Hello fellow vapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all!
I have been a member here for quite some time and have yet to post. Today, I found that this may be a very useful tool and decided to jump in. I've been vaping for 5 or 6 years and have had the pleasure of growing with the industry. I started with the 901 style cigalikes that the typical "smoke anywhere" kiosk sold in the middle of the mall, then went to the blu cigs PCC kit when it first came out, then to the ego-t... and now I build devices and drip more than anything else. cigalikes and egos helped me to significantly reduce my cigarette use but it wasn't until I started dripping a couple of years ago that I was able to completely give up the stinkies. So that's my story! How about yours?

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Howdy, welcome to the forum!

Pretty much the same story. There's actually quite a few with a similar experience (ie: cigalike --> ego --> "advanced" devices) I started off on a Blu, which really did nothing to curb my cigarette consumption, and then I eventually moved on to an Ego-T and a ProTank situation. It wasn't long that I switched to a rebuildable and a mech mod, and these days I'm mostly on a rebuildable with some kind of multi-battery regulated device (right now an RX200). I'm in a similar boat though, it wasn't until I switched to rebuilding that I was able to actually quit. Cigalikes and even Egos just never did the trick for me.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hi to all!
I have been a member here for quite some time and have yet to post. Today, I found that this may be a very useful tool and decided to jump in. I've been vaping for 5 or 6 years and have had the pleasure of growing with the industry. I started with the 901 style cigalikes that the typical "smoke anywhere" kiosk sold in the middle of the mall, then went to the blu cigs PCC kit when it first came out, then to the ego-t... and now I build devices and drip more than anything else. Cigalikes and egos helped me to significantly reduce my cigarette use but it wasn't until I started dripping a couple of years ago that I was able to completely give up the stinkies. So that's my story! How about yours?

Hi @1natale , and welcome from Lurker status! Wow, SIX YEARS! FABULOUS story of success, sir!

I quit smoking the minute I opened my Vapemail from Smokeless Image.. It wasn't easy quitting on a cig-alike, but I also found this forum, even before I quit, and thought the Volt would do it for me, and it did! For two weeks! :) Then I got Ego batts, and 510 drip atties, and there was no looking back. STILL love dripping in a 510, at low watts.

Hope you are willing to continue participating! Experience like that, is pretty rare, and I am sure you can help MANY a new vaper!

Rimau

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
I have no idea where I'm at
Welcome. I'm like most of you guys, vaped with the prehistoric stuff for years before joining the forum and it really helped. Now I am only on infrequently, and sometimes have no idea what they are talking about with all these new types of batts and tanks and so on. I remember when there was only a couple of new ones out at a time and it was easy to keep up with. And I settled down to what I liked and finally got rid of the urge to try any new thing that came down the pike. I still shake my head when I see these guys firing up at 50 and 60 watts! I like to keep mine down to 3.5-6 max, makes my batts last longer and I guess the older tanks were just better designed and could give huge plums of vapor without having to be at a level that probably make the liquid carcinogenic. It just gives ammunition to the anti-vaping groups. I also can't figure out why in the hell anyone would want to start vaping if they didn't already smoke analogues, we used to only be ex-smokers trying to give up the 3000+ chemicals in cigs. I would never wish a nic habit on anybody. Oh, well, to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread