Hello everyone; newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLMerlin

May 5, 2018
Arizona
I have this mod
$38.77 Authentic Tesla Nano 120W TC VW APV Box Mod - 7-120W / 2*18650 / temperature lock / nnovative taste control / memory function at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
that is not the one you are looking at...opps... sorry. This is the one that came to my mind so nevermind....I don't know how much the punk weighs....lol...but to me this one I quoted is heavy in weight.

Thanks for clarifying. :) I mostly wanted to make sure we were speaking the same language as all of this is very new to me. :)

DLMerlin

May 5, 2018
Arizona

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you get the punk, I would get the 85 watt version if at all possible. I got the two battery punk, and the handfeel... It's heavy, and boxy, and the edges are kind of SHARP. Great mod otherwise and a lot of fun. I wound up selling mine (to a dude ,and I hope his hands are way bigger) because I had a HARD time picking it up. It's made of lead I think. LOL, I am mostly kidding, but that's a mod you want to two fist if you are trying to grow biceps. I am but I prefer to keep my suffering confined to yoga only. LOLZ.

If you can at all go handle one (either the one or two battery mod) in person, I would. There's no point getting a really great vape if you never want to touch it.

JMHO as always. I have small hands (not Trump like but on the smaller side). When I got my "good" violin, it was about 9/10 full size because otherwise I couldn't play octives or any other really rough intervals on the hands.

I really liked it... Except for the fact that it's really not designed for hobbits.

Anna

DLMerlin

May 5, 2018
Arizona
May I ask: how long does 30ml of liquid usually last those of you who use mods like the Punk?

As it is, I'm using about 80 drops of liquid per day. I currently have 7 of the little cartomisers left from my first order (throw them out when they start leaking or just become gross), and I refill them with ten drops each at least once every night -although sometimes I've run out a bit early. So I think 80 drops is a good ballpark number.

In February I bought 10 flavored cartomisers, and 3 10ml bottles of stuff to try. I've switched amongst them randomly, so their all at different levels now, but none of them are empty.

But some of these product descriptions lead me to believe a single tank will hold an entire 30 ml bottle, which will then be used up in a matter of days -or less? Am I understanding correctly?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It depends how you vape. Those going through that amount of eliquid are vaping super low resistance, and much lower nicotine.

Personally, I feel the amount of batteries, eliquid and whatnot aren't really worth it, but some folks do better with huge clouds vs. higher nic and much more liquid over the course of a day.

With that said, also, well, everyone needs to vape as best suited to their style. If you like MTL vaping (higher resistance, less liquid consumption higher nic level) well, just enjoy your cost savings.

If I ever get a squonker, I'd imagine that carrying around a bottle of liquid would last me days. But, to each their own. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: DLMerlin

DLMerlin

May 5, 2018
Arizona
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think I prefer the idea of higher resistance. As a smoker, I always inhaled very deeply, and still tend to draw very strongly on the ecig I have now. I suspect* changing that aspect of my habit might be difficult?

I don't aspire to huge clouds of vapor. I don't see the appeal, and I think my family would hate it.

I assume* these mods -like the Punk in question- can be adjusted to a higher resistance? If not, I should be looking elsewhere.

*I have no evidence or personal experience yet either way. I'm here to learn so that I can make good choices without too much expensive trial-and-error or throwing my hands up in frustration (or worse: smoking!).

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Most box mods will be fine for your needs. The teslacigs board goes down to 7 watts. It can make priming a little tricky, and I will sometimes prime coils on a different mod, but for the most part, you should be fine with that mod.

If you have worries about a particular mod, well, you can check the manufacturer's specs for lowest wattage, and what resistances it will support.

But, for the most part, if you get a large, 2 battery mod, you can put a MTL (high resistance) tank on top, and just enjoy your days and days of battery life.

I'd highly suggest going to a vape store and holding the two battery punk (with batteries in it) if you can. That mod is fantastic, but I actually wound up selling mine because I have small hands, it's heavy, and it's boxy.

If you like the mod's appeal I might consider getting the 85 watt, one battery version. Same general shape, probably about half as heavy. It should be plenty for your wattage needs, but it's just a suggestion. I found the punk to be great... Except I couldn't pick it up.

Anna

Reactions: DLMerlin

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Most starter kits you can adjust the air and/or wattage to your liking. They also make different coils for higher/lower resistance. If you are not into the clouds, choose your ejuice accordingly. The lower the VG the smaller the clouds. And on the other end, the more PG the smaller the cloud. Also keep in mind the higher the PG content, the harsher the hit. I would recommend starting with a 50vg/50pg blend until you find your comfort zone. Welcome to ECF.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

DLMerlin

May 5, 2018
Arizona
'lo again!

I saved some pennies, and want to take advantage of the Mother's Day sale at elementvape.com, if I can. I think I've pretty much made up my mind to buy the Tesla 85watt Punk.
Now...I just need to figure out what is the best stuff to buy with it. I might as well get a whole setup at once, and then if I need to replace bits or pieces later, I can cross those bridges when I get there.

The website has a nice drop-down menu of various parts and accessories for making the thing work, but I'm a bit leery of those kinds of sales pitches. I figure it's often stuff they otherwise can't get rid of -and usually for good reasons.

I want:
The device itself (of course)
Two decent batteries (probably Sony)
A charger
2? High resistance tanks with replaceable coils

So.... if you're up for some vicarious shopping, I'd love to hear your suggestions and advice.

I'm not entirely stuck on ordering from this company, but do want to make as few separate orders as possible.

I also want to say "Thank-you" again to everyone who has helped me so much so far. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I want:
The device itself (of course)
Two decent batteries (probably Sony)
A charger
2? High resistance tanks with replaceable coils
I recommend the Sony VTC5A batteries. Probably the top all purpose 18650 battery currently on the market.
Efest LUC V4 charger. Inexpensive yet high quality.
The original Uwell Crown clearomizer tank. Buy the 1.2 ohm coils (high resistance) where you can find them. (The 1.2 0hm coils are out of stock at Element Vape) Tank comes with a 0.25 ohm and 0.5 ohm coil, and replacement glass in the kit.

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

DLMerlin

May 5, 2018
    Arizona
    Coils: Innokin Zenith MTL Replacement Coils Probably want 1.6 ohm resistance. The tank comes with an installed 1.6 ohm coil & spare 0.8 ohm. So you could always try it first.

Question: Why does this page have a bunch of recommendations for spools of wire and wicks? Isn't that an integral part of the replacement coil?

• Love

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Question: Why does this page have a bunch of recommendations for spools of wire and wicks? Isn't that an integral part of the replacement coil?

Ignore it - it's like McDonalds asking you if you want an Apple pie .. just say no because they aren't selling you anything you need.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread