Heavenly army mug shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bappo

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2012
Idaho
Bappo, I didn't know you rode bikes. I see the panniers, but I can't tell what bike that is. BMW? Strom? S10?

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere (S10). Love it. Trip was from Idaho to the Yukon for a week of dirt/gravel/pavement riding all over including Alaska. Then across Canada to the cabin in the UP of Michigan then back home on backroads. 8500 miles in total and hammock camped most of the time (except at cabin of course). And yes I'm on ADVrider. Will go to Arizona by way of the WA, OR, CA coast this spring, and then a trip to Ouray CO end of June. I love 650 - 700 mile days on that thing.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think this sums up the "Father of the Nation's" thoughts on the subject: "My whole soul rebels against the idea that Hinduism and Islam represent two antagonistic cultures and doctrines. To assent to such a doctrine is for me a denial of God."

Not all his dreams were realized. Hardly.

speedydave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere (S10). Love it. Trip was from Idaho to the Yukon for a week of dirt/gravel/pavement riding all over including Alaska. Then across Canada to the cabin in the UP of Michigan then back home on backroads. 8500 miles in total and hammock camped most of the time (except at cabin of course). And yes I'm on ADVrider. Will go to Arizona by way of the WA, OR, CA coast this spring, and then a trip to Ouray CO end of June. I love 650 - 700 mile days on that thing.

Just picked up on the S10 thing. I thought it was some kind of joke about it being a small truck like a Chevy S10. Kinda like the joke about the LT in the BMW K1200LT standing for "Light Truck." I threw a leg over the Super Tenere at the rental place down the street from my work. It felt really light for a big bore adventure bike. Haven't ridden one, though.

How far into CA are you planning on going? I've taken the coastal route from Waldport, OR to SF, CA. Stunning scenery and some of the best roads I've ever been on. In the spirit of this thread, here's a pic of me at the Chandelier Tree in Leggett, CA on my first OR-CA coastal trip.

chandelier_tree.jpg

Last edited:

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'll watch motorcycle diaries and you watch kite runner and we'll check back in after we do. Probably take me a few weeks.

Deal?

Deal! Now where's that Netflix account....cancelled....RedBox? Hmm not likely. Guess I'll have to re-up Netflix!

bappo

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2012
Idaho
Can't tell what bike that is Speedy. I dunno on specifics on about any ride; just kinda go with the flow. A day over to Olympia then down the OR coast into CA. I rode all around Crescent City and Eureka a few years ago but will do that again. Spent time in the Redwoods last trip. Prolly will ride down south to somewhere north of LA and then turn east into Sequoia and then to Sedona Arizona the Grand Canyon and then home. Maybe just over a week or so.

amyc75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Connecticut
I've been thinking of getting a proper "grown up" hair cut, but I always chuck the idea based on time constraints. I figure I have the rest of my life to hack it off if I choose to. I'm more of a long hair kind of girl. If I can find it I'll post the photo of me with my inch long Halle Berry hair a few years back. Kind of scary.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've been thinking of getting a proper "grown up" hair cut, but I always chuck the idea based on time constraints. I figure I have the rest of my life to hack it off if I choose to. I'm more of a long hair kind of girl. If I can find it I'll post the photo of me with my inch long Halle Berry hair a few years back. Kind of scary.

I have advocated for a law that bans all females from having hair any shorter than waist length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread