heavier hit/more vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost147

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Waco TX
Ok i've got a 901 using a push button battery and a 50pg/50vg doubler from tastyvapor.us. my vaping is inconsistent. sometimes the hits are good and heavy but rare, sometimes they are rather weak. most of the time they are just soso. how can i get more vapor? is it the mixture of the juice? the ecig it's self, something im doing wrong? any advice? if i could just get those real good heavy thick hits off of it every time i'd be one happy camper.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Batteries are the single biggest factor in getting the best throat hit/ vapor. It is difficult for the cig looking batteries to produce a consistent hit because they can only hold so much charge and production starts to drop immediately after the first button push. A unit with a higher capacity battery is key to getting a consistent hit. There are a ton of 3.7v units that have longer lasting batteries that will get you thrugh a who day with tons of hit and vapor.

In no particular order look at: (not an all inclusive list)

Chuck
Janty Stick
Janty eGo
Juice Box
Prodigy
Protege
Silver Bullet

etc, etc............

AshHole

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Pinellas County, Fl
Elendil is right! I just got my first "big batt mod" (an Xhaler BTW)
and my family is joking they cant walk through the house - they feel like they are in a fog...If I was pleased with vaping before my mod, I am ecstatic now.

But another consideration for throat lung hit is juice/nicotine level as well as flavors.
No (0) nic never has a throat hit for me.

Even with nicotine, I have some juices that have no "hit" but lotsa vapor and flavor and some the other way around, and some that are "just right"

...and then Goldilocks went to the bedroom...

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
hmm so what about some sort of battery mod mabey for my 901? i can't really afford a whole new pv right now.

Dude if you cant afford a pv you sure cant afford a mod. I have to tell ya I absolutely hated my 901. I had the same problems that you describe with inconsistant hits and it didnt matter if the batt was fully charged or not. For me I switched to a 510 and no more probs, I love it. However the cheapest way I found to get enjoyment and a good consistant hit from my 901 is on a Pass Through, they cost from 10-15 dollars and work on 5v only drawback is you have to use USB for them to work.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
hmm so what about some sort of battery mod mabey for my 901? i can't really afford a whole new pv right now.

The least expensive to get 'there' (short of making your own nicostick) would be to get this:

Bartleby
...For $50

Suggestions for the Bart.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/video-reviews/43943-bartleby-pv-review-6.html#post732483

You could have cybervex make it in your 901 so you can use your attys/carts but highly suggest considering the 510 and getting a few 510 attys and a 510 to 901 adapter to use your stuff and cartomizers if you want to use them.

The adapter is $1.99 at heavens gifts, $6 something at altsmoke.

AaronCooper

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
UK
My 901 gives pretty damn good performance throughout it's battery life (excluding the last 5 or so hits where you can tell it's near out). Have you tried dripping?

I think everyone with a standard e-cig will always have 'wants', as i myself am very happy but would like to go for 6v for a shorter draw, but my 901 is more than sufficient.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
My 901 gives pretty damn good performance throughout it's battery life (excluding the last 5 or so hits where you can tell it's near out). Have you tried dripping?

I think everyone with a standard e-cig will always have 'wants', as i myself am very happy but would like to go for 6v for a shorter draw, but my 901 is more than sufficient.

This is what I dont get. Some people really like the 901 and when I got it to work right it was good, my problem was it was spotty at best and dripping forget it. It was terrible I got batts from more than one vendor as well as attys because I thought I was doing something wrong or my hardware was sub par. I still use my 901 attys on a PT and love dripping that. My 510 is a vapor machine it puts out as much vapor at 3.7v as my 901 at 5v

AaronCooper

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
UK
not looking into buying a mod.but what about a xl battery?like the ones from vapor for life(xl kr808) would those give me better vapor then the regular ones?

The KR8 380mAh batterys do fit onto the 901 atty so it will work, not sure how much performance you will gain, but battery life will be longer that's for sure. I'm getting one sent to me sometime soon so i'll see how it goes.

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
You don't have to buy a mod. Look at the nicostick in the modders forum. $10 dollars or less. Skills needed are low especially if you are persistent. MadVapes LLC has their own version with directions and all the parts.

A soldering iron is necessary but that is the only unusual expense.

It works so much better than the stock batteries it isn't even funny.

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
If you're looking for more throat hit and more vapor, the simplest solution is to use an 801 or 510 atty instead of your 901.

Also, you aren't going to get any throat hit out of a doubler. They aren't meant to vape without mixing with his other juices that have nicotine in them. I usually buy 48mg juice and a doubler, mix 50/50 to get my 24mg. I get great throat hit and pretty good vapor from all of Geoff's stuff.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Of the devices I have used (a fairly small sampling of those available; and I've never tried the 901), the ones producing the greatest vapor have been (in approximate descending order):
  1. GreenCig cartomizers (on Kr8 batteries)
  2. the 510
  3. the DSE801 (penstyle) on a mod (Prodigy in my case)
  4. the M201 (penstyle)
  5. the 801 (with an adapter) on a Kr8 battery (especially the 380 mAh XL batt)
The ones with the greatest throat hit have been:
  1. the 801 on my Prodigy
  2. the M201
  3. the Kr8 cartomizer (on any Kr8 battery)
  4. the 801 on its own battery or on the Kr8 battery
[NOTE: I get virtually no throat hit from the 510 and GreenCig.]

My overall favorites (based also on other factors such as flavor) are the M201 and DSE801 (especially on the bigger batteries). However, I like to vape a lot (more than my body craves nicotine), so I often vape 0mg juice with my 510 or GreenCig.

The least expensive way to go (to optimize both vapor and throat hit without changing your current 901 atomizer) would be attaching it to that 380 mAh XL Kr8 battery (automatic or manual, each are $17.50 from Vapor4Life). Next would be modding your own NicoStick recommended by Wireguy. After that the $50 Bartleby recommended by Kent.

Other big battery mods, such as those recommended by Elendil, are all $80 (for the Janty eGO) on up. [Technically, the eGO is not a mod, since it has its own unique battery, rather than a battery housing for generic batteries.]

Elendil, where have you been?! You were such a major force here when I first joined, but I've not seen that neat avatar of yours for quite some time. Or have you been inhabiting ECF forums (or other forums) that I don't frequent?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread