Hello and air travel with e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

BettyRedondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2008
Bournemouth England
Hello everyone, I have just found the forum and must say it is great :)
I have had my micro e-cig for about a week and it is great, but the carts don't last long, so have ordered a classic pen style one from Simon at e-cig here in the UK, which i hope will last longer? Could I ask a stupid question? I was wondering how many puffs do people think is equal to 1 normal cig?

Sorry couldn't work out how to edit post, forgot the bit about air travel, has anyone had any problems, mine is going to Miami tomorrow for its first trip away!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2008
United Kingdom
Hello Betty and welcome to the forum. You can ask as many stupid questions as you like, but this isn't one :)

I think about 10-15 puffs is equivalent to a cigarette, it varies depending on how long you puff on a cigarette for.

I've read posts on here of people travelling on flights with them and they've had no problems. It's probably best to explain to the air stewards / stewardesses if you're going to 'smoke' it on the flight though. Obviously it will depend on who you're flying with on whether they are ok with it.

Spider

BettyRedondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2008
Bournemouth England
Thanks Nazareth and Spider, it is quite addictive this e-smoking:D Will try and keep it to around ten puffs then. I am aircrew myself and am not allowed to smoke in uniform so not too worried about flight, although may be tempted to sneak a quick puff in the galley, was more concerned about airport security? If any of you are ever on my flight you will be more than welcome in my galley for a puff!! I am looking forward to getting to my non-smoking hotel room and puffing away:D

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
One more point htough- The nicotine does run out after a few real ciggs worth of esmoking though- not sure exactly how many pufs, but towards the end, all you're really gettign is the vapor- but I've foudn that even just gettign hte vapor does help calm the nerves a bit- Yeah- it's a pschological thing, but I find I can go longer between havign to go out for real cigg to get my nicotine- Been able ot cut down from 20 real ciggs a day to 8-10, so I'm pleased- hope to get down even further in 5the near future

So would anyone have any information on the Chicago, Frankfurt or Florence airports or flights? Anyone tried on any of these trips? It is either the e-cig or quitting for me, and all in the next 6 weeks! Argh!! Gotta admit though - have never been a quitter yet (beyond a 6 wk break for surgery...kinda...) :) Now just praying I can make it that long and all goes well - should have my first new mini here in a few days if all goes well with shipping! Can't wait!

So what's up with Singapore? Using something else to put in there? ;) Would hate to cross it off my places to check out. Though Egypt, Rome and Jordan are closer on the list (next summer hoping), we have been working out the 7 Wonders of the World with the kids - just hit Mexico last Spring. Just hoping we make the seven destinations before the place goes to :evil: in a hand-basket... LOL

Carrie

Oh and it looks like you are wheels up before me - I leave early November for my trip. So guessing you can let all of us know how it goes. Figure I will probably head for the 'little girls room' and do the sneaky - wait until everyone else is sleeping! LOL Will not be bringing too many real packs, just a few in case of meltdown or something...

My DH says that his friend Justin (friend he heard about it from also in Iraq) actually just smokes in his seat - but believe it was one of his European flights. Know that people over there are a little more accepting (and educated) of it than we tend to be. Just wish I would have known sooner!

Did I mention I hate to fly?! 8-o 6 weeks to go and already stressing out!

Carrie

BettyRedondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2008
Bournemouth England
Hi All, Well I was going to post an update the other day and then forgot :oops:
I have been flying with my e-cigs for over 3 months now and have visted USA numerous times, Canada twice, Asia, and West and North Africa. I always carry at least one made up e-cig and then another with extra battery in one of those hard cases they sell on ebay, in my handbag or carry on bag. They have never once been picked up on the x-ray machine. I do not carry juice on the plane itself but put this in my hold luggage, there are still restrictions on liquids from most airports (small amounts and in see through bag). Others have said that they put their e-cigs in with pens and this is a good tip. I have so much stuff in my handbag (ipod, mobile, torch, 10 pens, keys, money purse ect) that I think it would be impossible to detect it, it is not that they are not looking :)

As for vaping on the plane, I would advise you to get a window seat and be discreet, the vapour does disappear quickly on the aircraft due to the strong airconditioning, but it does not hurt to hold it in just a little longer and produce less. Also you have the bathroom option, but they are not the most pleasant places to be, but if you get complaints then it will be your only option. Sadly I have yet to meet an esmoking passenger, but I have converted many crew in the galley:)

For me it has been a joy getting into e-smoking, a little nicotine helps with that smile for my passengers, and I am looking forward to winter as will be able to vape in my hotel room and not have to go outside like I did in Denver last year when it was -23 outside :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread