Heavy hitter & dreamer 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooplex

Nov 22, 2020
Northern ireland
Hiya so I've basically just recently started getting into mech mods about a month ago and these are the two tubes I own as off now, see I thought I was doing everything right but I hear so many things and I keep thinking I'm cleaning it wrong and a short or something will happen, I want too avoid venting at all times idk how often I should vape my mech I would only smoke it for like 10 hits maybe 20 but like chain vape cause I'm very guilty of doing that lol... Then take the battery out and not touch it for another 30mins or so cause I'm scared off it blowing or something ‍♂️ so I was hoping maybe some of you experts could help me learn how to properly clean these mechs and properly use them safely as far as I'm aware I know my ohms law and battery safety well enough to be using a mech

- Thanks again
Dooplex

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Yes man... study a lot and use those calculators online to calculate amps draw....
make sure your batteries are authentic and enough to supply the power u need and ofc always leave some headroom don't play at the limits....

To clean you can use isopropyl alcohol...
But anyways study a lot first...cause if u do everything ok then u should feel scared and remove batteries like u say...
U can always use a regulated mod to be chilled safe :p
Take careeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....if u don't know exactly what u are doing just a small misscalculation or wrong use can be dangerous....

Dooplex

Nov 22, 2020
Northern ireland
At the end off the day I've ended up back on cigs... I hate regulated mods even though they are safer it's just something with tube mods I loved I know how to build my coils etc safely I don't exceed my limits at all. I'm a bit more confident with it now anyways its just properly cleaning the threads and such idk about.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    At the end off the day I've ended up back on cigs... I hate regulated mods even though they are safer it's just something with tube mods I loved I know how to build my coils etc safely I don't exceed my limits at all. I'm a bit more confident with it now anyways its just properly cleaning the threads and such idk about.

You went back to smoking cigarettes because you could not figure out how to clean threads? Or am I reading that wrong?

As far as I know, dirty threads aren't going to make your battery blow up and you don't have to clean the threads after every 20-30 pulls. Clean threads contribute to better conductivity and therefore smaller voltage drops.

You say you hate regulated mods, but you mean to tell me you hate them so much that you'd rather smoke cigarettes?

Last edited:

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain

What exactly do you hate about regulated mods?
    Some models even come in the form of a tube so it's like basically holding a mech mod.
    Me personally? Never using a mech mod,more of a safety issue than anything else.
    Not saying they are unsafe but i got to much on my mind at the moment,I get distracted easily so that is basically the reason i just use regulated mods.

But going back to cigs? dude you gotta give yourself some time,i mean you got a lot of options and trust me (2 year vaper without one cigarette) it's totally worth it.
    Your body will thank you for it,breathe better,foods tastes better,no morning coughs and the list of pros that comes with quitting cigarettes is long and distinguished.

You went back to smoking cigarettes because you could not figure out how to clean threads? Or am I reading that wrong?

As far as I know, dirty threads aren't going to make your battery blow up and you don't have to clean the threads after every 20-30 pulls.

You say you hate regulated mods, but you mean to tell me you hate them so much that you'd rather smoke cigarettes?

Exactly.
    If you're looking for a mod that is regulated but 'looks'' like a mech mod there is people here that can help you in finding what you need.
    Maybe it's an electronic type of thing,do you not like the menu system of regulated mods or is it something else?

Reactions: Dooplex

Dooplex

Nov 22, 2020
    Northern ireland

As far as I know, dirty threads aren't going to make your battery blow up and you don't have to clean the threads after every 20-30 pulls. Clean threads contribute to better conductivity and therefore smaller voltage drops.

No I went back to cigs because of yes one I hate regulated mods and 2. It seemed I got into a issue which I believe was a pg allergy and didn't know my way around that my whole hand and arm was covered in these red spots when I vaped. It wasn't strong enough too keep me off the cigs I went a month then broke. I guess I needed to raise the mg

Dooplex

Nov 22, 2020
    Northern ireland
    What exactly do you hate about regulated mods?
    Some models even come in the form of a tube so it's like basically holding a mech mod.
    Me personally? Never using a mech mod,more of a safety issue than anything else.
    Not saying they are unsafe but i got to much on my mind at the moment,I get distracted easily so that is basically the reason i just use regulated mods.

But going back to cigs? dude you gotta give yourself some time,i mean you got a lot of options and trust me (2 year vaper without one cigarette) it's totally worth it.
    Your body will thank you for it,breathe better,foods tastes better,no morning coughs and the list of pros that comes with quitting cigarettes is long and distinguished.

Exactly.
    If you're looking for a mod that is regulated but 'looks'' like a mech mod there is people here that can help you in finding what you need.
    Maybe it's an electronic type of thing,do you not like the menu system of regulated mods or is it something else?
    It's the look man, I love the buttons and such on a mech tube if you get me it's a preference thing I suppose, I've spent alot of money of mods over the years I've owned lots of regulated mods and the tubes were By Far the best and most satisfying vape I've ever had, they hit different and the buttons are just so nice but when I was learning about them etc I was always told about cleaning them constantly or something could happen... Like it had something to do with cleaning threads or something I forget this post was made a while ago. That's why I wanted to ask experts but now I just look stupid I suppose

ligyron

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2014
    Lake Worth, FL
    Smoking is every bit as dangerous, if not way more so than using a mech. I'm hitting my ancient, starting to give me trouble, Reo mainly because I've gone through 8 or maybe even ten regulated devises that just died on me while my mech just kept going strong until very recently. In fact, I'm here for the first time in awhile because I need a new mech with my Reo giving me issues since Rob's out of the biz last I heard.

Dooplex

Nov 22, 2020
    Northern ireland
    Smoking is every bit as dangerous, if not way more so than using a mech. I'm hitting my ancient, starting to give me trouble, Reo mainly because I've gone through 8 or maybe even ten regulated devises that just died on me while my mech just kept going strong until very recently. In fact, I'm here for the first time in awhile because I need a new mech with my Reo giving me issues since Rob's out of the biz last I heard.
    I've never came across a issue with my mechs yet. I always built with great caution etc it's just knowing in the back off my mind something could go wrong if ya get me but they are so so nice and fun to use, I get what the other guy meant buy better taste no coughing etc, I regret going back to cigs cause my taste has gone to rubbish recently again but idk

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    No I went back to cigs because of yes one I hate regulated mods and 2. It seemed I got into a issue which I believe was a pg allergy and didn't know my way around that my whole hand and arm was covered in these red spots when I vaped.

Then you have to try max VG (not "mg") juices. If that doesn't work then you'll have to find/try 100% VG juices.

Dooplex

Nov 22, 2020
    Northern ireland
    Then you have to try max VG (not "mg") juices. If that doesn't work then you'll have to find/try 100% VG juices.
    Yeah I know, I tried finding max vg juices that actually seem nice but no luck. People told me to just start making my own but I wouldn't have a clue how too. 100% vg juices isn't that nice I heard either. And nah I would need a bit more mg imo too, 3mg is kinda weak

Reactions: Javichu

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    It's the look man, I love the buttons and such on a mech tube if you get me it's a preference thing I suppose, I've spent alot of money of mods over the years I've owned lots of regulated mods and the tubes were By Far the best and most satisfying vape I've ever had, they hit different and the buttons are just so nice but when I was learning about them etc I was always told about cleaning them constantly or something could happen... Like it had something to do with cleaning threads or something I forget this post was made a while ago. That's why I wanted to ask experts but now I just look stupid I suppose

Nah man,you don't look stupid,just a bit lost.

Look I'm going to be honest with you.

If back in the day when i smoked cigarettes i would have known how much my life and health would improve if i vaped i wouldn't really care what the vaping device would look like.

The mod could literally look like this:

13854310.jpg

And yes i would still be using it as a way to stop smoking cigarettes.

And yeah about getting the sweet spot,that happened to all of us when we started vaping,took a lot of tries,different mods,atomizers,coils,cotton to finally reach ones desired sweet spot and even to this day i still struggle once in a while (mostly with ohm on coils)

But never have i thought about going back to cigs,just isn't worth it.

Bottom line don't be afraid to ask for help here,been here less than a year and the people here are literally my second family,they have been there for me when i needed vape related advice and when life got rough they were also there.

So toss the pack of smokes out the window and give it another try buddy.

cheers

Yeah I know, I tried finding max vg juices that actually seem nice but no luck. People told me to just start making my own but I wouldn't have a clue how too. 100% vg juices isn't that nice I heard either. And nah I would need a bit more mg imo too, 3mg is kinda weak

For e-liquid and DIY give this thread a try:

Random DIY mixing and More

Lot of helpful folks around to give you a hand and see if they can get you started on your DIY voyage.

Dooplex

Nov 22, 2020
    Northern ireland
    Nah man,you don't look stupid,just a bit lost.

Look I'm going to be honest with you.

If back in the day when i smoked cigarettes i would have known how much my life and health would improve if i vaped i wouldn't really care what the vaping device would look like.

The mod could literally look like this:

View attachment 922265

And yes i would still be using it as a way to stop smoking cigarettes.

And yeah about getting the sweet spot,that happened to all of us when we started vaping,took a lot of tries,different mods,atomizers,coils,cotton to finally reach ones desired sweet spot and even to this day i still struggle once in a while (mostly with ohm on coils)

But never have i thought about going back to cigs,just isn't worth it.

Bottom line don't be afraid to ask for help here,been here less than a year and the people here are literally my second family,they have been there for me when i needed vape related advice and when life got rough they were also there.

So toss the pack of smokes out the window and give it another try buddy.

cheers

For e-liquid and DIY give this thread a try:

Random DIY mixing and More

Lot of helpful folks around to give you a hand and see if they can get you started on your DIY voyage.
    Alright man ill give it another go ☺️, I'll get too building a coil now for it ahah it's been a while. But I still remember how to do all of that safely. It's just I haven't cleaned threads etc in over 3 or 4 weeks so would that be safe or am I just be paranoid and stupid?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

You have a lot to learn, which is OK because that's what this forum is here for.

Make sure to make use of the search function - sometimes people don't answer simple questions because they have been answered 10,000 times already since 2007.

• Agree
    Reactions: Javichu

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Alright man ill give it another go ☺️, I'll get too building a coil now for it ahah it's been a while. But I still remember how to do all of that safely. It's just I haven't cleaned threads etc in over 3 or 4 weeks so would that be safe or am I just be paranoid and stupid?

IMHO, you don't want to get back into vaping if yo truly do have an allergy to PG such that you get a rash. You have to address that problem first.

Also, please go into your account and add your location (just put in the country not your city) so that people can suggest places to buy stuff.

Dooplex

Nov 22, 2020
    Northern ireland
    You have a lot to learn, which is OK because that's what this forum is here for.

Make sure to make use of the search function - sometimes people don't answer simple questions because they have been answered 10,000 times already since 2007.
    Yeah I kinda figured that, I just gave up way to easy and went back to the cigs, probaly a very bad idea, regret it now...

Dooplex

Nov 22, 2020
    Northern ireland
    IMHO, you don't want to get back into vaping if yo truly do have an allergy to PG such that you get a rash. You have to address that problem first.

Also, please go into your account and add your location (just put in the country not your city) so that people can suggest places to buy stuff.
    Where abouts do I add it? I cannot seem to find it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread