The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hello fellow MN vapors :)

Discussion in 'MN Vapers' started by *Rachel*, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mattblack

mattblack Full Member Verified Member

I would recommend not getting the T+, but the T2 v2. The deck on the T2 v2 (apparently there was an unlabeled v1 that is still floating around) only has 3 holes on the deck instead of 4. The reason why this is important is because eventually you may want to U wick and on the T+/T2 v1, you have to remove the press fit silica post to accomplish this, where on the T2 v2, the hole already exists. :)

2. mattblack

PS.. U wicks are amazing. To those using an RBA and who haven't yet ventured in to U wicks, you should give it a go. The wicking due to the extra air flow is intense.

3. bfrie

bfrie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Do you have to mod the airflow at all when making a u wick

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

4. mattblack

no.. the second open hole (where the other half of the wick goes in) allows for enough airflow and the juice that would normally leak out of that hole winds up going through the wick.. it's kind of brilliant, actually.

5. bfrie

So you put the u wick in through the wick hole and the fill hole?

6. rcbell.N51

rcbell.N51 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2012
    Minnesota
    No. If you have an early version AGA-T, AGA-T+, or AGA-T2 you pull the post with the tiny screw out. That post is there for people who want to use silica wicks. After I did that I also drilled out the wick hole and the newly made wick hole to 3.1mm, but this is optional. Now you should have two smooth holes for the wick, and two threaded holes (with screws) for the ground and the fill hole.

As an aside, this also lets you set up dual wick dual coil configurations. But it's hard to fill unless you drill out a 5th hole in the deck.

You might be interested in this thread too.

7. bfrie

Wait I have 3 screwholes, the center post, wick hole, and that other post your talking about

8. bfrie

[​IMG]

9. rcbell.N51

Oct 6, 2012
    Minnesota
    Interesting. I hadn't seen that configuration before. Is that the version 2 mattblack was talking about?

In your case I would use that open screw hole for the other end of the u-wick (just as you said before I think). You don't want to go directly over the center post.

10. bfrie

So then I would open the third screw hole correct? And use that as the fill hole

11. rcbell.N51

Oct 6, 2012
    Minnesota
    Yup. That'd do it.

Can I ask what you're running it on (mod, ProVari, ZMax, mechanical)? Seems like a lot of wraps on that coil.

12. bfrie

Evic, that was my old setup my current one is 4 wraps 1.4 ohm.

13. rcbell.N51

Oct 6, 2012
    Minnesota
    Gotcha. You like the Evic? I wanted one in the worst way but I don't run a Windows OS.

14. bfrie

Yea it's my favorite. Way better than my zmax and I like it more than all the vamos I've tried. Plus it will fire a 1.2 coil

15. bfrie

How long should i cut the mesh for a u wick? And would i only oxidize the middle?

16. Ferrel1134

Ferrel1134 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    St. Paul mn
    Check your pm :)

17. rcbell.N51

Oct 6, 2012
    Minnesota
    That's always a plus. One day I'll try one.

18. Ferrel1134

Ferrel1134 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    St. Paul mn
    Ya I getting vision spinners not really using my evic anymore.

19. rcbell.N51

Oct 6, 2012
    Minnesota
    On my AGA I use about 3 inches by 3/4ths. But I drilled my wick holes to 3.1 mm so it takes a pretty thick wick. The u-wicks in my Foggatti are about 3 inches by 3/8ths or so because of the much smaller holes. Not sure if you've seen this, but cut your mesh diagonally (at 45 degrees to the weave). Makes it easier to make the bend without kinking the wick. I oxidize the whole wick, but not overly so. One or two good burns with no quenching. Oxidize the bend first to hold it in place.

EDIT: Should also mention that I didn't like the really thick wick I had on my AGA. It never seemed to wick very well and I don't think I'd do it that way again.

20. mattblack

Yeah, that's the "v2" (or whatever the official name is) version.. so you run the wick from it's current hole in to that open hole that you have next to the silica post.

If you do the U wick, you can leave the screw in that 3rd hole, as you'll get plenty of air flow without having to remove it (plus no leaking, yay! :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.