Hello and getting a little overwhelmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!
About a month ago, I started vaping. Please excuse me for not knowing all the lingo as I recently found this forum and am still very much learning. I'm trying to avoid asking "What should I get next" but I really want to upgrade ASAP and am getting a little overwhelmed at what to purchase.

Background
I love cloves...actually that is what I smoked for. The feeling after a few puffs is wonderful.
I started vaping using several disposables but was quickly turned off. I tried blu menthols and some other random brand that was a clove disposable. They should be sued for even calling it a clove flavor. Tasted horrible.

Then I was in the train station and say a kiosk selling e cigarettes and without any research, I purchased a Blaze starter kit (battery, usb charger and 2 cartomizers www.blazecig.com) with 5 flavored cartomizers by smokefreeonline.com. They are all right but the battery is short and I'm not satisfied. The taste isn't the greatest (actually not good at all to me) and I don't like it looking like a cigarette.

I really want to using liquid. I want something that doesn't look like a cigarette but is about that size. I also want to not have to charge after 50 puffs. I recently learned (from this site) that I was using it wrong...no deep inhales and I need to practice more.

So with all this, I am on the hunt for a new product. I will keep researching.
Tonya

been vaping about 6 month nic free ....hubby and oldest daughter quit stinkys ,,so I've been on a trial and error hunt and decided to make my own juice ,,,now The daughter has become a pretty good mixologist,,and has been selling her juice local ,,,she makes one everyone goes bat poop over ,,I'm proud of her ..It gets fun when you start making it yourself ♥ the best part is getting people off stinkys and on the juice ,,and yea she makes enough money to support her Vap ♥

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
+1 on the EVOD kit.

I started with an eGo-V V-2 Mega variable voltage battery (a digital version of the eGo Twist) combined with an Evod clearomizer. It works great, it's attractive, sleek and not too clunky. A bit long, but I wanted big capacity, it lasts all day and then some set at a reasonable 3.7v. For a backup, I have a generic eGo type 1100mah manual, a little shorter but otherwise similar.

You can go with a stubby battery, an eGo 450mah or 650mah is plenty little, yet has enough power to get you through half a day; many retailers have starter kits that come with two stubbies instead of one big one. Just look around at everyone's offerings, you'll find something that works for you.

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
Like the others said an Evod is a great cleromizer to start with. I use a little of everything and the Evod is one of my favorites.
An eGo style variable voltage battery would be a good way to go for the battery. Something like a Kgo vv or iTaste VV version 3 with the iTaste being the better of the two.

As far as what voltage to set it at, it all depends on the resistance of the cleromizer head which will vary so simply start at about 3 volts and work up, if the vape tastes burnt or dry go back down. In other words set it to the taste you like and don't worry about calculating anything out.

I find that a 1.9 ohm cleromizer works best for me at 3.3 volts to 3.5 volts and a 2.5 ohm cleromizer works best at 4.2 volts to 4.7 volts. Your results may vary.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Please excuse me for not knowing all the lingo as I recently found this forum and am still very much learning.
Never be afraid or embarrassed to ask, because the people here are wonderful! Here's one of many places to learn more about vaping jargon: Ecig Terms and Definitions, Vapeology - Electronic Cigarette Forums - Ecig Advanced

A good place to start would be with an evod starter kit, and I also liked clove cigarettes many juice suppliers have clove flavored juice some good some not so much I have been happy with Mt Baker Vapors clove, with one flavor shot.
I absolutely adore my Evod starter kit BUT clove is a known "tank-cracker" flavor (for pet2one and anyone else unfamiliar with the term: some flavors will destroy plastic tanks).

If pet2one wants to try flavors such as clove, cinnamon, or wintergreen, I would strongly recommend getting Kanger Mini Protanks instead of Evods. Same brand, same atomizer heads, but the Mini Protanks are glass rather than plastic. :thumbs:

daquino2010

Oct 16, 2013
West oast
I'm new to vaping also. My husband and I both purchased eGo brand ecigs from a local shop. I have the medium battery and he purchased the large battery. We don't have any problems with battery life. We just plug them in at night with our cell phones and we're good to go the entire next day. I would suggest spending a little more on the tanks that go with them. We got the cheapest ones at first and have found they gurgle or leak more often than not. They cheap ones are $5 at our local shop. We upgraded to the $10 ones and they work great!

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
If pet2one wants to try flavors such as clove, cinnamon, or wintergreen, I would strongly recommend getting Kanger Mini Protanks instead of Evods. Same brand, same atomizer heads, but the Mini Protanks are glass rather than plastic. :thumbs:
Kanger Mini Protanks for $12 each. Worth every penny.
Kanger Protank Mini @ VapingME.com

The same site has Vision eGo spinners:
Vision eGo Spinner Variable Voltage Batteries - 650 / 1100 / 1300mAh - Vaping Me

Protank replacement heads:
Replacement Atomizer Heads for Kanger T2, TempestTek SpitFire, Mini Vivi Nova, Vivi Nova, Vision 3.0 Clearomizer, and more

And here's an eGo charger:
eGo USB Charger - Vaping Me

vaper62

Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Texas, United States
Hello all!
About a month ago, I started vaping. Please excuse me for not knowing all the lingo as I recently found this forum and am still very much learning...
Tonya

First of all, Welcome:
Yes, there is quite a learning curve! But just like anything, it gets easier (he says optimistically). :D

But I have found the ECF to be a great place to make friends and a fun place to do your homework. :2c:

Camden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
Even if you want to upgrade to a protank (and, as others have said, you should if you plan to smoke clove; mouthpieces cracking off mid-vape can't possibly be an enjoyable experience), I'd still recommend getting a complete Evod kit (everyone's recommending them for a reason; you really just can't go wrong with it to start out) and buying a protank in addition to snap on there. As far as hardware it might be ~$20 more than buying things individually, but that 20 bucks gets you a 2nd battery, 2 backup cartomizers (if you plan to use a protank primarily it's still good to keep the evod carts in a pocket or drawer to switch out flavors; you never know!), backup coils for your backup carts, and most places also include a bottle of liquid with starter kits. Depending on who you order from you may also get other random goodies like filler needles (meh) or a car charger with it. That's 20 bucks doing some serious work.

Last edited:

DigitalVI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
CORINTH TX
The more you learn, the more and better you want. Best way I found is get what you need to keep you satisfied. Long term shoot for variable voltage and wattage, high Ohm battery, glass tanks. These all contribute to a good vape. Aside from this ejuice flavor can be explored almost endlessly. Hang in there and good luck.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread