The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hello everyone and please can I have some good advice?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Mark M, Dec 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mark M

Mark M Full Member

Dec 22, 2018
    London UK
    Hi All!

I'm a week off cigarettes and with my first daughter on the way, really don't want to return to smoking. I have been cutting down and substituting vaping for smoke for 6 months and now finally stoped altogether and made the switch. (still craving a bit but I'm doing OK) I have found to make vapping a bit of a hobby by getting some nice mods has helped me keep the focus on vapping, and have brought two nice stab Woods that I really like. This has meant a leap up to more sub ohm tanks, using the prince two by smok on my "vicious ant Knight" (a twin 18650 regualated mod) and a Jemit design single battery regulated mod with Aspire clieto tank. I really really love them both and as I say investing in some nice kit has kept my focus on vapping. So, here's my 2 questions which I would be very grateful for advice on. I appreciate good quality batteries are needed, and to charge and use in pairs for the Vicious Ant twin battery mod. But I guess, as a novice felt that if I'm using a regulated mod, and using the correct wattage range as set out on the coil, I'm not going to be in for any nasty suprises unless very unfortunate. However, reading some of the great posts on here, I'm realising that maybe I'm not doing enough, and also I have no idea if a "long draw" is dangerous? Or what is a "too long draw" I tend to vape between 60 and 80 Watts keeping in line with coil instructions, matching the wattages on the mod, and occasionally up to 100 if the coil is right for this level. So, am I in safe territory with good quality stabwood regulated mods, so long as I maintain good battery care and stick to the wattage guidelines for the coils? And also do I need to limit how long I may draw for? Many thanks! And my 2nd question, I got the Vicious Ant a few days ago, and it pumps out mch more vape generally when using a big tank and 70 to 100 Watts. My lungs today feel a bit "airey pain" only slight, I had this before once but only on disposable more high PG cigarette looking vapes. BUT having gone from the mid range jemit, with still sub OHM, but maybe not as much as the twin bartery vicious ant device there is clearly much more vape, also, I feel almost like a moisture sometimes as well as the slightly twingy airey aches. Is this par for the course? I love vapping and am sooppp happy not to be smoking. I use at least 70 vg mostly and sometimes mix up my juices. I use 3mg as still need the nic hit to stop smoking. I'm wondering if I should increase the nic strength to say 6mg and use lower wattage coils generally? Get back down to 30 40 Watts but still achieve the nicotine hit I need. An average vape for me is a bit more than a cigarette maybe 14 hits? And only for maybe 3 or 4 sessions a day. These sensations happened once before, I got "scarred of vaping" cos of the slight discomfort and fooloshly smoked again. I love the big clouds and the flavour form the bigger mod but maybe I should tame it down so these unplesent symptoms disappear? But I would much prefer my lungs got used to it!! lol. Thanks for taking the time to read this, any help and advice on these two questions would be greatly appreciated and nice to meet everyone. Pics of mods attached cheers and maby thanks, Screenshot_20181222-052851_Yahoo Mail.jpg Screenshot_20181016-000648_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20181222-052851_Yahoo Mail.jpg Screenshot_20181016-000648_YouTube.jpg Blessings, Mark

• Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. rob33

rob33 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Concord, NC
    Mark, when I started the equipment was the very first available to the world. I had to wait for the right equipment to be invented before I could give up my 2 pad of red cowboy killers. I did it with a RDA at 1.3 ohm and less than 20 watts. I started with 18mg of nicotine cause that where I didn't have any desire to light up at that level. Now I usually float between 4-6mg with a .7ohm coil still less than 20watts or unregulated. Everyone is different but when you find that match where you don't even want an analog you can make the switch.

To add: before the RDA I was adding nicotine to a 36mg mix and still smoking. Three days after getting the RDA I totally was done with analogs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi Mark and welcome,
    IMO, You should have one or two "married" pairs of batteries that are used exclusively in the VA device. You will also need an additional one or two batteries for the Jemit device. A quality external charger(s) is also suggested.
    The VA and the Jemit should have a pre programed "timeout" for button presses/draw length. It is typically between 9 and 15 seconds. As long as the tank can keep up with the demand, it should be fine to fire until "time out". (If you are pulling correctly on a Prince at high wattage, a 5 second draw should be enough) I worry that you are using a MTL (cigarette like inhale) draw with DTL (hookah like gulp) tanks.
    What batteries are you using? Brand and model please.
    What coils are you using in the Prince and the Clieto? resistance? coil material?
    What wattages are you using with each?
    Are you inhaling with enough speed and force to support the wattage being used?
    What retail juice(s) are you using?: What is the PG/VG content, the nicotine level and flavour?
    With DIY juice, what is the nicotine level, PG/VG ratio and total flavouring percentage?

How long did you smoke and how many per day? Brand/style? Pre-mades or rollies?
    Where are you located?

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Welcome to ECF, and congratulations on switching.

I'm afraid it is possible to get into battery trouble even with a quality regulated mod. Not only are there issues about which batteries you should and shouldn't get and where you should get them, it's also crucial to get batteries capable of providing the wattage you're using. Fortunately, some of our members have compiled excellent overviews:
    • Baditude's Blog, if you'd like to read about batteries.
    • Mooch's videos, if you'd rather watch. Start with the 'Battery Basics for Vapers' series.

To pick safe batteries for the way you vape, it's your maximum wattage that matters, not the length of your draw. As you're going to 100 w on a two battery mod, you'll need batteries with a CDR of at least 20 amps. Many batteries show inaccurate CDRs on their wraps, so it's best to stick with recommended brands and models. Both Baditude's blog, linked above, and Mooch's chart, here, list some good batteries as well as reliable vendors to get them from.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour Moved On

Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello, looks like your questions have been answered. Do you have any pictures of your devices?

• Like Like x 2
  6. VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour Moved On

Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
    When did you buy the Knight?

• Like Like x 1
  7. charlie1465

charlie1465 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

If you read the stuff suggested by the other two answers you'll have all you need. Concerning question 2 its actually more likely that the effects of not smoking the cancer sticks is what is causing your symptoms. I had a few similar symptoms when i first started too but totally think that was ''stinky'' related. Basically your lungs are going to be attempting to clean themselves out and this will continue for quite a while...not to much to worry about if it doesn't bother you much.

Having said that if you have genuine concern don't hesitate to visit the doctor......but don't, don't start the stinkies again cause that will kill you!!

Welcome to the friendly crew :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Welcome I'm not sure I have much "good" advice other than I don't see how a "long draw" would be dangerous if you have the right batteries for your wattage. You have gotten plenty of good advice there so I won't add anything.

I will say, other good advice: 1) Don't return to smoking and congrats.

2) Put some space between your paragraphs as a wall of text is just super hard to read.

3) Welcome and congrats, if I am reading your post right. Best thing you can do for your daughter in the world.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mark M

Mark M Full Member

Dec 22, 2018
    London UK
    Many thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mark M

Mark M Full Member

Dec 22, 2018
    London UK
    Hi thanks for the details response!

I shall check all the battery info on coils and revert back, but for now I can say I had a few cigs a day mainly marbourgh lights then silk cut most recently, got down to 2 or 3 a day before stopping.

I'm vapping with dinner ladies summertime lychie flip flip etc or other similar which are 70/30 vg pg. I am doind direct to lung, and whatever the coil requires printed on its body that what I set it withing the range of in the wattage.

As mentioned I'm typically vaping with coils on the Jemit at 40 Watts on an aspire cleito coil that can go 40 to 60 Watts. And on the VA 70 Watts on a coil could that is best about 70 to 90watts but I'm going to check all this exactly later when home and revert with exact numbers. Also I sometimes mix the make elements high VG tobacco with the strawberry dinner ladies. Both high VG and both 3mg.

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs before. Thanks for all the encouragement re not smoking no I definitely don't want to go back to smoking even though still craving a bit I'm determined which is why I'm keen to know what im doing.

I always use the same batteries and have an external high quality charger device.

I'm based on fringes of London England.

Cheers guys

Mark

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Mark M

Mark M Full Member

Dec 22, 2018
    London UK
    Manh thanks all noted!! Thanks Mark

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mark M

Mark M Full Member

Dec 22, 2018
    London UK
    Thanks Anna, yes it's great to not be smoking and know that I'm smoke free before she is born praise God! Shall fight the cravings!

Many thanks
    Mark

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mark M

Mark M Full Member

Dec 22, 2018
    London UK
    Many thanks,

Yes def not wanting to return to smoking! I think your probably right re side effects of stopping I feel OK now so see how it goes.

• Like Like x 2
  14. charlie1465

charlie1465 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Well...that's definitely the main thing and well done for getting this far :thumbs:...you've got two very nice looking mods there....at those prices you can't afford to start smoking again :smokie:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mark M

Mark M Full Member

Dec 22, 2018
    London UK
    LOL yes exactly! As it's for a good reason it's the only reason my wife not going mad, I think she very happy I stopped too!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Sorry, but these old eyes refuse to read long walls of text. In the future, please make some space between paragraphs. o_O

It looks like you've gotten some good advice, though, whatever the question(s) was/were.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mark M

Mark M Full Member

Dec 22, 2018
    London UK
    Thanks yes I'm using paragraphs now applogies again.

Best

Mark

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    DL and 70/30 is arguably close to the upper limits where you can adjust to lessen "slightly twingy airey aches" (harshness?). PG content, DL vs MTL, watt/temp. settings (sub vs non sub ohm), and Nic parameters can cause vaping problems. Since vaping is totally scalable, the choice you have can be overwhelming. The main thing to remember is, part of vaping is all about you the vaper, being in control and the freedom to fix/tailor almost any aspect of vaping you feel you need to improve upon.
    Might want to read:
    Why Your E Juice Tastes Harsh (And How To Fix It...)
    The Vaper`s Guide to PG and VG Allergies (and what to do about them)
    PG Sensitivity
    Resistance is futile. Ohms are not king. Wattage is. : electronic_cigarette
    Why is My Ejuice Harsh? (Beginner DIY Ejuice Tips) – DIY OR DIE Vaping
    Wattage vs. Flavor | E-Cigarette Forum
    How many watts do you vape at?
    How to adjust your base to reduce that peppery harsh Nicotine taste | E-Cigarette Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Mark M

Mark M Full Member

Dec 22, 2018
    London UK
    Thaanks so much for the welcome!

I think I over did it last night didn't take many normal breaths between vapes.

Shall take it easy try some new juice and slow down lol
    Thanks for the warm welcome form you and everyone, shall read the recommended posts!! Many thanks,
    God bless,
    M

• Like Like x 2
  20. uthinkofsomething

uthinkofsomething Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Really pretty mod. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.