Heavens Gift New Manual Button Switch On 801 Pen Style Manual USB PT (New Product) Quick Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Quick Text Initial Review On Heavens Gift New Manual Button Switch On 801 Pen Style Manual USB PT (New Product)

My Heavens Gift 801 Pen Style (New Product) Manual USB PT Just Came In & I Fired It Up! Quick Review:

Heres What I Have:

- Heavens Gift 801 Pen Style Manual USB PT (New Model) - Matt Black Finish, Looks Good!
- Nice Black Matt Finish
- Stamped SLB, Serial # & 08 On Brass Connector
- Standard USB Connector, It Put Out 4 Volts To The Atom & Not 5 Volts
- Black Color 5 Foot, Medium Type Cord, USB Connector Looks & Feels Good (5 Foot Is Great)
- Blue LED at The Ash Cap, Looks Like Standard USB Ash Cap Set Up So Use Care
- New Manual Switch Button, Similar To Janty's Manual Switch But Hard Plastic, A little Play In The Switch (Normal), Low Profile, Light Easy Press & vape Great!
- The 5 Second Cut Off is There. But For You Long Draggers, Just Push In & Out Every Few Seconds It Will Not Cut Off (Play With it U Will See), I Tried That Like 5 Times, So Results May Vary, I Do Not Drag for More Then 3 to 4 Seconds Anyways.
- The USB PT Worked Fine On My Computer, Lap Top, AC to DC 5 Volt 1000 mA Power Pack and My 5 Volt 1000 mAh Battery Powered Packs as Well.
- Quality & Build Appears Like BestEcigs USB PT's Model, Clean, No Apparent Flaws, Good Finish

FYI: The Power Connector Puts Out 4 Volts (On Meter), So it Does Have A Voltage Drop Built In It. Vapes Great Though!

Is It Worth $9.00 plus S&H? I Thinks So, But I Have Only Had It 30 Minutes Or So, It Looks Good, I Love The Manual Button. I Can Give It A Thumbs Up At This Time Only :thumb:

I Shall Use It and See In Time. :D

Here's The Link To Check It Out

index.php
188.jpg

1810 Hours Update: I Went For A Spin In My Car, I Took It Along To Try It With A Few Different USB Car Cigarette Lighter Adapters: It Worked Great, I Used A 800 mAh & 1000 mAh Adapters, I Prefer The 1000 mAh, The 800 mAh Dimmed The LED On The Adapter and Did Not vape As Well.

I Will Be Taking My Auto 801 USB PT's Out Of My Vehicles & Will Be Putting These Manual Babys In! I Had The AC Blowing & I Was vaping Some Clouds Up! I Can't Do That With The Auto PT!!!

Again The Quality Is To Be Seen In Time. As We Know The Weak Points Or Parts That Always Break Are The Switch and The Wire Going Through The Ash. But We Should Not Be Having Any Drippings Clogging It Up Since It Is A Manual. FYI To Those That Did Not Notice The Center Post Does Have A Full Air Hole In The Middle Of It. Time Will Tell, But For $9.00 Were Off To A Great Start!

Next Week I Should Have My PureSmoker Prodigy & New USB PT's, I Had PS Change My Order To A 5 Foot Cables As Well, I Again Like The Length.

~Keep Vapin~!

Last edited:

boxhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Chico, california
:) well i was going to put a switch on my pass thru but you beat me to it, ordering one as soon as i get paid:)
and how is it on a car adaptor? the usb car adaptors i have ( vaporguys, ipod) dose not have enough power to make vapor just power to light the led and even when i blow/suck to by pass the cutoff i gets no heat just blinking led...:(

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
:) well i was going to put a switch on my pass thru but you beat me to it, ordering one as soon as i get paid:)
and how is it on a car adaptor? the usb car adaptors i have ( vaporguys, ipod) dose not have enough power to make vapor just power to light the led and even when i blow/suck to by pass the cutoff i gets no heat just blinking led...:(

I Just Updated The Review, Look Below The Pic for The Car USB Adapter & Vape Results, U Will Like It! Always Use A 5 Volt 1000 mAh Adapter And You Won't Have To Play Games Or Have Issues. :D

You Know, There Is Nothing Wrong With Making Your Own USB Manual Switch PT, Its Probably The Easiest Of The Mods & Fun Too! I Have Made Several Manual 5 Volt USB PT's, But I Want A Tiny Heavy Duty Switch Which Have To Be Hunted Down, The Cell Shack Switches Are Crap & Just Burn Up...:D

~Keep Vapin~!

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    I have to wonder why there is a cut-off time if this is a manual device. Also puzzled that the atomizer connector has a hole in it.

Good catch! Although my 510 PT has the hole, it's just sealed from the inside, like the manual batts are..

That would be *incredibly* cheesy if it's a manual switch but not sealed...

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA
    Good catch! Although my 510 PT has the hole, it's just sealed from the inside, like the manual batts are..

That would be *incredibly* cheesy if it's a manual switch but not sealed...

Yes, Maybe a Dab of Silicone...

But There Is No Auto Switch to getting wet. I think it will survive get wet longer anyways, unless it shorts out....

I am still on it, still working great after around 400 presses! LOL!!!

~Keep Vapin~!

Last edited:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA
    Review Update June 18 2009: My USB Manual PT is Dead! :mad:

Unfortunately My Favorite 810 USB PT with Blue LED & Manual Push Button Switch from Heavens Gift is Dead & Beyond Normal Repair.... :nah:

What does the Non-Functioning / Non-Vaping USB PT Now Does: Plug it in and it blinks 4 times (normal), then a few dim blinks and heats the atom without touching the manual button! But it will immediately shut down on safety circuit until unplugged & replugged in to reset, then repeats the above. It No Longer Works! :nah:

FYI: The Manual Switch Is Still Intact, Clicky & Still Appears Normal. I do not drip, keep it clean and leave it stored upside (just in case of any drips) & unplugged when not in use. The unit is completely dry, together and looks completely functional. Too bad its dead...

Thats the reason for the built in 5 second safety cut off (the only working function)! 8-o

The Heavens Gift / Ruyans Direct New Style Manual Switch USB PT's with LED are Now On My Crap List. :nah:

I am bummed! Hoping for my PureSmoker Manual PT to arrive soon! :cool:

~Keep Vapin~!

Quick Text Initial Review On Heavens Gift New Manual Button Switch On 801 Pen Style Manual USB PT (New Product)

My Heavens Gift 801 Pen Style (New Product) Manual USB PT Just Came In & I Fired It Up! Quick Review:

Heres What I Have:

- Heavens Gift 801 Pen Style Manual USB PT (New Model) - Matt Black Finish, Looks Good!
    - Nice Black Matt Finish
    - Stamped SLB, Serial # & 08 On Brass Connector
    - Standard USB Connector, It Put Out 4 Volts To The Atom & Not 5 Volts
    - Black Color 5 Foot, Medium Type Cord, USB Connector Looks & Feels Good (5 Foot Is Great)
    - Blue LED at The Ash Cap, Looks Like Standard USB Ash Cap Set Up So Use Care
    - New Manual Switch Button, Similar To Janty's Manual Switch But Hard Plastic, A little Play In The Switch (Normal), Low Profile, Light Easy Press & Vape Great!
    - The 5 Second Cut Off is There. But For You Long Draggers, Just Push In & Out Every Few Seconds It Will Not Cut Off (Play With it U Will See), I Tried That Like 5 Times, So Results May Vary, I Do Not Drag for More Then 3 to 4 Seconds Anyways.
    - The USB PT Worked Fine On My Computer, Lap Top, AC to DC 5 Volt 1000 mA Power Pack and My 5 Volt 1000 mAh Battery Powered Packs as Well.
    - Quality & Build Appears Like BestEcigs USB PT's Model, Clean, No Apparent Flaws, Good Finish

FYI: The Power Connector Puts Out 4 Volts (On Meter), So it Does Have A Voltage Drop Built In It. Vapes Great Though!

Is It Worth $9.00 plus S&H? I Thinks So, But I Have Only Had It 30 Minutes Or So, It Looks Good, I Love The Manual Button. I Can Give It A Thumbs Up At This Time Only :thumb:

I Shall Use It and See In Time. :D

Here's The Link To Check It Out

index.php
    188.jpg

1810 Hours Update: I Went For A Spin In My Car, I Took It Along To Try It With A Few Different USB Car Cigarette Lighter Adapters: It Worked Great, I Used A 800 mAh & 1000 mAh Adapters, I Prefer The 1000 mAh, The 800 mAh Dimmed The LED On The Adapter and Did Not Vape As Well.

I Will Be Taking My Auto 801 USB PT's Out Of My Vehicles & Will Be Putting These Manual Babys In! I Had The AC Blowing & I Was Vaping Some Clouds Up! I Can't Do That With The Auto PT!!!

Again The Quality Is To Be Seen In Time. As We Know The Weak Points Or Parts That Always Break Are The Switch and The Wire Going Through The Ash. But We Should Not Be Having Any Drippings Clogging It Up Since It Is A Manual. FYI To Those That Did Not Notice The Center Post Does Have A Full Air Hole In The Middle Of It. Time Will Tell, But For $9.00 Were Off To A Great Start!

Next Week I Should Have My PureSmoker Prodigy & New USB PT's, I Had PS Change My Order To A 5 Foot Cables As Well, I Again Like The Length.

~Keep Vapin~!

Last edited:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA
    I just go the 901 switch from heavens gifts and my guess is that they took a bunch dead batteries and converted them into manuals. I.E. all the people in the classifieds looking to buy your dead batteries.

Just a guess but it looks like the batteries that I own with my 901 with a usb conversion.

No, No, I would disagree with that. Thats not true and can't even imagine that from a large company.

~Keep Vapin~!

Last edited:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA

Well u can save your money and don't get the USB PT from HG.

I did not get any car or AC to DC from them. But VaporGuys is A Great Company.

But whatever one you buy (USB Car or AC to DC Adapter), be sure to get one that Outputs 5 Volts and 1.0 A Output. :D

~Keep Vapin~!

Last edited:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA
    Quick update: I shot an email over to them about my USB PT, and only asked if they had any issues with them. They responded back with a full refund and asked to send it back them cheapest way possible...

Anyways they also say the 1st batch of the new manual switch PT's were not tested prior to (I guess they usually test them?) and that they will have the new batches that will be fully tested by the factory before shipping, so that will be soon!

I will just order a few more when I get the arrival notice.

So I can say that the customer service @ Heavens Gift is Da Bomb!

So don't hesitate to order from RuyanDirect them because they really do back up their products!

~Keep Vapin~!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread