Hello and cracked tank...what!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamyZ

Jun 3, 2018
Hey all....newer to vaping just bought KangerTech top evod... Bought it on the 31st using just regular tobacco e-juice 6 mg and noticed last night that the tank is cracked... not only did a piece from the outside crack off but there's another piece on the top of it where the metal unscrews to fill it is also cracked... I don't get it? I'm highly disappointed and not really sure what to do...

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey all....newer to vaping just bought KangerTech top evod... Bought it on the 31st using just regular tobacco e-juice 6 mg and noticed last night that the tank is cracked... not only did a piece from the outside crack off but there's another piece on the top of it where the metal unscrews to fill it is also cracked... I don't get it? I'm highly disappointed and not really sure what to do...
Hi and welcome,
If you are serious about quitting smoking with vape products; ALWAYS have a back up or two.

Cheers
I

ETA:
"Let’s be clear, this kit is strictly minimal. In a red and black cardboard box, colors of Kanger, one finds the battery of 650 mAh, the top filling tank), a VOCC-T coil of 1.5 Ω and the USB charger.

No spare tank or additional coil. It is really the minimum that a starter kit can offer."

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well you can get a replacement glass. Maybe a couple. Some juices are known tank crackers (like cinnamon, and some others) if it's not a glass tank (sorry I don't own the mod). If it is a glass tank, yes, care when tightening it and handling it may help.

You may want to look into a backup vape, to prevent these things from happening. Do you have a replacement glass with your tank, many of them will provide another tank, and you can simply replace it.

I'm hard on tank glass, I actually prefer pyrex tanks and etc. They last longer (but I don't use tank cracking juices.

A replacement mod is a good idea if you are serious about vaping. For one it can be nice to rotate tanks for flavor or if chain vaping and that way if one of your mods is down due to stuff like this, you can continue to vape while you work on a solution.

Best of luck,

Anna

RamyZ

Jun 3, 2018
Hi and welcome,
If you are serious about quitting smoking with vape products; ALWAYS have a back up or two.

Cheers
I

ETA:
"Let’s be clear, this kit is strictly minimal. In a red and black cardboard box, colors of Kanger, one finds the battery of 650 mAh, the top filling tank), a VOCC-T coil of 1.5 Ω and the USB charger.

No spare tank or additional coil. It is really the minimum that a starter kit can offer."
Yes, however the tank is glass and I just bought it on Thursday. I did not drop it.

RamyZ

Jun 3, 2018
Well you can get a replacement glass. Maybe a couple. Some juices are known tank crackers (like cinnamon, and some others) if it's not a glass tank (sorry I don't own the mod). If it is a glass tank, yes, care when tightening it and handling it may help.

You may want to look into a backup vape, to prevent these things from happening. Do you have a replacement glass with your tank, many of them will provide another tank, and you can simply replace it.

I'm hard on tank glass, I actually prefer pyrex tanks and etc. They last longer (but I don't use tank cracking juices.

A replacement mod is a good idea if you are serious about vaping. For one it can be nice to rotate tanks for flavor or if chain vaping and that way if one of your mods is down due to stuff like this, you can continue to vape while you work on a solution.

Best of luck,

Anna
I am not using any tank cracking juice right now but I think a back up is what people say...thanks for the tid bits Anna!

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I am not using any tank cracking juice right now but I think a back up is what people say...thanks for the tid bits Anna!

It's glass, ejuice doesn't crack glass. But tightening the parts too much can crack it as well as just having it topple over and hit a desk or something

LCv8pMom

Jun 2, 2018
I know it's already been said a few times, but being a newbie myself I learned the hard way to always have a back up! I was so close to buying a pack of cigarettes one day because I had a burned out coil and couldn't get tank off the mod. Now I have back ups and then some (and some tools).

This thread is first I've heard about "tank cracking" juices!?!! Which ones should I be aware of?

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I know it's already been said a few times, but being a newbie myself I learned the hard way to always have a back up! I was so close to buying a pack of cigarettes one day because I had a burned out coil and couldn't get tank off the mod. Now I have back ups and then some (and some tools).

This thread is first I've heard about "tank cracking" juices!?!! Which ones should I be aware of?

They only crack plastic tanks. Citrus is one that cracks plastic tanks.

Here's a list of crackers on a vendor site
Here is a list of e-juices known to deteriorate polycarbonate tanks:

RamyZ

Jun 3, 2018
HI and welcome. Sorry your glass broke, unfortunately that happens. Best to keep a few spares around for which ever tanks you use.

Here are the ones that tank uses. Fortunately they are cheap, but ordering them takes a few weeks from order to receive. Might find in a vape shop but probably hard to find in one.

$3.78 Authentic Vapesoon Replacement Glass Tank for KangerTech Top Evod Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Thanks for the link and info regarding replacement tanks!! And for the welcome!

RamyZ

Jun 3, 2018

When I was searching online to see if my tank was actually glass or that polycarbonate that's how I found out about tank cracking juices. Yeah I don't want to end up going to grab a pack of cigarettes either because I don't have a working device!

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
For your replacement tank, I would recommend purchasing a vape band - it is a silicone band that helps protect your tank from bumps - I've only broken one tank --I dropped it hard and now use the vape bands on my stuff because I tend to knock things over. They really work.

Here's what they look like,

Vape Wild Vape Bands

Also - tanks can sometimes break from the pressure of your fingers when putting on and removing the tank. I try to twist and turn my tanks on the part that is not glass.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Hello and welcome!

Yeah, I broke my share of tanks when I started, too. I don’t even check the mail without at least two vapes lol. Just in case.

Honestly though, if you like that tank, the glass is easy to change. If you can hang a new roll of toilet paper, you can do it.

RamyZ

Jun 3, 2018
For your replacement tank, I would recommend purchasing a vape band - it is a silicone band that helps protect your tank from bumps - I've only broken one tank --I dropped it hard and now use the vape bands on my stuff because I tend to knock things over. They really work.

Here's what they look like,

Vape Wild Vape Bands

Also - tanks can sometimes break from the pressure of your fingers when putting on and removing the tank. I try to twist and turn my tanks on the part that is not glass.
Thanks for the tip Chellie...I know people keep talking about dropping them or turning too tight...I swear neither apply to me..I can be clumsy but had been home sick in bed the morning after I bought it and I have a torn rotator cuff on my dominate side. I will check into those rings though!!

RamyZ

Jun 3, 2018
Hello and welcome!

Yeah, I broke my share of tanks when I started, too. I don’t even check the mail without at least two vapes lol. Just in case.

Honestly though, if you like that tank, the glass is easy to change. If you can hang a new roll of toilet paper, you can do it.
That's awesome to hear it compared to changing toilet paper...that I can do! Thanks DeloresRose!

You guy's are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread