!

The HG one, none of the ones I am reviewing are Dekang. They're all the HG ones. :)

Thanks Light! With that being the case, Wayne at HG told me that one of his customers made a comment to him that the HG 5*5 reminded them of the Original(lost) RY4... Did you ever try the lost Original Dekang RY4? If so how does this compare?

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Unfortunately I've never sampled that.. only the current RY4, which in my view tastes more like mildy burnt sugar candy (that sugar candy/toffee you bake at home in a tray using sugar and gelatine)... I suppose it's possible it could be, since what I am getting is a "malty brown sugar" flavour, which is similar (but not the same) as a burnt sugar candy/toffee taste I guess.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
Hrmm.. thought I replied to this yesterday, sorry about that. I remember writing in the info but I must have forgot to click to post the reply. Anyway, there is none of that stuff in the ingredients.. :)

Thanks for checking Light :) It's certainly something I don't want to be inhaling intentionally. Think I might try out a couple seeing as they've got a sale on.

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Menthol
Yes.. menthol.. what can be said about menthol? Unless you've tried menthol in ejuice varieties, it is really hard to know what the differences between the different menthol varieties there are out there. There's only a few times I have actually encountered a menthol juice that tastes like a menthol cigarette but most of the time it is either more of a strong mint or a really strong medicated menthol taste. I don't particularly like the latter because it reminds me of the menthol chest rub, or some sports rubs for aching muscles, I used to put on as a kid when I had a cold or flu.

The other end of the spectrum of course is the strong mint and it is kind of not really right to be calling a strong mint, menthol. So what is the HG Menthol like? Well it seems to be a good balance of the two. It's certainly got that medicated menthol taste (ala menthol crystals), no doubt about it.. I can taste it but at the same time, it has that slightly sweet minty freshness found in the strong mint varieties. On its own, it is really quite strong and for a menthol lover it probably isn't as strong as they are used to but it is not too over the top that a nonlover can still enjoy.

I've been mixing it with tobacco flavours as well and it does a very good job of blending the two together. The most recent blend I made was with the HG MLB Virginia and it turned that flavour into an almost mentholated tobacco flavour. The great thing about doing it this way is that you can pick your favourite tobacco flavour and then add as much or as little menthol to it as you like. And because it isn't the medicated taste variety, it doesn't fully engulf the tobacco dynamic and seems to smooth out some aspects while highlighting others in the tobacco juice.

One ingredient which may be giving this Menthol a particularly nice and slightly sweet flavour is called: Citral. Citral is present in a variety of plants with the majority of those plants having lemon fragrance and is often used in perfumery for a citrus effect. The lemon of course isn't overly sweet like an orange would be and tends to really enhance the menthol qualities of the juice.

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Thanks for checking Light :) It's certainly something I don't want to be inhaling intentionally. Think I might try out a couple seeing as they've got a sale on.

I have found one of the other juices I was about to try, the "Yunyan" flavour does contain Butanedione. What is the problem with this substance?

Ahh.. here we go:

Inhalation: Causes respiratory tract irritation. May cause lung damage. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Harmful if inhaled. Inhalation of vapors may cause drowsiness and dizziness. High exposure to butanedione may cause headache, drowsiness, lack of coordination and seizures. May cause a feeling of tightness in the chest.

Right.. so in the bin that one goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread