Hello everyone I'm new to everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

richberstler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Harrisburg (area), PA, USA
First time poster, still waiting for my gear to be a first time user. I should be getting it soon and had a question... I was looking at the new user info and saw the setup instructions of dripping the new parts. I am getting a starter kit with EGO Twists and Kanger Pro tank IIs (one is the mini). Should I be following the 3 piece instructions? I assumed yes and in place of 'cartridge' I use my tank. Sound accurate?

Is this something I will need to do every time I replace the coil?

Lastly, for good measure, is there a good video somewhere so I can watch someone do this so I don't screw it up? lol I'm still weak with all the new terms and want to make sure what I pictured in my head is accurate.

Thanks!

luniz5monody

Sep 11, 2013
Iowa
First time poster, still waiting for my gear to be a first time user. I should be getting it soon and had a question... I was looking at the new user info and saw the setup instructions of dripping the new parts. I am getting a starter kit with EGO Twists and Kanger Pro tank IIs (one is the mini). Should I be following the 3 piece instructions? I assumed yes and in place of 'cartridge' I use my tank. Sound accurate?

Is this something I will need to do every time I replace the coil?

Lastly, for good measure, is there a good video somewhere so I can watch someone do this so I don't screw it up? lol I'm still weak with all the new terms and want to make sure what I pictured in my head is accurate.

Thanks!

Pretty much same setup as me. I mostly use EVOD's instead of Protanks but they are nearly identical.

THIS is the video I like to point new folks to. But there's a ton of other ones out there as well.

With your setup all you have to do is fill the Protank up, screw the base back on and screw it to your Twist. That's it. Easy peasy.

As far as rebuilding your coils....that's a pretty big step. Once you have done it a while, it's no problem, but you need to make sure and always measure your newly built head with a good multimeter.

1990FOXBODY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Bryan, Texas
I use ProTanks, both mini and regular and have both I and II versions. Assemble tank, fill tank, put tank on battery, let it set for a few minutes to get juice to the wicks, take a couple of "dry hits" (pull through device without pushing battery button) and then hit the battery button and enjoy the first pull from your new device. Welcome. Ask questions here, they will get many answers. I have never "pre wet" my wicks.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Welcome to Vaping

The equipment you have coming is not "dripping" equipment they are bottom coil clearomizer/tanks an d are much easier to use as a beginner than dripping and the batteries are a good choice also - make sure you let the tank sit for 5-10 minutes after you fill it up the 1st time to make sure the wicks saturate properly before you fire them up (you may still get a slight burnt taste for the first 1/2 hour as the coils and wick break in) once that is done experiment with the voltage setting until it tastes like what you want

Here is a video for the tanks you have coming

The Kanger Mini Protank, Protank II and Cleaning Replacement Heads - YouTube

Hope this helps

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
My friend you should learn to wash them first before you change. even if you are a constant vaper like me you can wash, let them dry and apply a dry burn there you are still one week ahead. (All these terms may come to you as another language but you can find all videos relating them in youtube.) Anyway wash the coil in warm water let it dry and put it in its place without outer part and twist it to your battery press 3 Seconds to see the coil redden loose and again and again until you have not any smoke and smell. Soon after you will come to the spot to change coil and wick (There are videos for that too) Dont worry one day you will see what hobies you developed for vaping.

richberstler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Hi and Welcome to the club,

so what kit did ya get (who/what/where)

lots of great info so far--here's another video, more than you need to know for now
but it sets things up in your mind good - A PBusardo Review All About The EVOD - Includes Recoiling - YouTube

good luck and keep asking :)

It was from 'my vapor store' Got the 2 EGO twist 1000mah and upgraded to the 2 Kanger pro II tanks. My buddy uses both and loves them and I've seen nothing but good reviews for all of it online.

richberstler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
I also picked up 9 different tobacco flavor eliquid from 2 sites, which leads to another question:

I suspect I may be switching around trying to find the right flavor for me (and nic level). I can wash out the tanks, but what about the coil heads? I did order 20 or 25 replacements, should I be changing or cleaning them each time I flavor change?

luniz5monody

Sep 11, 2013
Iowa
You can if you want...it's not that hard, but generally I will just fill the tank with a new liquid and go. I probably wouldn't put a new head on for a new flavor...if I was going to make a choice I would just wash the old one and refill.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I do a lot of my juice DIY. I used to have a ton of new cartomizers laying around...I found a few posts/videos that said you can remove the filling from the carto's and use them like a dripper atomizer. I tried it, and it worked great for trying new flavors. I don't think this method is probably the best for actual dripping (duh) but it worked great for me when I started making my own juice and I just wanted to taste a few drops.

Also don't think that any tobacco flavor is going to match your old cigs perfectly...it's not. Some people say it's best for ex-smokers to try other flavors first because there's a "let-down" factor. I tried tobacco flavors first and can say that yes...that's true. I was really disappointed that it didn't taste/feel like a cig. But you'll get over that soon enough....just something to keep in mind. In fact, I still haven't found a good base tobacco flavor and have to order "Domestic" from Johnson Creek every so often.

Last edited:

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Generally you do have to change them out for different flavors because the first flavor has soaked into it. However instead of doing all of that, I suggest that you find a local shop and try out a bunch of flavors there. They will have a tank for each flavor for you to try- so you wont have to worry about changing out your coil heads over and over again, only to find out that you don't like the flavor! I was like you and at first only wanted tobacco flavors because I was quitting cigarettes and thought that was the best choice for me. However when I started vaping I realized that I actually LIKED the fruity and sweeter flavors (I would have never thought that I would like those!). I was urged to try them at a local shop and I am so glad that I did. I found a few flavors that I love, and also I now know what types of juices to order from online vendors (hopefully with greater success than just blindly trying new flavors).
Also, when you do find a couple of flavors that you like, I would suggest that you get another couple of tanks so that you can keep them in rotation throughout the day. It just keeps things interesting, and sometimes you like one flavor for the morning, and another for all day, and then a third for before bed...

Good luck and Welcome!!

richberstler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
You can if you want...it's not that hard, but generally I will just fill the tank with a new liquid and go. I probably wouldn't put a new head on for a new flavor...if I was going to make a choice I would just wash the old one and refill.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I do a lot of my juice DIY. I used to have a ton of new cartomizers laying around...I found a few posts/videos that said you can remove the filling from the carto's and use them like a dripper atomizer. I tried it, and it worked great for trying new flavors. I don't think this method is probably the best for actual dripping (duh) but it worked great for me when I started making my own juice and I just wanted to taste a few drops.

Also don't think that any tobacco flavor is going to match your old cigs perfectly...it's not. Some people say it's best for ex-smokers to try other flavors first because there's a "let-down" factor. I tried tobacco flavors first and can say that yes...that's true. I was really disappointed that it didn't taste/feel like a cig. But you'll get over that soon enough....just something to keep in mind. In fact, I still haven't found a good base tobacco flavor and have to order "Domestic" from Johnson Creek every so often.

That is a good idea, I should have though of that. The Pro Tank II has a drip tip or can accept a drip tip. Either way I should try that even if I have to buy an extra piece and learn how to do it lol. Thanks for the kick to the head for that...

I know I won't find anything that will match any of the many brands of cigs I used to smoke. In fact currently only smoking Pall Mall Orange because after they poisoned our cigs with that FSC crap it was the only one that didn't mess with my throat or taste really weird. I wanted to start with tobacco type flavors to help start the weening process and I'm sure eventually I may move to something completely unexpected. But thanks for the heads up.

richberstler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Generally you do have to change them out for different flavors because the first flavor has soaked into it. However instead of doing all of that, I suggest that you find a local shop and try out a bunch of flavors there. They will have a tank for each flavor for you to try- so you wont have to worry about changing out your coil heads over and over again, only to find out that you don't like the flavor! I was like you and at first only wanted tobacco flavors because I was quitting cigarettes and thought that was the best choice for me. However when I started vaping I realized that I actually LIKED the fruity and sweeter flavors (I would have never thought that I would like those!). I was urged to try them at a local shop and I am so glad that I did. I found a few flavors that I love, and also I now know what types of juices to order from online vendors (hopefully with greater success than just blindly trying new flavors).
Also, when you do find a couple of flavors that you like, I would suggest that you get another couple of tanks so that you can keep them in rotation throughout the day. It just keeps things interesting, and sometimes you like one flavor for the morning, and another for all day, and then a third for before bed...

Good luck and Welcome!!

I did not know that. Guess I'll have to find where the local shops are :toast:

I think eventually, based on another helpful poster, figure out the drip tip for my pro tank 2. I was also contiplating getting some sort of sampler of cartridges or just pick up a few cheapie EVODs. Before I get too involved I want to make sure I can stick with this and not go back to the ole cancer sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread