Oh, Very Funny You Lot.
baby.jpg
Take that! Hah

speedydave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Bappo, I didn't know you rode bikes. I see the panniers, but I can't tell what bike that is. BMW? Strom? S10?

Tail light/turn signals are definitely not BMW, but the exhaust is on the correct side for a BMW. 'Strom exhaust would be on the right for the 650, dual pipes for the 1000.

The tail light/turn signals are screaming 'Yamaha!' at me. Super Tenere?

(I work in the industry. I may have a slightly unfair advantage here. :p)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
David, I work with a guy who is originally from Pakistan (he's been in America most of his life, however). He said he's Indian. Is that the primary make-up of Pakistani's? He's Muslim but doesn't really practice. Is religion why Pakistan exists? I know there are lots of Muslim and Hindu in India.

Educate me. I like learning about that sort of thing.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
When India freed itself from the British yoke back in 1947, it also led to the partition of India and Pakistan. There was a lot of history of bad-blood between the Hindus and the Muslims and that eventually led to the creation of two separate "states" with Pakistan being predominantly Muslim and India being predominantly Hindu. It was a choice for whoever wished to "move" to the newly created state of Pakistan, and a lot of Muslim Indians chose to stay where they already were. Hindu-Muslim riots continue in India even to this day, with various religious factions taking every opportunity to fight with each other. I've experienced some of these riots first hand, and as with any religious conflicts, it sometimes does not matter if you've known the person all your life. The fact that they do not belong to your belief structure automatically makes them your enemy. It's quite sad actually!

Bottom line, all Pakistani's are just relocated Indians.

Last edited:

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
When India freed itself from the British yoke back in 1947, it also led to the partition of India and Pakistan. There was a lot of history of bad-blood between the Hindus and the Muslims and that eventually led to the creation of two separate "states" with Pakistan being predominantly Muslim and India being predominantly Hindu. It was a choice for whoever wished to "move" to the newly created state of Pakistan, and a lot of Muslim Indians chose to stay where they already were. Hindu-Muslim riots continue in India even to this day, with various religious factions taking every opportunity to fight with each other. I've experienced some of these riots first hand, and as with any religious conflicts, it sometimes does not matter if you've know the person all your life. The fact that they do not belong to your belief structure automatically makes them your enemy. It's quite sad actually!

Is that why the Muslim Indians were attacked by the Hindu Indians (or was it the other way around, not sure) in Slumdog Millionaire toward the beginning of the movie? The riot that killed the main star's and his brother's mother? So sad, but such a great movie.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Is that why the Muslim Indians were attacked by the Hindu Indians (or was it the other way around, not sure) in Slumdog Millionaire toward the beginning of the movie? The riot that killed the main star's and his brother's mother? So sad, but such a great movie.

Haven't seen that movie actually, but that is a very familiar sounding scenario! The Hindus want the Muslims out, and is the cause for constant dissension within the two groups. I may be from Bollywood, but don't really care much for it's outpourings.. I've always preferred Hollywood to Bollywood.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
When India freed itself from the British yoke back in 1947, it also led to the partition of India and Pakistan. There was a lot of history of bad-blood between the Hindus and the Muslims and that eventually led to the creation of two separate "states" with Pakistan being predominantly Muslim and India being predominantly Hindu. It was a choice for whoever wished to "move" to the newly created state of Pakistan, and a lot of Muslim Indians chose to stay where they already were. Hindu-Muslim riots continue in India even to this day, with various religious factions taking every opportunity to fight with each other. I've experienced some of these riots first hand, and as with any religious conflicts, it sometimes does not matter if you've known the person all your life. The fact that they do not belong to your belief structure automatically makes them your enemy. It's quite sad actually!

Was Mahatma Gandhi in favor of a separate Pakistan? I know he spent his life trying to break away from the Brits and to establish peace between the Hindus and Muslims. I think he died around the time you speak and I guess this is a part of Gandhi's life I don't know about.

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Oh but Dusty, it's sucha great movie, and I love foreign films, and it's one of my top two (other being Motorcycle Diaries).

Ok my mug shots:

Honeymoon in Hawaii 5 years or so ago:
View attachment 181543

And more recently my family:
View attachment 181544

Such a great movie! And good looking family!

I'd say my favorite is The Kite Runner, of course the book was better, but they did a great job with the movie.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Was Mahatma Gandhi in favor of a separate Pakistan? I know he spent his life trying to break away from the Brits and to establish peace between the Hindus and Muslims. I think he died around the time you speak and I guess this is a part of Gandhi's life I don't know about.

I think this sums up the "Father of the Nation's" thoughts on the subject: "My whole soul rebels against the idea that Hinduism and Islam represent two antagonistic cultures and doctrines. To assent to such a doctrine is for me a denial of God."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread