Hello All, long term cost ? and manual switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menthol07

Feb 18, 2009
Dear E-Cig Forum,

been lurking for a while and thanks to all the veteran members with the good information and tips.

i found out about e-cigarettes from an online forum and started back in late october with a classic penstyle from puresmoker (seriously these guys are great with contact info and being helpful).

it broke probaly two weeks ago and i just ordered a new pilot.

i was wondering, how often do you replace e-cigarettes? some based on reading, it seems every half a year with little maintenance?

i was planning to have a dse with a usb pass through for a at work device and the pilot for on-the-go.

also i keep reading about switches but search doesn't find anything for me, so could someone point me into a direction? like specifically where and what switch works with the pilot or dse?

thanks again, from a newbie

o, BTW, Elle and Spikey :wub:

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
The manual switch is available from:
Janty USA
Ecigmall - Your #1 Source for Electronic Cigarettes
Also there is the scewdriver

It prevents the main failure problem with ALL E-cigs, and that is the juice clogging up the switch that is built into the battery.

An electronic cigarette is a modular design and the first thing to fail is typically the atomizer. If you allow juice to get into the battery, then the battery will fail because the juice will gum up the pressure switch. Normally the chargers dont fail and the only thing you should have to replace is the atomizers on a regular basis of about every month. The batteries if kept dry should last 6 months.

Manual switch e-cigs are the past and the future of the technology. They were around when the industry first started, and because it was cool pressure switches were the replacement. However pressure switches fail to easily and the trend is now going back to manual switches.

Also a new trend of custom battery and switch makers are emerging, such as the screwdriver and the up coming janty line. As more people enter the market as consumers a larger offering of alternatives will become available. The technology is simple so it will be easy for home brew ecigs to come about.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Dear E-Cig Forum,

been lurking for a while and thanks to all the veteran members with the good information and tips.

i found out about e-cigarettes from an online forum and started back in late october with a classic penstyle from puresmoker (seriously these guys are great with contact info and being helpful).

it broke probaly two weeks ago and i just ordered a new pilot.

i was wondering, how often do you replace e-cigarettes? some based on reading, it seems every half a year with little maintenance?

i was planning to have a dse with a usb pass through for a at work device and the pilot for on-the-go.

also i keep reading about switches but search doesn't find anything for me, so could someone point me into a direction? like specifically where and what switch works with the pilot or dse?

thanks again, from a newbie

o, BTW, Elle and Spikey :wub:

You don't actually replace ecigs....you replace the parts for your particular model. When an atomizer or batt dies (which happens more than we like), you buy a replacement. Of course, you will also buy carts for whatever model you are using along the way.

Switches: none for the Pilot yet....but you can buy a KB passthrough and manual switch at www.vaporguys.com under the 304 accessories.

If you do, use coupon code vaporguys for 10% off. I did this....shipping was $5 so it cost me $40 total and I received it in 2 days!

And these passthroughs work with standard penstyle atomizers and carts.

These are also available through the Janty site but I think you will find them cheaper here.

Good luck!

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread